hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stevenson in the Scotsman

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...reak-1-4077674

Decent wee read and can understand what he means.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...reak-1-4077674

Decent wee read and can understand what he means.
    Spot on. A wee break to recharge engine batteries will do good. I was shocked at the state of the Raith pitch which did not help a team that likes to pass the ball on the ground. It was very bumpy and did not help the team to play the game as it should be with it probably being extra heavy on already tired legs. Wee Lewis talks a lot of sense. A good article by the Scotsman.

[QUOTE=J

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.

[QUOTE=mmmmhibby;4627743][QUOTE=J

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.[/QUOTE]

Your name sums you up, mmmmmm.maybe a hibby or not.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=J-C;4627827]
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.
    Who do you suggest replaces him?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Who do you suggest replaces him?
    It is surprising we havent got an obvious replacement for that position IMO. Lewis has a tremendous appetite and energy however his final ball is regularly poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Lewis is a solid left back who bursts a gut for hibs every time he wears the shirt. He does not however have the skills necessary to play in that wide role within the diamond formation that Stubbs asks of him.

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.[/QUOTE]

????????????????
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

A tad harsh. There's others in the team that need benched before Stevenson. Cummings being one and oxley being another. Just my opinion.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Get a better left back then we can think about benching him. It's surely not that difficult.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Play a flat back 4 and Stevenson is the first name on the sheet, what he's not is a marauding wing back mainly because his crosses are not the best and he normally turns inside and pushes the game narrow.

We dont have sufficient quality from either wide players to benefit from this ploy.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Salt N Sauzee;4627831]

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.
    Grown men could be a bit of an assumption here ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Play a flat back 4 and Stevenson is the first name on the sheet, what he's not is a marauding wing back mainly because his crosses are not the best and he normally turns inside and pushes the game narrow.

We dont have sufficient quality from either wide players to benefit from this ploy.
    Wide men must get to the bye line-ours don't do it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It is surprising we havent got an obvious replacement for that position IMO. Lewis has a tremendous appetite and energy however his final ball is regularly poor.
    It isn't that surprising, Lewis has been very good and not been injured since Stubbs came in, it makes sense to focus on other areas.

[QUOTESalt N Sauzee;

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.[/QUOTE]

1st chance some people get to have a dig at either players or the team and out they come with their nasty snide remarks, don't have to be a grown man or a wee kid to get fed up with so much negativity on here.

The thread was posted as I thought it was a good wee insight into what may be going on behind closed doors at ER and hopefully the break will do them the world of good, the last thing it needed was for someone to come on and have a go at Stevenson, uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Fully agree, Lewis is a good solid defensive fullback, play him as such and use natural attacking wide men for width.

[QUOTE=J-C;4627827]

A Hibby till I die . Having a different opinion from yourself doesn't justify your instant assumption of me being a Yam....cringe!!!

[QUOTESalt N Sauzee;

1st chance some people get to have a dig at either players or the team and out they come with their nasty snide remarks, don't have to be a grown man or a wee kid to get fed up with so much negativity on here.

The thread was posted as I thought it was a good wee insight into what may be going on behind closed doors at ER and hopefully the break will do them the world of good, the last thing it needed was for someone to come on and have a go at Stevenson, uncalled for.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you there!

You started the thread to let us know of the article in the Scotsman you thought was interesting.

Then it turns into another Lewis witch hunt. As another poster says, there are more players than Lewis needing benched for a rest!

We have still got so much to play for this season and need to put the negativity aside and concentrate on whats ahead. If we dont there will be nothing ahead and then all the doubters and moaners can have their day.

Lets get over this slump before slating of individual players yet again!

I think a very significant part of the article was the following part:

He (Stevenson) went further: the problems went back some way and had been masked by results (I'm assuming he meant mainly cup results?). "I don't think we've been playing well going back to Christmas. This (slump) has been a while coming and to be honest we need to get out of it quick."

My question is simply this. Why has this squad, widely thought of as being one of the strongest in the Championship, and the equal of many in the Premier Division, not been playing well going back to Christmas?

He (Stevenson) doesn't say, and the journalist doesn't ask.

Left by mutual consent!

You sound so 'threatening' towards wee Lewis, what has he done to you to make you hate him so much. You don't say he's a poor player or make any good points as to why you seem to detest him?

Poor wee Lewis.

[QUOTE=doddsy;4628040]

You sound so 'threatening' towards wee Lewis, what has he done to you to make you hate him so much. You don't say he's a poor player or make any good points as to why you seem to detest him?

Poor wee Lewis.
    What!!!! I expressed an opinion that he needs to be benched, now you have me wanna lynch the guy.....Jesus Wept.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I think a very significant part of the article was the following part:

He (Stevenson) went further: the problems went back some way and had been masked by results (I'm assuming he meant mainly cup results?). "I don't think we've been playing well going back to Christmas. This (slump) has been a while coming and to be honest we need to get out of it quick."

My question is simply this. Why has this squad, widely thought of as being one of the strongest in the Championship, and the equal of many in the Premier Division, not been playing well going back to Christmas?

He (Stevenson) doesn't say, and the journalist doesn't ask.

I think the worrying thing here is it looks like the players and even now the manager ( going by his after match interview ) have struggled to find the answers, fingers crossed this break helps.

I think the worrying thing here is it looks like the players and even now the manager ( going by his after match interview ) have struggled to find the answers, fingers crossed this break helps.
    I hope the break helps too. It's vital the coaching staff, and the players, get to grips with whatever the problem is (or problems are), and sort it out immediately. Time is not on their side now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    And yet he has the same number of assists this season as David Gray.
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=mmmmhibby;4628042]
    Quote Originally Posted by doddsy View Post

What!!!! I expressed an opinion that he needs to be benched, now you have me wanna lynch the guy.....Jesus Wept.

It was kind of tounge in cheek, apologies if I wound you up a wee bit bud.
    Last edited by doddsy; 21-03-2016 at 08:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    And yet he has the same number of assists this season as David Gray.
    They both struggle though and it does seem we use the left hand side more than the right. I genuinely think teams allow us to have the ball out left cos of our lack of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I hope the break helps too. It's vital the coaching staff, and the players, get to grips with whatever the problem is (or problems are), and sort it out immediately. Time is not on their side now unfortunately.
    Especially when we have nine matches to play during April.

Left by mutual consent!
    Jeez a witch hunt one person thinks he is off form all the rest on here think Lewis is fine including me.

IMO I think some of the comments about what people post is the only thing over the top on Hibs.net of late. I disagree with mmmmmhibs but do not think he hates or detests LS.

Anyway back on point, LS has been a good servant to club and hopefully after break we can get back to winning ways.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Jeez a witch hunt one person thinks he is off form all the rest on here think Lewis is fine including me.

IMO I think some of the comments about what people post is the only thing over the top on Hibs.net of late. I disagree with mmmmmhibs but do not think he hates or detests LS.

Anyway back on point, LS has been a good servant to club and hopefully after break we can get back to winning ways.
    I take it you're referring to the tongue in cheek comments I made about mmmmmmmhibs comments about hating wee lewy. I did say later I was winding him up a bit. lighten up.