hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

League reconstruction our only hope

Not just this year but next year too with Dundee Utd likely to come down and probably dominate the championship.
    I've never subscribed to the bottle theory but always thought we never consistently carried any luck.
    Some of the goals we've conceded recently continue this trend and when you factor in too many mediocre players you end up on the downward spiral we are witnessing.
    A late season spiral similar to our last year in the top league where apart from scrambling a home point v Thistle we completely imploded right up to conceding the late equaliser v Hamilton.
    Looks like we will be playing Raith in the first play off game if we win that I can't see us coping with the energy, movement and pace of Falkirk never mind negotiating a third tie against the 2nd last SPL side.
    I really like AS and want him to succeed however looks like this season is going to be typical Hibs, promising so much but fizzling out in the end.
    Last edited by Agnes Gordon; 20-03-2016 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Log in to remove the advert

Won't happen Rangers are back up there.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Won't happen Rangers are back up there.

Probably agree apart from your use of the word back

We have no chance next year. Dundee Utd have had a year to prepare for this. That's how it works isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnes Gordon View Post
    Not just this year but next year too with Dundee Utd likely to come down and probably dominate the championship.
    I've never subscribed to the bottle theory but always thought we never consistently carried any luck.
    Some of the goals we've conceded recently continue this trend and when you factor in too many mediocre players you end up on the downward spiral we are witnessing.
    A late season spiral similar to our last year in the top league where apart from scrambling a home point v Thistle we completely imploded right up to conceding the late equaliser v Hamilton.
    Looks like we will be playing Raith in the first play off game if we win that I can't see us coping with the energy, movement and pace of Falkirk never mind negotiating a third tie against the 2nd last SPL side.
    I really like AS and want him to succeed however looks like this season is going to be typical Hibs, promising so much but fizzling out in the end.
    Jesus go back to bed Agnes.

'League reconstruction out only hope'

'Dundee United likely to come down and dominate the championship'

Have a word.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post

Have a word.
    Will I wake up and find the last few a weeks have been a bad dream Keith?

@hibs.net private member
    We have had a terrible run of league games, there's no denying that but why are people just giving up??!

The play offs are a mini knock out tournament, our cup runs this season give me hope for the play offs.

I hope after this short break the squad have a lot more fight in them than some fans in this board! The defeatist chat is bollocks, we fight on for crying out loud. Both promotion and the holy grail are still achievable, but we all need some backbone for the battle.

People need to stop throwing the towel in 9 rounds into a 12 round fight!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post

Have a word.
    Its a fair post KTH a lot of people will agree with it. We are in freefall in tge league no doubt about that and when I left the ground yesterday I kept thinking about the latter part of last season. Personally howevee In tge eternak optimist and think we'll win the play offs but I certainly wouldn't knock Agnes's post

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry for the spelling - predictive text for you!!

First Team Regular

League reconstruction is unnecessary as the Bigot Twins will be satisfying our television masters next season.Everything is now perfect. You should know by now that Scottish professional football exists only for two Glasgow clubs,the remaining forty are only a nuisance.
    Substantial numbers of supporters want a bigger top league. It won't happen because Doncaster et al have more consideration for Sky/BT subscribers than mugs like me who pay to get into football grounds.
    Leeann Dempster in a recent interview stated the current set up as being her preference.
    So,in the meantime somebody has to give Stubbs a big kick up the backside to ensure we win our remain league games. Winning games is the only available solution.

Our 'only hope'?

Left by mutual consent!
    Will I wake up and find the last few a weeks have been a bad dream Keith?
    You'll have to man up mate, just like the team.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Hibs stay down and Dundee Utd romp the Championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Would not surprise me in the slightest if Hibs stay down and Dundee Utd romp the Championship next season.
    I think they will struggle financially to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    League reconstruction is unnecessary as the Bigot Twins will be satisfying our television masters next season.Everything is now perfect. You should know by now that Scottish professional football exists only for two Glasgow clubs,the remaining forty are only a nuisance.
    Substantial numbers of supporters want a bigger top league. It won't happen because Doncaster et al have more consideration for Sky/BT subscribers than mugs like me who pay to get into football grounds.
    Leeann Dempster in a recent interview stated the current set up as being her preference.
    So,in the meantime somebody has to give Stubbs a big kick up the backside to ensure we win our remain league games. Winning games is the only available solution.
    Hopefully she was speaking for herself and not on behalf of the club when she said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I'm not too sure we are all too great in that department either.

A cup final appearance could be our big hope for maintaining ST sales at current level as there would be opportunity for an incentive, walk ups will fall, parachute payments are gone, a 3rd season of decreased TV revenue and we have a squad that had quite a bit of cash chucked at it this season.

The cup runs will offset some of that in the short term but the belt will meed to be tightened. We need to drag ourselves up this season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Hopefully she was speaking for herself and not on behalf of the club when she said it.

The interview was in the Glasgow Herald. Cannot clarify if it was her or the clubs opinion.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Our 'only hope'?
    Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.

Coaching Staff
    Another thread with a distinctive whiff about it

Blog Entries
    I think there's more chance of us winning the cup or getting promotion from the playoffs than there is of reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Our 'only hope'?
    No........There is another

League reconstruction isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not too sure we are all too great in that department either.

A cup final appearance could be our big hope for maintaining ST sales at current level as there would be opportunity for an incentive, walk ups will fall, parachute payments are gone, a 3rd season of decreased TV revenue and we have a squad that had quite a bit of cash chucked at it this season.

The cup runs will offset some of that in the short term but the belt will meed to be tightened. We need to drag ourselves up this season.
    I think the share issue and HSL are our saving grace just now but season ticket sales will be key.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    No........There is another

League reconstruction isn't happening.
    A New Hope?

Let's hope the Hibs force awakens and the evil empire doesn't strike back.

Coat etc.

Wrong. We could also win some football matches.

@hibs.net private member
    We're in the playoffs. Even though it's unlikely we will win them, there's still hope we can.

Dundee Utd won't dominate anything next season.

What an awful attitude. To compare this season's recent run to the late January to May slump under Butcher is a tad OTT.
    What makes you think Dundee United would be in a position to "dominate" next season in any case - whether we are there or not?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Another thread with a distinctive whiff about it
    Reads like Richard Gordon's rehearsing his Hibs kicking speech for after the play offs are finished.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Wrong. We could also win some football matches.

This.

C'mon folks, we've had more than our fair share of knocks in recent times but now, more than ever, is the time to get behind the team and show our support. Let's not forget that when we 'play' the outcome has resulted in some very memorable wins. The cup runs cannot be viewed as a negative as they've, in the main, produced some great memories.

I genuinely believe we will make it through the play offs, will make the SC final (the outcome of which will lie in the lap of the gods) and will personally be giving my all in support of the team in the hope that they will deliver the results.

Call me naive if you will but don't forget, we're all on the same side looking to achieve the same objectives.

Teams seem to be getting a run of the ball against us lately.We've made the initial mistake but made it worse by getting unlucky (rick-o-shays) to set up taps ins.
    No sure what our ratio to shot and goals is?
    Guess
    Hibs shots 56 goals 6
    Away shots 8 goals 9

I'll take our luck in the Scottish cup thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Did Dundee Utd not make a profit off £2M in their last accounts, also a Scottish Cup Semi, possible final. I think they will be in a better financial position than us. Also, they will invest heavily to get back up first time, assuming they go down.