hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar

When Scottish Football Died in 2012

Sorry if it's been posted before but I thought it was interesting, the reason I'm sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting reading and not the Armageddon that was predicted. Good find👍

Quote Originally Posted by s2hart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry if it's been posted before but I thought it was interesting, the reason I'm sharing.
    Interesting but i'm not sure it's 100% correct. Not sure if when the old rangers were in the SPL that celtic won 6 out of their 7 league titles before the split.

It's certainly not been the nightmare that useless cant Doncaster predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Interesting reading and not the Armageddon that was predicted. Good find
    It's cherry picking to say the least. Armageddon was a dumb remark to come out with but our game is far from in rude health. Celtic and Dundee United both had to sell and both ended up with weaker squads as a result. Standards in the top league have slipped over the past few years and genuine competition at the top end without Rangers really didn't happen. Opportunity missed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's cherry picking to say the least. Armageddon was a dumb remark to come out with but our game is far from in rude health. Celtic and Dundee United both had to sell and both ended up with weaker squads as a result. Standards in the top league have slipped over the past few years and genuine competition at the top end without Rangers really didn't happen. Opportunity missed.
    You right in every point you make, the game in Scotland at all levels is poor and in the top league it's a competion with no real competitiveness. There was an opportunity to improve things but those in charge were happy to mark time until rangers were back in the top league and normal service could be resumed. Frankly I don't think any club in Scotland really tried to change things and I include Hibs in that failure.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    all true, but not due to Rangers being killed off by their owners. Scottish football has been in a bad way for some time. Both Dundee and Celtic sold because of their owners lack of foresight (or greed). Thomson had his play thing in Australia, and declining supporters at Celtic (and nowhere else?) has only proven that Celtic and Rangers only need each other.

Armageddon on the other hand, would be a direct consequence of Rangers being killed off, and while it might not be uber-competitive SPL and shining example of how a league should be run over the past 4 years, its been better than the proceeding 4.

Obviously it would have been better with Hibs and Hearts in the league too but that's bad timing, certainly on our part.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Did we not die in 2012 as well?