hibs.net Messageboard

Promotion and Scottish Cup win odds?

Not usually a gambler but just have a feeling for this, can anyone find odds on Hibs to get promoted and win Scottish Cup?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can't find any having a quick glance online but if you go into any high street bookies I'm sure they will be happy to quote you a price.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Well we're 2/1 to win the Scottish Cup probably about the same to go up. So that would be 8/1 if my calculations are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't find any having a quick glance online but if you go into any high street bookies I'm sure they will be happy to quote you a price.
    Cheers, yeh had a look online but couldn't see anything either, shifts mean I can't get into bookies before kick off on Saturday and thought odds would be longer before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Well we're 2/1 to win the Scottish Cup probably about the same to go up. So that would be 8/1 if my calculations are correct
    I thought we would be more than 2/1 to go up? Potentially 3 X 2 legged games to win.
    Thanks though, will try and get to bookies before 3pm Saturday.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I asked Sky Bet but they won't give a price for it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Cant double up online.....must be a reason for that but if went to a bookies and asked they might come up with a price.

Anyone fancying a bet for us in the cup final best odds i've seen currrently are 11/4 at William Hill.

Send PaddyPower an email mate. They'll (and likely others) probably quote you a price if you request it

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Perry View Post
    Not usually a gambler but just have a feeling for this, can anyone find odds on Hibs to get promoted and win Scottish Cup?
    Go to oddschecker. Gives all the main bookies in uk. You would have to make that bet a double. (retired bookie here lol)

Gd luck !! Hope your right.

Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Go to oddschecker. Gives all the main bookies in uk. You would have to make that bet a double. (retired bookie here lol)

Gd luck !! Hope your right.
    Yep but with them being 'related' bets they won't be quoting prices on oddschecker unless anyone is doing a special on it, and it's not just a case of adding the odds together (although it won't be a million miles off).

I think the only way to get your price and get your bet on for this will be to request it in-shop or by email

if I was pricing up the play off odds I'd have hibs about 7/4, Falkirk 2/1, Raith 8/1 and SPL team in 11th 15/8. Hibs price will shorten if we achieve 2nd place to around 6/4 with Falkirk moving out to 5/2-11/4 mark.

McBooke are offering as follows:
    6/1 promotion and win scottish cup

5/2 promotion and lose Scottiish cup

11/8 we fail to win either

Paul Petrie, McBookie.com spokesman commented, “ It has been a rollercoaster season for Hibernian and has the potential to be one of the best ever. However, the bad news is that it could also end up with two cup final defeats and another season in the Championship. It will be a fascinating end to the campaign.

Last edited by pacoluna; 22-04-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    if I was pricing up the play off odds I'd have hibs about 7/4, Falkirk 2/1, Raith 8/1 and SPL team in 11th 15/8. Hibs price will shorten if we achieve 2nd place to around 6/4 with Falkirk moving out to 5/2-11/4 mark.
    Surely the 11th place SPL team would be much shorter? There's far less risk attached to that position and the system's designed to favour the higher league.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Yep but with them being 'related' bets they won't be quoting prices on oddschecker unless anyone is doing a special on it, and it's not just a case of adding the odds together (although it won't be a million miles off).

I think the only way to get your price and get your bet on for this will be to request it in-shop or by email
    But they're not related bets. You simply take the price on each and bet on the double. The price on us going up will change over the next week depending whether we have 2 rounds or 3 rounds to play.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post

Paul Petrie, McBookie.com spokesman commented, “ It has been a rollercoaster season for Hibernian and has the potential to be one of the best ever. However, the bad news is that it could also end up with two cup final defeats and another season in the Championship. It will be a fascinating end to the campaign.

11/8 could make an interesting consolation bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Surely the 11th place SPL team would be much shorter? There's far less risk attached to that position and the system's designed to favour the higher league.
    True, however last year motherwell were 4/1 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by MB Crunch View Post
    11/8 could make an interesting consolation bet.
    there would be no consolation other than getting completely rat arsed and suffering from temporary amnesia for about a month.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    there would be no consolation other than getting completely rat arsed and suffering from temporary amnesia for about a month.
    Aye...but at least you wouldn't have to stump up for the bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    But they're not related bets. You simply take the price on each and bet on the double. The price on us going up will change over the next week depending whether we have 2 rounds or 3 rounds to play.
    Yes they are - try simply selecting the prices and see if the online bookie shows odds for the double. I am confident it will only show singles on the betslip.

Oh and if I am wrong.. let us know what odds you get

Quote Originally Posted by MB Crunch View Post
    Aye...but at least you wouldn't have to stump up for the bender.
    would need to put a reasonably big stake on to get something decent back though.. I'm fairly confident though this won't happen as much as pessimistic moan that I am.

would need to put a reasonably big stake on to get something decent back though.. I'm fairly confident though this won't happen as much as pessimistic moan that I am.
    The bookies never cottoned on to how bad Hibs were in 2014 for a long time. There was a lot to be made on us finishing 11th and ultimately going down.

Did fund the piss-up after, didn't really help the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    The bookies never cottoned on to how bad Hibs were in 2014 for a long time. There was a lot to be made on us finishing 11th and ultimately going down.

Did fund the piss-up after, didn't really help the pain.
    that must have been a decent price at some point? even the most pessimistic of us thought it wouldnt happen, as bad as we were.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 22-04-2016 at 12:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Yes they are - try simply selecting the prices and see if the online bookie shows odds for the double. I am confident it will only show singles on the betslip.

Oh and if I am wrong.. let us know what odds you get
    You are right, the bookies do treat them as related for some reason so can’t do a double in the normal way ( certainly not on bet 365 anyway!).

How do I get these odds? Can't find them on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    that must have been a decent price at some point? even the most pessimistic of us thought it wouldnt happen, as bad as we were.
    Just after the split we were 20/1 to finish 11th. Then after the playoff first leg we were 20/1 to go down. I didn't take either bet, despite it being clear as day what was happening.

Thanks everyone, appreciate it. Will pop into bookies tomorrow and see what I can get.