hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Liam Henderson's Future

Anyone think we can keep hold of him for next season ?
    I reckon with them getting a new manager he might be required there because he's defo a smashing player with a great future ahead of him..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

More likely to get Allan back which I'd be fine with.

A midfield of Fyvie, McGeouch, Mcginn, Bartley, Allan + 1 more and maybe Scott Martin coming through would be a good top 6 SPL midfield if we go up. Could be anything if we stay down, players will come and go for sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Think he'll be here with Scott Allan next season

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone think we can keep hold of him for next season ?
    I reckon with them getting a new manager he might be required there because he's defo a smashing player with a great future ahead of him..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I think if the decision was down to Liam Henderson he would choose to stay with us. He clearly loves the Hibees.

Maybe stubbs will give him back to us 💚

The people that think he's going to walk into Celtic's first team are kidding themselves. Allan and Christie, better players can't get much of a look in and they will need to improve with Rangers being back in the league.

If we stay down he won't stay. However if we go up and make a decent offer to Celtic I think we may be able to land him.

Celtic will spend in the summer after their loss to Rangers, they have bided their time waiting and saving money on average players. Johansen, Brown etc are all on a shoogly peg when a new manager comes in and Henderson, Allan will be down the pecking order again.

Henderson will not cut it at Celtic IMO. He has lots of nice touches but not much of an end product. Can see him moving down south.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Henderson will not cut it at Celtic IMO. He has lots of nice touches but not much of an end product. Can see him moving down south.
    I see where you're coming from but remember he us still very young. If he adds goals to his game he could go all the way.

Coaching Staff
    If I was a new manager with huge expectations coming in, I would already have the players I wanted pencilled in.

Don't think that would include someone who had been on loan to a Scottish lower tiered league side, as the view would be that I needed Instant results, and someone 'stepping up' would not supply that instant improvement.

The shelf life for managers is decreasing, and while lip service is paid to it at some clubs, 'development' is not a huge priority....winning is.

I think Liam will move south eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Celtic will spend in the summer after their loss to Rangers, they have bided their time waiting and saving money on average players. Johansen, Brown etc are all on a shoogly peg when a new manager comes in and Henderson, Allan will be down the pecking order again.
    Haven't they already wasted their money on players like Pukki and Scepovic? I doubt Celtic will be spending much money any time soon.

lest we forget, it is THE Rangers, not an old club that used to be called Rangers

Blog Entries
    The last time I looked at Kerrydale Street, I saw a thread which suggested he was really well thought of at Celtic. I suppose it depends on the thoughts of the new manager, but, who knows, there's maybe a chance we can get him on loan for one more season. I can't see Scott Allan returning.

Henderson is a huge Celtic fan. If you look at the interview he gave to the Irish lad after our semi, he clearly stated he wanted Celtic to win against the Huns despite it meaning he would miss out.

I reckon he will be farmed out again by Celtic, only this time to a premier league team if we don't go up or to a championship side down South.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Henderson is a huge Celtic fan. If you look at the interview he gave to the Irish lad after our semi, he clearly stated he wanted Celtic to win against the Huns despite it meaning he would miss out.

I reckon he will be farmed out again by Celtic, only this time to a premier league team if we don't go up or to a championship side down South.
    Political answer to the question though imagine how it would have gone down with his employers or fans if he said he wanted Rangers to win just so he could play in a final.

I'd like to think we'll at least be asking the question...
    Celtic are overloaded in midfield and a new manager will want to bring in new players.
    The new manager will probably want to take a look at all of his options though, so it might be up in the air until the end of August.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Political answer to the question though imagine how it would have gone down with his employers or fans if he said he wanted Rangers to win just so he could play in a final.
    He also said pretty clearly to the question about if he wanted Rangers to win, 'nah, no way, I'm a Celtic man'. In his Glasgow accent. He's clearly a born Celtic fan and our chances of getting him are very slim imo.

Would be a great addition though, he's been smashing for us!

@hibs.net private member
    He is keen to play football. Since he's been at Hibs he's received 1 text from John Kennedy & nothing from Delia. He would be happy to play at Hibs again but that's up to the nee Celtic manager.

Yes he is a Celtic fan,7 of the squad are, but he did have a Hibs ST for 2 years when we was younger.

Left by mutual consent!
    The question is has he improved as much and developed as much for Celtics liking on loan at us? Two national finals and big pressure games says to me he is getting the exposure at least but I can't see him getting a game at Parkhead any time soon. Hopefully he's back next season.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He is keen to play football. Since he's been at Hibs he's received 1 text from John Kennedy & nothing from Delia. He would be happy to play at Hibs again but that's up to the nee Celtic manager.

Yes he is a Celtic fan,7 of the squad are, but he did have a Hibs ST for 2 years when we was younger.
    Interesting about having a season ticket for us when he was younger. In an ideal world the new Celtic manager will come in, not fancy him, and we'll be his first choice as we'll be in a more attractive position anyway being back in the Premier League.

That's crazy if that's the extent of the contact between the parent club and a young prospect.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I think we have a half decent chance of keeping him, if we get promoted. Celtic will feel the NEED to be better than Rangers next year. henderson is a great prospect, but he has played against Rangers a number of times this season without being the difference between the sides on any occasion. I can't see him getting a first team berth for Celts next year. Of course it all depends on the new manager, but I think we have every chance of we are in the top league.

He may be used by their new manager as an example that celtic are promoting and giving a chance to their youth, it was one of the reasons Deila got the job i think because of his work with promoting youngsters at stromsgodset, however ultimately he failed to do this at celtic and perhaps it added to the pressure in getting him sacked. Whats the chances of Brown finishing of his career were he started ? if celtic do an overhaul of their squad.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 28-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He may be used by their new manager as an example that celtic are promoting and giving a chance to there youth, it was one of the reasons Deila got the job i think because of his work with promoting youngsters at stromsgodset, however ultimately he failed to do this at celtic and perhaps it added to the pressure in getting him sacked. Whats the chances of Brown finishing of his career were he started ? if celtic do an overhaul of their squad.
    No chance they will spend to sell season tickets and hammer rangers.

Brown has never hid a desire to finish up here.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Are we a retirement home for Scott Brown? Him and his patronising guff can gtf. No welcome as far as I'm concerned.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I feel sure their new manager will be happy to listen to offers. Question will be whether we can offer them enough and I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    No chance they will spend to sell season tickets and hammer rangers.

Brown has never hid a desire to finish up here.

Reading online and listening to punters, they said Celtic tried something different with Deila by bringing in young players and trying to develop them but they weren't good enough for Europe and are still struggling to an extent in the league. Getting beat by Rangers have game them a wake up call, I'm not saying they'll spend huge but the cheque book will come out and a good few in that squad will be away.

Remember his grandfather is a big Hibbie

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Think he'll be here with Scott Allan next season
    If Celtic release Allan he'll go to the Huns