hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

For those who were actually there...

...would you agree with this BBC report that we dominated the game up until the Raith goal and had enough chances to have put the game to bed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36183202

2. Log in to remove the advert

If Cummings had scored the sitter it was a different game.

I felt fairly comfortable until they scored but after that I felt we'd concede again

First Team Breakthrough
    Not really, thought we were sloppy in possession, too many aimless balls forward, and no really threatening attempts on goal to challenge the keeper. Overall a pretty poor performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly dominated, it was a truly awful spectacle. Stokesy had a header and Cummings a 1v1 first half, that was about it. Created very little 2nd half and absolutely nothing after they scored.

Very poor performance IMO, even some our more consistent players like Fyvie and Bartley were pretty poor. We have incredible home form and that might see us through but we'll have to be much better than tonight.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 04-05-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    The game was there for the taking the night, Raith were honking up until the goal.

We should of been out of sight at half time, chance after chance missed, Cummings attempted lob was the worst tho. If that goes in we are 1-0 up at half time cruising.

Though we were in control first half and looked comfortable. Second was pretty poor though. Lacked the compuser to bring the ball down and play. Henderson did when he came on but was far too late by then.

The game was really poor, scrappy with no cutting edge. We can't play any worse and Raith are just as bad.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    No I dont think we dominated at all.

We had a lot of the ball which we wasted on numerous occassions and if im honest, i dont remember their keeper making a real save other than a header in the first half which went straight at him.

Their defence was pretty solid and well organised throughout and it was no surprise their goal came from a headed set piece as we lost more than we won in the air all over the park.

A bad night at the office from every Hibs player.

So much passing with very little end product. Could still be playing now and not have scored. We might dominate possession but we do hee haw with it. As a spectacle the game was an eyesore. Raith scored from a set piece but other than that they did absolute buttons.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Hibs had scored first i reckon we would have went on to win comfortably. Raith grew in confidence as the game went on while we were huffing and puffing. We had a lot of the ball but we hardly looked a dangerous attacking force. Raith are very average but they are well organised.

Quote Originally Posted by mghibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, thought we were sloppy in possession, too many aimless balls forward, and no really threatening attempts on goal to challenge the keeper. Overall a pretty poor performance

Agree - ***** night for me, some Fife lowlife let two of my tyres doon when I was at the game. Only motor in the street that got done, classless **** can't handle a Hibs private reg, regretting the dosh I spent in their 'stadium'.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    The game was really poor, scrappy with no cutting edge. We can't play any worse and Raith are just as bad.
    Yet somehow they are the ones in the driving seat why do we never play phish and then laugh at our good fortune 😤

Left by mutual consent!
    Wasn't at the game. But travelled to Germany for a few hours so I could catch an online stream.

It was a highly frustrating game to watch. A lot of huff and puff from both sides, with very little in the way of any real football. We had a couple of good chances that we should have taken, but they were laboured opportunities resulting from hopeful lumps up the park.

On that showing, we didn't really deserve anything out of the game. Raith Rovers bet us at a style that is more suited to them. I expect them to play pretty much the same way again at Easter Road. We just can't adequately break teams down who play to frustrate.

A terrible game. Raith really are a very very average team but set up in a way to be effective. We should have taken game to them but instead were timid and hoofed it up the park. When we got the ball it was hot potato stuff and Fontaine, Fyvie, Cummings and Stokes were very poor tonight. Bartley in particular was poor.

I think we will huff and puff on Saturday and go out 1-1. Still at least we can rest for cup final :)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    You could take the match report for loads of our games and apply it to tonight. We've all seen it too many times before.

The second half was played in Raith's half but we either ****ed up the cross or when the cross was good, there was nobody in the box.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    ...would you agree with this BBC report that we dominated the game up until the Raith goal and had enough chances to have put the game to bed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36183202

16 shots and 6 on target compared to their 3 shots and 2 on target. That's where the problem lies. We really need to be putting these chances away. Been a problem for most of the season and the sooner Cummings realises that he ain't Messi the better. I just hope he doesn't try another dink shot while he's playing for Hibs.

I'm not getting too disgruntled about the result as we have Saturday to make amends. Just feel sorry for the large support who travelled through there this evening.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    That's how I saw it two poor teams struggling to play on an awful pitch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    16 shots and 6 on target compared to their 3 shots and 2 on target. That's where the problem lies. We really need to be putting these chances away. Been a problem for most of the season and the sooner Cummings realises that he ain't Messi the better. I just hope he doesn't try another dink shot while he's playing for Hibs.

I'm not getting too disgruntled about the result as we have Saturday to make amends. Just feel sorry for the large support who travelled through there this evening.
    As you say that seems to be the story of so many league games this season and has effectively cost us what should really have been a comfortable second place.

Keatings in for Cummings on Saturday?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

The stats really count for nothing though. You can shoot from the half way line 16 times in a game and they still count as shots in the statistics. There was no real gilt edged chances. Even the Cummings chance was somewhat laboured.

We're just not creating any real stick on goal scoring opportunities. Too many half arsed attempts from outside the box as a result of an extreme lack of any creative attacking ideas.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was a confusing performance tonight, players didn't appear to know jobs or how we were supposed to be playing.

A poorer game you'll struggle to see, utter garbage with a lack of composure all over to be frank.

I couldn't work out what the gameplan was....if there was one. Looked to me that we wouldn't be too unhappy with a 0-0 which makes me feel like crying!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hardly dominated, it was a truly awful spectacle. Stokesy had a header and Cummings a 1v1 first half, that was about it. Created very little 2nd half and absolutely nothing after they scored.

Very poor performance IMO, even some our more consistent players like Fyvie and Bartley were pretty poor. We have incredible home form and that might see us through but we'll have to be much better than tonight.
    Pretty fair assessment imo. Almost exactly how I saw it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

For a team that has Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, John McGinn, Liam Henderson, Fraser Fyvie and Dylan McGeouch at its disposal, the lack of clear cut chances we often create during games is criminal.

We need to see a big improvement on Saturday or we'll be going no further.

Raith Rovers were garbage tonight and still won. We know what their gameplan will be on Saturday and it's often been a gameplan we have failed to cope with during the past two seasons but we need to find a way.

The onus is on us to attack. We need to score at least twice. No extra time, this team can ill afford an extra 30 minutes on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    The stats really count for nothing though. You can shoot from the half way line 16 times in a game and they still count as shots in the statistics. There was no real gilt edged chances. Even the Cummings chance was somewhat laboured.

We're just not creating any real stick on goal scoring opportunities. Too many half arsed attempts from outside the box as a result of an extreme lack of any creative attacking ideas.
    The BBC report says Cummings was "sent clean through by a superb ball from McGinn". Doesn't sound very laboured. Or do you mean his attempt to finish it?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the good news is, one of fontaines hoofs is expected to land back on earth before midnight, wtf has happened to that man

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    The BBC report says Cummings was "sent clean through by a superb ball from McGinn". Doesn't sound very laboured. Or do you mean his attempt to finish it?
    The game was full of aimless punts and slack passing. Whenever the ball was won in defence, the ball would be instantly hammered forward in the hope that it picked somebody out.

I suppose if you do it enough times in a game, one of those hundreds of aimless balls will turn good.

Why change it to 3-5-2 when we've been scoring.
    Mcginn is totally knackered. Cummings and stokes dont work. Gunarsson must be raging. Gray is not a captain. Awful awful performance

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'l certainly never slag any other teams for playing hoof ball now

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Why change it to 3-5-2 when we've been scoring.
    Mcginn is totally knackered. Cummings and stokes dont work. Gunarsson must be raging. Gray is not a captain. Awful awful performance
    This. Why change? Gunnarsson scores twice in three games and plays well yet gets dropped? Boyle offers a different option giving us an inter changing front three? McGinn is the one midfielder that was obvious was knackered and needed a rest?

Stubbs to blame tonight.

Certainly had best of it prior to the goal, I don't think anyone watching that believes they were watching a team destined for the premier league though - two very poor teams.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We dominated but didn't create enough chances. Playing Bartley and Fyvie against a defence minded Raith was indefencable.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire