hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar

atletico v bayern

Saul niguez just out gemmilled archie's goal in 78. What a goal!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Superb goal - and it was against some of the best players in the world.

Great control and perfectly placed finish

Just seen it, brilliant goal.

Brilliant goal. Anyone remember the night athletico booted Celtic off the park in the European Cup semi. 2 or 3 sent off and it ended 0-0 at Parkhead

Would love for Atletico to beat Real in the final, if anyone deserves to win a derby like that its them

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant goal. Anyone remember the night athletico booted Celtic off the park in the European Cup semi. 2 or 3 sent off and it ended 0-0 at Parkhead
    Yeah remember watching that......Jimmy johnstone was booted up and down the park that night (what a player he was btw)
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

If Athletico put out Munich after beating Barcelona they should just do away with the final and give them the trophy there and then.

Love Simione. Read a bit in the Metro today saying the Premier clubs have missed out by not snapping him up but I'm glad he's in Spain. Complete breath of fresh air and helping to mount a serious challenge to the big two.

And with Saul scoring, my namesake son will be delighted!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    If Athletico put out Munich after beating Barcelona they should just do away with the final and give them the trophy there and then.

Love Simione. Read a bit in the Metro today saying the Premier clubs have missed out by not snapping him up but I'm glad he's in Spain. Complete breath of fresh air and helping to mount a serious challenge to the big two.

And with Saul scoring, my namesake son will be delighted!
    Simeone is a prick. That incident the other day was utterly ridiculous, and if it had been someone like Mourinho, he'd be getting absolutley slated for it on message boards all over the place. Simeone is suspended for the rest of the season, but if Atletico had lost a goal there, it could have put them out the title race. That sort of thing shouldn't happen in an amateur game, never mind at that level.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Simeone is a prick. That incident the other day was utterly ridiculous, and if it had been someone like Mourinho, he'd be getting absolutley slated for it on message boards all over the place. Simeone is suspended for the rest of the season, but if Atletico had lost a goal there, it could have put them out the title race. That sort of thing shouldn't happen in an amateur game, never mind at that level.
    I think the ref should have just played on and booted the ball off the pitch though probably the rules say otherwise. Incredible thing to happen in a top flight game. Would have caused a riot if done in an away game.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    McGinn could do that in the SC Final

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Agree that he shouldn't have done that but still reckon he's a top manager. Just a wee bit radge