hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

To Anyone Who Wants To Get Rid Of Stubbs

I understand we are all suffering at the moment and 4 losses on the trot in this pishy league is unacceptable.

However please think back to where we've been :-

Williamson
    Calderwood
    Fenlon
    Butcher

The players have let themselves and Stubbsy down badly recently with dreadful individual mistakes. Sometimes a manager cannot legislate for that. Seeing his interview last night I think Stubbs will address this by making needed changes.

Don't get me wrong, the players and manager deserve flak (they've had plenty praise after all). However We need to all stick together.

In Stubbsy We Trust

HIBS TILL WE DIE

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Stubbs picks the team, sets the tactics, refuses to change said tactics and fails miserably to make effective, timely substitutions.

I fall just about short of calling for his head but I can certainly understand why some folk might.

Third in this division, having lost more games than the Huns & Falkirk combined, is simply not good enough.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He definitely has until the end of the season. After that, the jury's out.

However, I really can't see who we can bring in to replace him without going dangerously close to the "old guard" of Scottish hoofball merchants.

I have only seen a couple of people call for Stubbs to go now.

Most have pointed out that depending on how we go between now and the end of the season there may well be a discussion to be had and I struggle to disagree.

A vast, vast majority gave Stubbs the benefit of the doubt last season as there was a realisation of what he had inherited, the timescale he had to work to and the unique challenges we faced in the league. If many of the same failings costs us this year then again I fail to see how Stubbs future isn't up for debate irrespective of how bad some of his predecessors have been. I accept there are mitigating factors but the same people arguing we are tired or sttuggling with injuries now where only a few short weeks ago telling anyone who would listen we had the 4th or 5th best squad in the entire country.

A 3rd season in this league is, in footballing terms, a disaster for us. As far as I'm concerned Stubbs has however many games we have left this season to relieve the pressure on himself. Replacing him would be a risk but, in my opinion, no more so than giving him a 3rd crack at this league considering that thus far this season our performance has regressed slightly compared to last.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He definitely has until the end of the season. After that, the jury's out.

However, I really can't see who we can bring in to replace him without going dangerously close to the "old guard" of Scottish hoofball merchants.
    I agree. Stubbs has changed the club and we seem to be miles away from where we were, off the park at least. The thought of having to replace Stubbs does scare me, however, it seems that the style we are currently using of pissing about passing around is not working. As much as I can't stand the welt, one of the "old guard" hoof ball meechants is above us in the league. Is that the way to go? I don't know but we need something.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I think I have only seen one serious poster saying they wanted rid of Stubbs.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent!
    Crikey by jings. Football fans can be so fickle, just a few weeks ago the atmosphere was electric on here with so many happy hi bees. Take the good with the bad. Okay we've had a few bad games recently but Stubbsy is still the man for me, I was'nt even thinking others would want to replace him until reading some of the stuff on here. Still not as bad as the Jambos who want to get rid of Neilson when he's got them up to third in the SPL.

I hope Stubbsie is here for many a year.

i think we will scrape throught the play offs and get prromoted however if we dont id give stubbs til next christmas

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I think I have only seen one serious poster saying they wanted rid of Stubbs.
    I've read 5 who said he should go.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I've read 5 who said he should go.
    I did say serious posters .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by doddsy View Post
    Crikey by jings. Football fans can be so fickle, just a few weeks ago the atmosphere was electric on here with so many happy hi bees. Take the good with the bad. Okay we've had a few bad games recently but Stubbsy is still the man for me, I was'nt even thinking others would want to replace him until reading some of the stuff on here. Still not as bad as the Jambos who want to get rid of Neilson when he's got them up to third in the SPL.

I hope Stubbsie is here for many a year.

This. 👍🏻

Regrettably some .netters have Stubbs on trial until the end of the season. 🙄

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely needs until the end of the season but failure to gain promotion and the board should very seriously consider his future. A Scottish Cup win would also help him massively!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If we dont go up, then his time is up.

There was a very foolish "Should Stubbs Go" poll on Twitter last night (that I tried to get the originator to delete).

I just wanted to remind people of where we've come from very recently. Stubbs is by far the best manager we've had in recent times.

I have faith in Stubbs to rectify this worrying trend of shocking results.

To Anyone Who Wants To Get Rid Of Stubbs

I think he is the right man despite the last four weeks results. He has my support.

At Easter Road we play...

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Disagree. Opinions and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Disagree. Opinions and all that.
    No problem, i will disagree with you on him being one of the best managers we've had in recent times, until such times as he's actually got us up and challenging for Europe in the top division, all he will be is a manager who's won a few cup games and done very average in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    This. 👍🏻

Regrettably some .netters have Stubbs on trial until the end of the season. 🙄
    I desperately want Stubbs to succeed and think sacking him now would be crazy. But he's under a bit of pressure now as it's the worst run of results (taking the opposition into consideration) in my time supporting the team. We have played decent football but that has dried up recently and frankly, even at the top of our game we haven't been sweeping many teams away. We are one of the biggest teams in Scotland and our expectations should match that. 3 years (minimum) in this division is devastating for us and the longer were down here the less likely to get back up. Fans will drift away and we'll be a less attractive option for new signings. At a certain point we are no longer an SPL club in a lower league, we're a Championship team. 3 years in this division and I think we're clearly the later

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I desperately want Stubbs to succeed and think sacking him now would be crazy. But he's under a bit of pressure now as it's the worst run of results (taking the opposition into consideration) in my time supporting the team. We have played decent football but that has dried up recently and frankly, even at the top of our game we haven't been sweeping many teams away. We are one of the biggest teams in Scotland and our expectations should match that. 3 years (minimum) in this division is devastating for us and the longer were down here the less likely to get back up. Fans will drift away and we'll be a less attractive option for new signings. At a certain point we are no longer an SPL club in a lower league, we're a Championship team. 3 years in this division and I think we're clearly the later
    Post wasn't very clear there, we've obviously been down here 2 seasons but I'm talking if come summer we fail to get promoted and the board are considering there options

Left by mutual consent!
    You don't mince your words Sir. I disagree but you are of course entitled to your point of view. It seems the worm turns quickly, just a few weeks ago we were riding the crest of a wave.

To sack him now would be complete and total lunacy. Usual suspects calling for it though. If we don't get promoted or win a trophy I think it will be time for change though.

Quote Originally Posted by doddsy View Post
    You don't mince your words Sir. I disagree but you are of course entitled to your point of view. It seems the worm turns quickly, just a few weeks ago we were riding the crest of a wave.

Again, no worries.

Left by mutual consent!
    A lot of supporters have been congratulating the club in moving forward since the appointment of Dempster and Stubbs. If I'm being brutally honest, I've not seen much improvement on the field of play since both were appointed.

Other than a few well worded press releases, the club hasn't moved forward in the best part of two seasons.

Should Stubbs go? If he can't put out a team to beat the likes of Dumbarton and Livingston then there's something wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Alan has turned the club around as a positive and my concern would be the players not playing for another manager BUT if we don't go up this season, and I would sacrifice the Scottish cup Semi for this, if we don't get promoted then we would have to replace him with a manager with a track record of promotion. Stubbs, like Mowbray is a massive gamble and it's paid off in some areas apart from the main objective. I would rather have a tosser manager like Billy Davies that knows how to prepare a team to win than a nice manager who doesn't get the job done.

'S' Form
    Utterly utterly ridiculous even suggesting "getting rid of Stubbs", this concept should have no traction with Hibs fans.

If there are "fans" out there who think this is an option, they obviously haven't been going to games on a regular basis over a prolonged period of time!

Stop please stop it!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.
    **** knows what type of thrill they get from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Alan has turned the club around as a positive and my concern would be the players not playing for another manager BUT if we don't go up this season, and I would sacrifice the Scottish cup Semi for this, if we don't get promoted then we would have to replace him with a manager with a track record of promotion. Stubbs, like Mowbray is a massive gamble and it's paid off in some areas apart from the main objective. I would rather have a tosser manager like Billy Davies that knows how to prepare a team to win than a nice manager who doesn't get the job done.
    Exactly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.
    **** knows what type of thrill they get from it.

What about the ones that get ran down for having a worrying point of view? Are they posters any better? We are in a serious situation at the moment.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I would suggest that Stubbs knows that for himself. I don't envisage him ever being sacked, but more leaving on his own terms whether that means to another job or whatever.

Left by mutual consent!
    Again, no worries.

The world would be a worse place Sir without honest debate, well made arguments and point of view.