hibs.net Messageboard

Still Positive About This Season

I expect victories against Falkirk on Tuesday and Dundee United at the weekend. I confidently expect us to lift the 'Scottish' and gain promotion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I am with you on this

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Scotty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am with you on this
    Do you mean the same drugs trip he is on

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I expect victories against Falkirk on Tuesday and Dundee United at the weekend. I confidently expect us to lift the 'Scottish' and gain promotion.
    A glass of what he's having please barman!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if Oxley is drafted into the Engerland squad for the Euros after singlehandedly keeping Celtic out in the Final.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    We might even get one of the wildcards to play in the Champions League next season.

There is the distinct possibility that Hibs will indeed beat both clubs.
    We are masters of going from abysmal to sublime performances in the "boot-of-a baw"
    I'm less convinced about lifting the Scottish cup than achieving promotion, though.

Their is a famous fitba team at Easter Road they play.
    I believe in a team called Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    No, mate, just no. Seriously, what are the chances?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I'll be along to support them on Tuesday and next Saturday.

End of.

It's already been the strangest season I can remember. Full of massive fixtures you didn't want to miss, the highs of beating the yams over two legs in the cup, that fantastic Wednesday night vs the sheep in the cup with the Malonga and Cummings wondergoals, beating five top flight teams, going all those games unbeaten, John McGinns wee bits of genius, the list goes on.

Then you think about the losses to Dumbarton twice and Alloa , the complete collapse post transfer window, dominating teams only to be caught again and again by the same kind of breakaway, the last minute defeat at Hampden robbing us of our first title for 9 years. Kids crying at the end.

And it's not even over! A semi-final against another club in crisis Dundee Utd and a potential data with Celtc or The Rangers at Hampden and another possible 3 playoff ties to negotiate before a possible but at the moment unlikely promotion.

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised either if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

2016/17 will be a 'memorable' season.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It's already been the strangest season I can remember. Full of massive fixtures you didn't want to miss, the highs of beating the yams over two legs in the cup, that fantastic Wednesday night vs the sheep in the cup with the Malonga and Cummings wondergoals, beating five top flight teams, going all those games unbeaten, John McGinns wee bits of genius, the list goes on.

Then you think about the losses to Dumbarton twice and Alloa , the complete collapse post transfer window, dominating teams only to be caught again and again by the same kind of breakaway, the last minute defeat at Hampden robbing us of our first title for 9 years. Kids crying at the end.

And it's not even over! A semi-final against another club in crisis Dundee Utd and a potential data with Celtc or The Rangers at Hampden and another possible 3 playoff ties to negotiate before a possible but at the moment unlikely promotion.

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

In the Championship, for that's where I fear we will be. I am seriously worried for the long term.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 09-04-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    As soon as I read the confidence on here I went straight to my bookies account and combined both Bobs confident predictions in a treble with hibs to win the grand national next year. Can't wait.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Even by our bipolar standards this season has been beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found our mojo, won the cup and got promoted. I wouldn't be surprised either if some sort of penalty shootout scenario was involved.

Memorable indeed!

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Think the players need to look in the mirror as to what is acceptable or not and lately we have fell short of what is required .
    We need strong characters in the dressing room to get the younger guys the help they need and try and get the confidence back

Left by mutual consent!
    Trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    Think the players need to look in the mirror as to what is acceptable or not and lately we have fell short of what is required .
    We need strong characters in the dressing room to get the younger guys the help they need and try and get the confidence back
    Very true . Not sure we have anyone like that in the squad . Looking back Sauzee ( obviously an extreme example given his class ) or McPake ( not a great player perhaps but a good leader ) are examples of players who helped others . In current squad you`d hope Thomson could help younger players especially midfielders ( that`s why he was signed isn`t it ? ) and Stokes younger strikers and no doubt they have . I think it`s one disadvantage of any club having a younger manager , that maybe a youngish manager does not want any player to have too much power in dressing room while an older manager doesn`t let any player have too much power ( not just in football ) .

Reading thread back and think this could become a historical thread on hibs.net . Started as a joke or at least something to lighten stress but will try to remember to post again when we win cup and / or get promoted .

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers Bob, I like pints of Peroni too. Mon the Hibs.
    " we've no won the the big cup since 2016"

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Aye, it will be indelibly stamped on our minds for years to come one way or the other.

Think we will lose to Falkirk (prepare for an Internet meltdown) and beat Dun Utd.

Aye, it's been unforgettable in a variety of ways. Won **** all and making exceptionally heavy weather of finishing above Falkirk and Raith Rovers in Scotland's 2nd tier with another gutting Hampden defeat thrown in for banter.

More of the same please LD and Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Aye, it's been unforgettable in a variety of ways. Won **** all and making exceptionally heavy weather of finishing above Falkirk and Raith Rovers in Scotland's 2nd tier with another gutting Hampden defeat thrown in for banter.

More of the same please LD and Stubbs.
    Still a long way to go . Could finish below Falkirk and Raith and still be promoted or beat Dundee United then lose final . Exciting times ahead .

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Still a long way to go . Could finish below Falkirk and Raith and still be promoted or beat Dundee United then lose final . Exciting times ahead .
    Certainly are exciting times, we should try and do this every year.

In my lifetime we usually manage to plunge from positions of relative comfort or the possibility of actually winning something. Our falls tend to be spectacular and hard to comprehend. The latest 5 or 6 year slump could be defined as the most exciting then.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby