hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Championship team of the year

2. Log in to remove the advert

No Conrad?

McGregor isn't the defender from our team I would have guessed would have made the team - but happy to see him in there all the same

Cummings and McGinn no brainers

These things normally leave you scratching your head but you have to say that's pretty much spot on. I guess Bartley maybe deserves a place and Darren maybe just sneaked in but it's hard to argue with most inclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGregor isn't the defender from our team I would have guessed would have made the team - but happy to see him in there all the same

Agreed, Hanlon is our best defender by some way. And no way should Peter Grant be in that side as he has been out injured since about January. The rest of it i'd agree with.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

With it being voted for by players, you think maybe a lot of Rangers players voted for McGregor?

McGregor and Grant should probably have been replaced by Hanlon and Vaulks but I'm happy for Darren, think Hanlon's injuries had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    With it being voted for by players, you think maybe a lot of Rangers players voted for McGregor?
    I hadn't even noticed that was how it worked, mate. You may well have a point.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    McGregor and Grant should probably have been replaced by Hanlon and Vaulks but I'm happy for Darren, think Hanlon's injuries had something to do with it.
    I think you are right but not many players would have voted for vaulks since he has spent the season booting everyone up and down the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Agreed, Hanlon is our best defender by some way. And no way should Peter Grant be in that side as he has been out injured since about January. The rest of it i'd agree with.
    Hanlon is a great player but he isn't better than McGregor by some way, McGregor is a quality old fashioned centre half who would stroll into most SPL teams.

McGregor is massively underrated in my opinion, as Good as hanlon is and Fontaine, McG would be the first name on the team sheet if/when we get back to the SPl.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 29-04-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hanlon is a great player but he isn't better than McGregor by some way, McGregor is a quality old fashioned centre half who would stroll into most SPL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    That team would probably win the top flight. No arguments with it.

I prefer McGregor over Hanlon so glad to see him in the team.

Off topic but seeing Waghorn in the team reminded me. What's his injury situation? Is he expected to make the final?

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    I prefer McGregor over Hanlon so glad to see him in the team.

Off topic but seeing Waghorn in the team reminded me. What's his injury situation? Is he expected to make the final?
    Waghorn is set to return for there game against st mirren. So yes he will be back for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    The boy grant being out is the main reason that the falkirk fans i work beside dont think they will go up. He apparently has been a huge miss for them....and i think their goals against since he was out kinda shows it. Whether or not he should be in the team....i dunno....but they miss him big style.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    Waghorn is set to return for there game against st mirren. So yes he will be back for the final.
    Okay, thanks.

I've never been hugely impressed with him but I'd still rather he hadn't made it.

Left by mutual consent!
    It would appear that Hanlon's fellow professionals don't rate him as highly as some on here, why am I not surprised at that. You'll still find some say they know better than people who have played against him, oh lordy

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    It would appear that Hanlon's fellow professionals don't rate him as highly as some on here, why am I not surprised at that. You'll still find some say they know better than people who have played against him, oh lordy
    He was injured for weeks, that probably played a big part. Do you think Hanlon being omitted from 1 team of the year means he is a poor player? You embarrass yourself more with every post about him.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    He was injured for weeks, that probably played a big part. Do you think Hanlon being omitted from 1 team of the year means he is a poor player? You embarrass yourself more with every post about him.

Left by mutual consent!
    He wasn't out that long for him not to have made the team of the year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. The only embarrassing thing I see is people who rate him a lot higher than he actually is.

Saw you'd posted on this and assumed it was about him. Did he no call you back?

He makes the best centre backs on the Terrace podcast

He wasn't out that long for him not to have made the team of the year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. The only embarrassing thing I see is people who rate him a lot higher than he actually is.
    You act like there is some bar and that is as good as Hanlon is and people rating him higher are wrong. If 100 people rate Paul Hanlon as a quality player and 5 rate him as a poor one I'd say there is a pretty good chance those 100 people are right. That is the case here.

You don't half slaver some piyesh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    You don't half slaver some piyesh.
    Aye ok Paul, it would appear the strikers like Nade and co don't rate him as highly as you do, but you know better than them as well huh.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Or it could be that his fellow professionals do actually rate him highly but rate someone else even more. You certainly seem to have a bee in your bonnet regards PH

Testimonial Due
    McGregor, Hanlon and Fontaine (and Jordon Forster) would all stroll into most SPL teams.