hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not good enough

Not good enough

4 games in a row without a win in this ****ty league is nowhere near good enough. With Falkirk dropping points today its another opportunity missed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    not good enough. I expect much more.

I wish it was only 4 games without a win, those were the good days

How can he think a diamond with Boyle on the right is a good idea. Baffling.

We need width and pace.

We rely too much on a perfect pass to put us through.

Get the balls whipped into the box

It's an appalling run of results, and I hadn't realised how close Raith are behind us as well, I can't understand how what looks a decent squad for this league, has been so poor.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We need width and pace.

A straight forward 4-4-2 with bloody width and pace is good enough for this league, stick your fancy ****in formations Stubbs and get us up by playing a system we have the ****in players for.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

We need width and pace.

Is that what it was? (I wasn't at the game so I was wondering how they lined up).

Utterly bizarre.

Stubbs faith/ stubbornness with the diamond and his persistence in squeezing strikers into it may prove to be our undoing this season.

We need to rotate the squad over the course of the next month - I want to see changes in personnel, formation and tactics for the next game.

Some other results have fortunately gone our way but I did not see much improvement (if any) from the previous games, absolutely dire after going behind. St mirren were never under any pressure apart from the goals.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySeven7 View Post
    4 games in a row without a win in this ****ty league is nowhere near good enough. With Falkirk dropping points today its another opportunity missed.
    5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    A straight forward 4-4-2 with bloody width and pace is good enough for this league, stick your fancy ****in formations Stubbs and get us up by playing a system we have the ****in players for.
    That's exactly what we're doing. Boyle is pretty much the only natural winger we have (and even then he probably prefers to play striker) so we play a wingerless formation

We've transformed from a team challenging for the league to a bog standard Championship side.

How on earth did this happen?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    It's an appalling run of results, and I hadn't realised how close Raith are behind us as well, I can't understand how what looks a decent squad for this league, has been so poor.
    Looking at the team today it seems that Stubbs has one way of playing and one way only.
    Opposing managers are not daft and have sussed out a way to stop hibs playing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    That's exactly what we're doing. Boyle is pretty much the only natural winger we have (and even then he probably prefers to play striker) so we play a wingerless formation
    Though in two years we could have clicked and brought in some more pace and delivery in wide areas?

We are doing what Fenlon was criticised for when we were in a much higher position - playing midfielders in various positions that ill suited them and hope your strikers get you the odd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Though in two years we could have clicked and brought in some more pace and delivery in wide areas?

We are doing what Fenlon was criticised for when we were in a much higher position - playing midfielders in various positions that ill suited them and hope your strikers get you the odd goal.
    Fenlon's football, Butcher's results.

Even me, normally one of the optimistic Hibs fans, is beginning to despair at our performances - nobody seems able to beat a man.

And..... Back to Pat!!!! 😩🔫

Undefeated in one though 😃😃

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    And..... Back to Pat!!!! 
    Well if you're offering...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Lose the semi and the section of the support who are still firmly behind him will also start to have second thoughts.

After our early season promise, the position we now find ourselves in, 3rd in the table, well off Falkirk and looking over our shoulders at Raith ****ing Rovers is nothing sort of shambolic considering the resources we have at out disposal compared to the sides who are taking points off us on a weekly basis and for that, one man carries the can. Stubbs and his baffling tactics and team selections and his inability to change a game with substitutions has been found out big time.

Make no mistake he needs results and fast, or he'll rightly be oot the door.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Well if you're offering...
    No thanks.

Is it not no win in 6 in the league? Drew with Livingston too.

Rangers aren't exactly flying.

Makes you wonder where we would be if we kept our bottle.

One-trick-ponies and the manager has no Plan B. We are sadly a mirror-image of the current toothless Everton side. We don't create enough, we don't score enough and we seem to look to protect a 1:0 lead 'a-la-Miller', which is not good enough. A third season down is beckoning and that's not good enough - there have been improvements at the club since Leeann arrived, but sadly these are not being translated into on-field results - the club has committed significant funds to the squad, sadly the manager is not utilising these to gain the required results. We need to ask 'what would another manager do with these resources?' Sadly, I would suspect much more, and probably proven by Falkirk, who operate on a much-reduced budget? Another season down here is not at all appealing and I doubt I will renew my season-ticket, sorry!

No, we're not. Yes I agree we need more pacy and direct wide men but none of our midfielders are being played out of position, that's the whole point of the diamond

It's not good enough. 5 games without a win in the Premiership would have people asking questions, it's hardly a shocker it's provoking an angry reaction in the Championship.

If people want to pretend all is fine then that's up to them but it's ignoring all the evidence that has been put in front of us for the last 2 or 3 months (with the odd exception).
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Lose the semi and the section of the support who are still firmly behind him will also start to have second thoughts.

After our early season promise, the position we now find ourselves in, 3rd in the table, well off Falkirk and looking over our shoulders at Raith ****ing Rovers is nothing sort of shambolic considering the resources we have at out disposal compared to the sides who are taking points off us on a weekly basis and for that, one man carries the can. Stubbs and his baffling tactics and team selections and his inability to change a game with substitutions has been found out big time.

Make no mistake he needs results and fast, or he'll rightly be oot the door.
    Exactly. As I said on another thread, loosing to teams like Morton, Dumbarton, Raith etc is not acceptable. Hearts last year and the huns this year were beating these teams with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's not good enough. 5 games without a win in the Premiership would have people asking questions, it's hardly a shocker it's provoking an angry reaction in the Championship.

If people want to pretend all is fine then that's up to them but it's ignoring all the evidence that has been put in front of us for the last 2 or 3 months (with the odd exception).
    I'm the biggest happy clapper you'll see. I probably don't take football as serious as some people but even I'm finding it hard not to get annoyed at this shocking form against some ganting football teams

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Looking at the team today it seems that Stubbs has one way of playing and one way only.
    Opposing managers are not daft and have sussed out a way to stop hibs playing.
    That's sounds about right - serious questions for the management team.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    One-trick-ponies and the manager has no Plan B. We are sadly a mirror-image of the current toothless Everton side. We don't create enough, we don't score enough and we seem to look to protect a 1:0 lead 'a-la-Miller', which is not good enough. A third season down is beckoning and that's not good enough - there have been improvements at the club since Leeann arrived, but sadly these are not being translated into on-field results - the club has committed significant funds to the squad, sadly the manager is not utilising these to gain the required results. We need to ask 'what would another manager do with these resources?' Sadly, I would suspect much more, and probably proven by Falkirk, who operate on a much-reduced budget? Another season down here is not at all appealing and I doubt I will renew my season-ticket, sorry!
    Like Everton we take too long in getting the ball forward. Teams don't have to worry about getting back in a hurry as they know we like to move it around slowly. It just allows teams to get more bodies back when we are on the attack. There is nothing direct about us. I don't mean hoofing it forward but looking for that direct defence splitting pass. It doesn't happen. Pace on the wing is what works in this league.

Increasingly alarmed at Stubbs inability to adapt a formation accordingly.
    Last edited by Baader; 02-04-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

If anyone thinks that 5 games without a win in this league is acceptable or not anything to worry about then that is seriously worrying and shows they are happy to accept being a mediocre team in a ***** league. The resources we have and the players we have compared to other teams in this league, we should be beating teams like St Mirren etc comfortably.

Its nowhere near acceptable.

If anyone thinks that 5 games without a win in this league is acceptable or not anything to worry about then that is seriously worrying and shows they are happy to accept being a mediocre team in a ***** league. The resources we have and the players we have compared to other teams in this league, we should be beating teams like St Mirren etc comfortably.

Its nowhere near acceptable.
    I don't think anyone is happy with how the 5 games have gone.