hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Big Decisions for Wednesday

Do Bartley and McGeough come in and if so who drops out?

Who starts in goals? 2 clean sheets in a row for Logan but Oxley played well at Morton and is the number 1.

McGreggor in for Fontaine? Gray for Gunnarson?

Surely Cummings coming back in is a no brainer.

Interesting few days ahead.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Who starts in goals? 2 clean sheets in a row for Logan but Oxley played well at Morton and is the number 1.

3/3 for Logan. Didn't have much to do once again but everything that came at him he handled well.

I'd leave Dylan on the bench again for Wednesday rather than push him, we have the other options at the moment and I'd want him to be ready come then.

Love Fonts but I think McGregor and Hanlon are a better pair. Or 5-3-2...

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar

Some good questions PB. I think Fontaine will drop out and I also think Gray will return at full back. JC is a shoe in for Keatings. I suspect that Dylan will be on the bench with him being used in the home game if we need to drive on for goals.

I think the difficult choice is in the goalkeeping department. MO is number 1 but CL has still to be beaten.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Logan should stay in 100%. McGregor will come in for Fontaine, as will Cummings for Keatings and probably Gray for Gunnarsson.

The big question is midfield. I'd be tempted to replace one of Fyvie, Henderson or McGinn for Bartley - probably Henderson.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Fontaine looked a bit shaky today but overall he is better with the ball at his feet against a team sitting back than McGregor. This may not be as big an issue on Wednesday though since surely Raith will have a go. They won't want to have to come to Easter Road needing to win.

Keatings had a chance to really build on his goals mid-week but he didn't take it. Cummings back in for me.

Gunnarssan or Gray is a tough call. I wouldn't mind but Stubbs will definitely back his captain. Logan hasn't lost a goal yet so harsh to drop him. I wouldn't throw McGeouch in right from the start on Wednesday. Give him another 30 minutes and then swap him and Mcginn for the return leg.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I'd put McGregor back in, Fontaine looked a bit shaky today. Cummings will come in for Keatings I'd imagine and if it was up to me Logan would still be in goals.

I'd put Bartley back in too, possibly for McGinn as he looks shattered.

Bartley in for McGinn is a must. McGinn is the only one of our key players not to have a proper rest, and you can tell that he's very tired.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    McGinn was knackered after 9 mins today! Don't see Stubbs dropping him though.
    Boyle out for me. Hasn't done enough in his starts to justify a place. Rather than making runs wide to create space he runs through middle & gets in others way. Very frustrating. Poor coaching IMO.
    McGregor for Fonts
    Bartley for Boyle
    Cummings for Keatings
    I wouldn't start McGeoch yet despite it being freest to have him back.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Defo put Mcgregor in for Fontaine. Cummings in for Keatings

Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    Some good questions PB. I think Fontaine will drop out and I also think Gray will return at full back. JC is a shoe in for Keatings. I suspect that Dylan will be on the bench with him being used in the home game if we need to drive on for goals.

I think the difficult choice is in the goalkeeping department. MO is number 1 but CL has still to be beaten.
    I really don't see why you would change anything with the starting line up from today. Why do you think Fontaine will drop out and Gray return? I take it that would mean McGregor in and Gunnarsson out too?

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    McGinn was knackered after 9 mins today! Don't see Stubbs dropping him though.
    Boyle out for me. Hasn't done enough in his starts to justify a place. Rather than making runs wide to create space he runs through middle & gets in others way. Very frustrating. Poor coaching IMO.
    McGregor for Fonts
    Bartley for Boyle
    Cummings for Keatings
    I wouldn't start McGeoch yet despite it being freest to have him back.
    Absolutely agree with this. McGinns been off the boil for a wee while, I'd maybe give him a rest but like you say I dont see Stubbs dropping him.

He's very vocal is our conrad!!!! He was the loudest in the stadium today 😊

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Agree with giving McGinn a rest on Wednesday, he looks the one player that badly needs a break. Would expect Cummings to start alongside Stokes, but with Raith's poor pitch, there may not be much to be gained out of Stokes' prods and probes round the box, and may need to be a bit more direct instead.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 01-05-2016 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The pitch at Raith the last time was a bit of a shocker, Stubbs said that the players were thinking too much about it. Will have a bearing on his team selection, unless it's improved dramatically

First Team Breakthrough MileHighBees's Avatar

Start Bartley as surely Raith won't be 'parking the bus' at home so we'll need his defensive qualities.
    If McGeough is fit enough for 90 mins then start him too otherwise save him for the home leg.

Logan 100%.

Close call but keep Fontaine.
    I like Gray but he's struggled recently and right now Gunnarsson contributes more and is a far better option.

25 goals for Cummings this season says he should start.

Also agree with all the comments saying McGinn needs a rest.
    Save him for the home leg if possible.

The positive is that we now seem to have a fully fit squad available at a crucial time.
    Yes - there may be a few looking tired in games - but when you've got positive bench players that can come on, it always gives us a better chance. Not a fan is squad rotation myself but I think needs must over the next 7 games. This squad can become heroes. Up there with the Famous Five, the Tornadoes and the Mowbray youngsters, who all excited us at the time.

I'm not looking for excitement over the next 24 days but results are all we need. Don't care how we get them. How we get them will be down to the squad, who I think have shown in last couple of weeks that they know each other's game. So changing it around isn't as much of a negative as it sometimes can be.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighBees View Post
    Start Bartley as surely Raith won't be 'parking the bus' at home so we'll need his defensive qualities.
    If McGeough is fit enough for 90 mins then start him too otherwise save him for the home leg.

Logan 100%.

Close call but keep Fontaine.
    I like Gray but he's struggled recently and right now Gunnarsson contributes more and is a far better option.

25 goals for Cummings this season says he should start.

Also agree with all the comments saying McGinn needs a rest.
    Save him for the home leg if possible.
    Raith like to throw long balls into the box, need our big players to stand up and be counted

@hibs.net private member
    Conrad has to start on Wednesday, surely.

keatings will be out for Cummings and I hope we stick with Gunnarson rather than gray.

I would argue that we should maybe start Keatings and Stokes as we seem to play better with them as a front two but Cummings gets you goals and will be out to make amends for last time.

McGinn should be out really needs a rest it's affecting his performance by time

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I really don't see why you would change anything with the starting line up from today. Why do you think Fontaine will drop out and Gray return? I take it that would mean McGregor in and Gunnarsson out too?
    Tamil, I'm not saying it's what I would do but what I think will happen. I think Stubbs has been trying to rest a few players in an attempt to try and keep them sharp hence these players will come back in. The one player who could really do with a rest is McGinn. We may see him rested midweek with Bartley coming in.

What is important though is that we are still in the game come next weekend. I think Stubbs will tinker midweek (but not enough to risk a loss) and then go for it next weekend.

Did we play a back four today or was Boyle operating as a wing-back?

Gray & McGregor will probably come back in and I'd like to see Bartley in the middle with Fyvie as well.

Not sure McGeouch will be risked from the start but Cummings must return!

Our keeper is likely to be busier than in the last couple of games, so that's a big call. A clean sheet in Kirkcaldy would be very handy.

3-5-2, with Gunnarson or Fontaine dropping out for McGregor. Gray in for Boyle, Bartley in for Henderson or McGinn and Cummings instead of Keatings. McGeouch to get 20-30 mins.

Gunni is on a streak of two goals in two games but Hanlon is probably best in the sweeper role in a 3, which may favour two lefties.

Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley Henderson

Cummings Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I'd put McGregor back in, Fontaine looked a bit shaky today. Cummings will come in for Keatings I'd imagine and if it was up to me Logan would still be in goals.

I'd put Bartley back in too, possibly for McGinn as he looks shattered.
    Agree with all of that. Plus I would keep Gunnarson in, doesnt deserve to be dropped

@hibs.net private member
    Its a great selection headache for Stubbs to have in midfield. I would rest McGinn and bring in McGeouch who looked different class when he came on today and Henderson was excellent and must start. I must mention Anthony Stokes - what a player he is looking for us now - his link up play today was top drawer

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

McGinn should be out really needs a rest it's affecting his performance by time
    I would rest him for the entire Raith tie. Its a gamble but I'm afraid he needs it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Raith like to throw long balls into the box, need our big players to stand up and be counted
    Yep for that reason Bartley and McGregor in. Gray and Cummings to start also. It will be a battle for sure.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Logan

Gunnarsson (WB) McGregor Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson (WB)

Fyvie Henderson McGeouch

Cummings Stokes

Subs: Oxley, Gray, McGinn, Bartley, Boyle, Keatings, Dagnall

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

No change for me

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    He's very vocal is our conrad!!!! He was the loudest in the stadium today 

He made more noise than the travelling faithful from Dumfries

Coaching Staff
    The difference this time is that we don't need to go chasing the game for 2nd place in the league, it's gone, we are now in a 2 legged series of play off games, lets see how the Raith & Falkirk teams handle a team playing a perhaps more defensive set up.

I'm not convinced Stubbs will rest McGinn,while i agree he could do with one there has been oportunities to leave him out but he plays virtually every game,these play off games are huge so i think he'll play.hopefully we put the game out of sight on Wednesday and he can take a brake on saterday