hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ref

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Ref

WTF were the ref and linesmen about tonight? Clueless throughout.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough wfortune's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Yeah, very bad. They were lucky to finished with 10 and the Cummings penalty not given was an absolute shocking decision.

Absolutely awful

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Rotten and despicable.

Every Hibs challenge was a free kick ..... he booked Bartley and then let a Falkirk player off with just free kick after a very similar tackle minutes later. The ref wasn't to blame for us blowing the game. But it says everything when he gave us a penalty sent a Falkirk player off and we can still honestly say he sucked

Left by mutual consent!
    One of the officials was a hearts season ticket holder a few years back. Not making accusations but thought I'd throw it in

Didn't understand why folk were so angered by the ref in first match v Caley T.

THIS was a game v hammer throwers and the ref let them away with it first half. Taiwo's not even a free kick, wtf.

And Cummings was well onside.

Many others too.

Shocking performance. Reckon he was told at half time because the second yellow and pen would've been surprising in any game, felt a bit like making amends.

Just heard that Stubbs spoke to the ref at half time, reckon it had an impact.

Shame the players didn't do enough to see it out.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The attack on Gray (presumably resulting in him going off) , not playing advantage when Boyle was through so as to give hibs a free-kick in our own half and not even book their boy and the booking which Mcginn did get for what looked least like a foul than anything all game all seemed a bit mad.

I'm not even convinced by the penalty we did get. At that point I changed my opinion from him being a cheat to simply being crap.
    Mon the Hibs.

Pathetic refereeing who failed to assert control of the thugs. Christ alone knows how they managed 10 men to stay on park, Miller should have walked too....

Gave our player's no protection whatsoever.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

The linesman on the east stand even put his flag up for offside when we were in their half with the ball

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    was that the same ref as the ICT home game? crawford allan?

The offside decisions from both linesmen were appalling. In most cases, there were Falkirk defenders clearly visible who were were playing us onside. The worst one was when Stokes played in Cummings in the second half. Falkirk right back was at least two yards goalside of the East Stand linesman and was right in front of me in the West Stand!!

I liked the moment when the linesman waited to see who picked the ball up first to award a throw in to. Could see the puzzled look on his face, comical

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    It felt like the ref was playing for Falkirk.Thought there should have been a red card earlier for Falkirk when it looked liked he he brought the hibs player down in goal scoring position when he was last man.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    One of the worst collective displays I've ever seen from officials. Brutal

West Stand linesman was also truly awful.

Constantly giving offside incorrectly in the first half, then 2nd half the number of times Falkirk were offside & he didn't put his flag up was unreal.

Also totally missed the challenge on Gray.

Really really poor

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    was that the same ref as the ICT home game? crawford allan?
    Yes

It was the worst performance I've ever seen from officials. Ref had no control and the lino constantly flagged for offside despite being about 20 yards behind play.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yeah, very bad. They were lucky to finished with 10 and the Cummings penalty not given was an absolute shocking decision.
    The hanlon pen in the first half was the most blatant I've ever seen.

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    absolutely brutal tonight!!!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Actually thought it was a bent performance. I think we get the rough end of the stick too many times from refs and some who inexplicably seem happy to do us over. Stubbs should start calling them out for it. Last three games we have been done over by shockers St Mirren, Alloa 2 wrong goals (3 points right there) and tonight.

Taiwo tacckle on Gray - red card or at least a second yellow
    Sibbald yellow
    Muirhead - red card when took out Stubbs not interested if not deemed to be last man
    Millar shocker on Bartley red at least yellow, then fouls Hanlon then McGregor, then fouls constantly then sets up equaliser you couldnt make it up

Would love to see the pictures for Stokes header to Cummings as to me and I was in FF Upper no way did it look offside
    Cummings stonewall pen defender took him out

Linesman West standside seemed to flag for everything first half then lost his flag at half time

Loads more incidents but the ones off the top of my head.

He was awful in the Inverness game and was miles worse last night. Falkirk got the perfect ref for them as they could foul with impunity and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    The offside decisions from both linesmen were appalling. In most cases, there were Falkirk defenders clearly visible who were were playing us onside. The worst one was when Stokes played in Cummings in the second half. Falkirk right back was at least two yards goalside of the East Stand linesman and was right in front of me in the West Stand!!
    Thats what I thought at the time was never offside, red card and pen. Would say kills the game but no doubt we would have blown it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    One of the officials was a hearts season ticket holder a few years back. Not making accusations but thought I'd throw it in
    Looked like they all were. Bent.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    It felt like the ref was playing for Falkirk.Thought there should have been a red card earlier for Falkirk when it looked liked he he brought the hibs player down in goal scoring position when he was last man.

That would be the assault on Stokes. Definite red card. I think that would be why Stubbs spoke to the referee during the half time period. Not as Houston says was to complain about penalties not given. Could have caused Stokes a serious injury. It was an intentional assault,was not a misjudged tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Pathetic refereeing who failed to assert control of the thugs. Christ alone knows how they managed 10 men to stay on park, Miller should have walked too....

Gave our player's no protection whatsoever.
    I was thinking at the time we are going to get a broken leg here and kind of glad Henderson wasnt on and they would have probably snapped him also.

First Team Regular
    The referee last night is the reason we have came away with a point having watched the highlights he has made some blatantly awful decisions that have to be investigated by the SFA. I expect the club to make a statement. “Hibs class” can do one, the decisions yesterday were nothing more than shocking, a few examples:

• Stokes brought down in first half is a straight red every time.
    • Cummings through on goal at start second half wasn’t offside
    • Cummings brought down in penalty area in full view of referee, nothing given
    • Lee Miller offside for chance – nothing given – Oxley saves well
    • No red card when Bartley is kicked in the face by Baird

These are decisions that have cost us dear and the club need to make their feelings clear. We have been robbed by a suspect referee and his two linesmen. I have never believed the conspiracy theories about referees but there is no explaining the decisions they have made yesterday and the examples above are only the ones from the highlights, there were much more! A shambles and the club must make it known!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    The Cummings penalty was stonewall btw. Watching on HibsTV, an absolute rediculous decision!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Penalty and red card and it was still the most biased and incompetent display from the officials that I have ever seen. In fact scrub that just biased. Blatant cheating. At one point the ball went out on the east stand side by a full two or three feet and the linesman never put his flag up. The pen was a stonewaller, they should have been down to nine men at least, stokes/Cummings never offside at start of 2nd half. There were numerous fouls that went unpunished for them and we get players booked for the softest stuff. Disgusting performance but one that I predicted on our bus going to the game. I said that no matter the result we would still come away talking about the ref. It's happening too often to us to be a coincidence.
    We need the club to talk about these things in the press for a change. Most other clubs do it and it seems to work for them