hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dagnall

Dagnall

What are your thoughts on him?

I feel like he just needs to get goal 1 out the way then things will improve, however he has had ample chances and still not found the back of the net.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Based on his past I thought he was a shrewd signing. He's not offered enough and we can do a lot better.

Not bad for a fifth choice striker, looked lively and decent link up play, albeit no real goal threat. May be used more often in the play-offs as legs begin to tire.

Testimonial Due
    Would rather see Danny Handling given a crack.

Its partly lack of goals that has led to us finishing 3rd
    When we let Malonga go Stokes and Dagnal were brought in to primarily score goals as the risk with Farid was always going to be he may not stay fit
    The later has proved to be the case
    He will have a role to play in two leg games given his work rate but we can't wait on him finding scoring form so n that basis he is behind Cummings stokes and Keating's unless we need him to play a specific role in seeing a game out
    He has had chances , lots of them , but for some reason he hasnt produced his career average of one goal in every three games for us
    The Semi against st Johnstone he came close and if he had scored then things may have worked out different for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I like him he's a busy player. Once he gets a goal I think more will come. A decent squad player

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    He's not offered anywhere near enough for me. He's been disappointing to say the least.

The guy has had very few minutes on the park. For me it's unfair to judge him on that.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy has had very few minutes on the park. For me it's unfair to judge him on that.
    he's barely played but seems to have been written off by some already.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Well considering he's only here until the end of the season and is a complete bit part player it's hard to judge him on anything else. He is busy but his job is to score goals, he's gotten himself in decent positions but I feel he's a yard or two off it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I like him he's a busy player. Once he gets a goal I think more will come. A decent squad player
    he was desperately unlucky yesterday. the cross that came over was at 100mph and he just failed to connect. could see his frustration.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I like him, he looked to have a good partnership with Cummings when he first arrived

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He's played as much if not more than many we remember as total duds.

He's a striker that hasn't scored a goal, it hasn't worked out well.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Would rather see Danny Handling given a crack.
    This.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He's played as much if not more than many we remember as total duds.

He's a striker that hasn't scored a goal, it hasn't worked out well.
    Like who?

I thought he was good in the L/cup semi hardly played after that!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    He has been poor since the start and has never looked like taking any of the chances Stubbs has given him.

It was unbelievable that some people were content to let Malonga go with Dagnall being quoted as ahead of him in the pecking order and a reason we should let Malonga go.

Just looks like he is a playing a level or two above his capabilities. I would like him to do well but cant see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    He has been poor since the start and has never looked like taking any of the chances Stubbs has given him.

It was unbelievable that some people were content to let Malonga go with Dagnall being quoted as ahead of him in the pecking order and a reason we should let Malonga go.

Just looks like he is a playing a level or two above his capabilities. I would like him to do well but cant see it happening.
    I don't think anyone would pick Dagnall over Malonga. Sadly Malonga wanted to leave for family reasons and that happens in football. I liked Dom and wish he'd chose to stay until the summer but hey ho he's away and there is no one to blame.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Says a lot about our mangers opinion of him if an unfit Farid is put on before him in the cup semi final.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I don't think anyone would pick Dagnall over Malonga. Sadly Malonga wanted to leave for family reasons and that happens in football. I liked Dom and wish he'd chose to stay until the summer but hey ho he's away and there is no one to blame.

The thing is mate some people did at the time. I know all the family stuff and that, i was more using it as an example of how a player like Malonga who was capable of putting one in the top corner from 25 yards, could somehow be regarded as behind Dagnall who hadn't shown anything like that level of ability!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    This.
    Agreed... Danny handling oh ma sides

Dagnall just needs a goal. I honestly feel that his energy, work rate, link up play and ability to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into the game make him a player we need to see more of. He is just needing a break.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    My mate who is a Barnsley fan never rated him either. Funnily enough he saw him play in India when he was on holiday in goa and said he was no better there.
    45 AND RISING

It written for him to score the Scottish cup winner or the goal to get us promoted

The thing is mate some people did at the time. I know all the family stuff and that, i was more using it as an example of how a player like Malonga who was capable of putting one in the top corner from 25 yards, could somehow be regarded as behind Dagnall who hadn't shown anything like that level of ability!
    He's certainly not been anywhere near the level we are looking for. His work rate is fine but it's goals we need and it looks like he's failed on that front. I would however like to see him get more game time as he's only getting some game time here and there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dunno why but I have this feeling that once he does score, he'll go on to score a lot more - just now it's certainly not for a lack of effort he hasn't scored. Maybe that's why he hasn't scored yet, trying too hard ??

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Dunno why but I have this feeling that once he does score, he'll go on to score a lot more - just now it's certainly not for a lack of effort he hasn't scored. Maybe that's why he hasn't scored yet, trying too hard ??
    Me too

You could say that Stokes was Malonga's direct replacement, Stokes has been our most influential player recently while Malonga had been average this season.

Dagnall effectively has replaced Feruz and Anier, all three have hardly featured.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    You could say that Stokes was Malonga's direct replacement, Stokes has been our most influential player recently while Malonga had been average this season.

Dagnall effectively has replaced Feruz and Anier, all three have hardly featured.
    Correct Stokes is the replacement for Malonga not Dagnall.

He seemed to pull out the challenge near the end of yesterday's game with there goalkeeper when a bit more desire would have won the ball and had a open goal.