hibs.net Messageboard

Music/Announcements as crap as tonight's result

Is it just me or is anyone else sick fed up of the blasting out of non-hibs related tunes before the start of each half at the same time as the announcer is telling us to 'crank up the noise'...we would mate but we cannae hear ourselves think never mind sing over the blaring crap you keep playing!

Also, PLEASE stop thanking the away fans for attending the game...how soft are we?

Let's get some proper hibs tunes on...or even let us make our own noise...and stuff the away fans.

We are Hibernian FC- let's start showing it!

Not important in the grand scheme of chucking away a two goal lead with minutes left but annoys me every home game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Seeing as we've got nothing much left to moan about, how were the pies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick fed up of the blasting out of non-hibs related tunes before the start of each half at the same time as the announcer is telling us to 'crank up the noise'...we would mate but we cannae hear ourselves think never mind sing over the blaring crap you keep playing!

Also, PLEASE stop thanking the away fans for attending the game...how soft are we?

Let's get some proper hibs tunes on...or even let us make our own noise...and stuff the away fans.

Not important in the grand scheme of chucking away a two goal lead with minutes left but annoys me every home game.
    He posts on here so you may be able to moan directly...

The tannoy in the east is still crap - can't hear a word of what's being said.

Like the better food prices and quality - I will await till the one day it may be improved..

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Yes just you.

Hibs.net - getting to the real issues.

FWIW, the tap water was freezing too.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Imagine treating the away fans like human beings and thanking them for coming and paying our extortionate prices.

Cant believe folk are piling on the announcer guy, it's the fans fault as well mind, no the manager and players he's deemed good enough to win something for us....

I agree. When we approached the ground last night the cacophony sounded like a Billy Graham meeting was about to start. This is presumably geared to whipping up the fans into getting behind the team.

However when the product on the park is second rate all the hype begins to sound like mockery.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    I think you will find that Hibs Announcer has been on here and Twitter looking for suggestions for pre match and halftime music ideals. Also things like when we scored saying the players 1st name and crowd shout 2nd name etc etc, not sure he's at fault for volume too high/low...
    But everyone's entitled to their opinions...
    #moretoworryabout

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FFS this is the least of our worries atm is it not or less your noise sensitive ?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    He could cut the 'Lets make some noise' bowff. We all know it makes him sound like that **** over the road.

He is the least of our worries but he is absolutely brutal.

I've said previously- how did we manage to attend sports events 10 years ago and somehow manage to know when to cheer without someone telling us to do it?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ever since we started sitting in the West I've never been able to make out anything the announcer is saying.

Also think we shouldn't play music after we score. Let the fans make the noise.

I loved it, I was one of a few on twtter who suggested the song.

Tune.

@hibs.net private member

If we had a decent team/performance levels, this wouldn't even be discussed.

I wish they would stop with the ACDC pish.

Bring back teenage kicks

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyrob View Post
    If we had a decent team/performance levels, this wouldn't even be discussed.

Yes it would. Mainly because the PA system is crap and not suited to our announcers soprano type voice. By the way, is he the same chap who embarrased us all by playing a cheering crowd recording during the play off against Hamilton. I agree with the poster who does not want to be told to "make a noise".

Totally agree that a few minutes before kick off they should stop the music and let the fans crank up the noise.

He has disappointed me three different time this season for birthday requests.He replied three times saying no problem he would read them out but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I wish they would stop with the ACDC pish.
    Nah. Don't get to hear enough of it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Seeing as we've got nothing much left to moan about, how were the pies?
    Yesterday's - as usual.