hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big thank you all

I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for hibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the hibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.
    Last edited by Jay; 21-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    God bless. Martin was a joy to listen to on Hibs TV.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BG23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for bibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the bibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.
    God bless you!

Thoughts are with you and family.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Thanks for posting - very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that the Hibernian community will all be thinking of you all just now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for bibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the bibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.
    He was a lovely lad, B and a good and loyal friend. My heart goes out to you and yours at this sad time

John
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Just posted on the other thread. Sorry to be posting in such circumstances. I'm glad you've found some comfort from the word of friends, colleagues and even strangers genuine in their appreciation of your son.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

His commentary was great. Sorry for your loss.

@hibs.net private member
    It's difficult to know what to say, other than I'm terribly sorry for your tragic and sudden loss, and that my thoughts are with you. Although he didn't live for anywhere near enough years, it's striking that he has made a big impression on a lot of people.
    Last edited by s.a.m; 22-04-2016 at 07:11 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Thoughts are with you and your family.

@hibs.net private member
    So sorry for your loss. I'll always remember the passion he had for hibs through the commentary and the screaming joy we heard when Hibs scored. He came across as a true gent. Sadly missed but very fondly remembered.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    You should be very proud of the impact your boy had on so many people. Stay strong and remember the good times. RIP Martin

Thank you for coming on here, today of all days, and I hope you and your wife gain some small comfort from how the terrible news is being received. You and yours are part of the Hibernian family so are not alone - RIP Martin. "Forever I'll be singing to the angels high above".

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    So sorry for your loss.

Deepest of condolences to you and the family - and credit to you for taking the time to post the above words during such circumstances.

RIP

First Team Breakthrough

Thank you Martin.....

I'm in Canada...and he was my Hibee eyes and ears for many games...I loved his voice and his manner. I am shocked and deeply saddened and offer my condolences to Martin's family and close friends

Never met Martin but listened many times on Hibs TV & his passion for Hibs shone through in his commentary & struck a chord with many a Hibee including myself.
    God Bless at this very difficult time.

Left by mutual consent!
    God bless you Mr G, Sir, every thought with you and your wife just now at this horrible time.

Really sorry to hear this. A good hibby gone too soon. So sorry for your loss.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Thanks for posting - very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that the Hibernian community will all be thinking of you all just now.

I didn't know Martin, but clearly a man loved and liked by many.

Thoughts are with your family.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Did the Back Four radio show on a number of occasions with Martin and he was a cracking guy. Thoughts are with you.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Thoughts are with you at this awful time.

R.I.P Martin

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

I didn't know Martin, but clearly a man loved and liked by many.

Thoughts are with your family.
    Never had the privilege of meeting Martin, but having been a frequenter of the HibsClub in the early seventies, knew a few of what would have been relatives, as The Council' at that time had A couple on it I think.

Terrible news, and my thoughts with you and your family.

So sad of your loss Brian take care pal- Charlie W💔💚💚

Left by mutual consent!
    There's a nice tribute to Martin on the Hibs official site.

God bless.

I am Martin glancy's father and would just like to say on behalf of my wife and myself a huge thanks for all the kind thoughts and messages. To say we are devastated is an understatement as we both cannot get to grips with our tragic loss. Over the last year Martin scaled down his bibs tv work purely due to my wife being very ill and he could not guarantee being available. He loved doing the work for hibs tv and did so for many years. Martin for years travelled on the central branch of the hibs supporters bus and had many happy memories. Thank you again to everyone.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss sir - Martin's commentary and passion for his club were heard and enjoyed far beyond the shores of his hometown - sad day for the Hibs family ...

❤❤ "his memory marches on"

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I never knew Martin, but he's given me and many more some very memorable moments and memories. I cant imagine what you are going through, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Condolences to you and your Family Brian.

Thoughts are with you all.

Brockie x
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Really sorry for your loss. Having lost a son of a similar age not that long ago I share your pain. You can take some solace from the messages on here in that your son brought joy to many people and will be sorely missed.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Mr Glancy,

I never knew Martin but have been moved to tears reading some of the tributes to your son who undoubtedly touched the hearts of many Hibees from near and far. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Keith.