hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Dylan McGeouch Stats

I have been discussing with fellow fans recently how much I think we miss Dylan's presence in matches and how I would be keen to investigate the stats. Now, having had some time (some would say far too much!) I have looked at games we have played, won, drawn and lost both with and without Dylan. I don't think it is fair to claim one player is instrumental to our season and I think our squad has put in a terrific shift, but still found the numbers interesting... thoughts?

With Without
    Played 24 21
    Won 17 10
    Drawn 4 4
    Lost 3 7
    Win % 71% 48%
    Points/Points available 55/72 36/63

2. Log in to remove the advert

That makes painful reading...

Was our best midfielder last season (yes, better than Allan) and was great at the start of this, cant wait to have him back.

Interesting and thought-provoking stats. Thank you for compiling them.
    I do feel that we have missed McGeouch big time. Just as we have (simultaneously) missed Malonga.
    Fyvie is another who we have been deprived of and whose influence can't be under-estimated.
    But without question, I do feel that McGeouchs absence has impacted probably most.
    He is an engine and a vital cog.
    The quicker he gets back to full fitness and on top of his game the better for our promotion drive.

He's the energetic link between the midfield and the strikers and it's a great stat.

@hibs.net private member
    When is he due back?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is he due back?
    Two weeks I expect.

Dylan is our most vital player.

we have missed him a lot. I'm not one for stats but I do agree his absence has had an effect. I am really looking forward to him being ready for the cup final as he has a certain class that will worry our opponents.

He is good but I wouldn't read too much into them stats.

We are playing in the championship so should win most games. That majority of the team pre frebruary would of had similar

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He is good but I wouldn't read too much into them stats.

We are playing in the championship so should win most games. That majority of the team pre frebruary would of had similar
    do you mean would have?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mghibs View Post
    I have been discussing with fellow fans recently how much I think we miss Dylan's presence in matches and how I would be keen to investigate the stats. Now, having had some time (some would say far too much!) I have looked at games we have played, won, drawn and lost both with and without Dylan. I don't think it is fair to claim one player is instrumental to our season and I think our squad has put in a terrific shift, but still found the numbers interesting... thoughts?

With Without
    Played 24 21
    Won 17 10
    Drawn 4 4
    Lost 3 7
    Win % 71% 48%
    Points/Points available 55/72 36/63
    Beware the correlation versus causal relationship....
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    He maybe a great player who makes us tick but for me he does not play enough games. He's always injured. There's no point being the best player in the stand.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Need to bleed him back in slowly hopefully without further injury so he's fully fit for the playoffs

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Beware the correlation versus causal relationship....
    Agreed, I dont think he is the sole reason for our poor run, personally I think we have also missed Malonga's presence up front, but I do think he provides a great link from defence to attack. Often he sits just in front of the centre backs and demands the ball. Avoids the long aimless punts forward when the midfielders aren't offering themselves short.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He maybe a great player who makes us tick but for me he does not play enough games. He's always injured. There's no point being the best player in the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Need to bleed him back in slowly hopefully without further injury so he's fully fit for the playoffs
    He's fit just now

Quote Originally Posted by mghibs View Post
    Agreed, I dont think he is the sole reason for our poor run, personally I think we have also missed Malonga's presence up front, but I do think he provides a great link from defence to attack. Often he sits just in front of the centre backs and demands the ball. Avoids the long aimless punts forward when the midfielders aren't offering themselves short.
    Dylan drives the team forward and hunts the ball down when we don't have it. Fyvie does similar but slower, you notice on his return he at least tries to get us on the attack, it also showed our lack of width at times at Hampden, when he was looking to go wide and no one was there to pass to. I am a big fan of Henderson and McGinn but they just seem to overdo it at times. All four are still very young and it would be fantastic to have them all with us next year and fit!!

Having McGeough and Handling fit will be important for us in the run in.

They are both capable of playing that role that bridges the midfield and forwards with their energy. Dylan is the more accomplished at it but it would be good to get them both game time in the coming weeks.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I think he's a decent player, but I genuinely don't get comments stating he's our best player and that he was better than Allan last season. Based on this season's performance I wouldn't even rate him in our top three players. I can't remember him making an assist this season and never looks like scoring a goal. He's a neat, tidy player and does try to up the tempo, but I just don't see an end product from him.

Reading various threads on here I know I'm in the minority with my views on him, but given the chance of him or Scott Allan I'd take Allan back in a minute.