hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Virtanen start today?

I say yes, he needs game time in the run up to the semi and I don't think Oxley has been in the greatest of form recently. Cue the "Oxleymoron" patter.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    No

No ****ing way. We go with Oxley. Yet another thread having a dig out our first choice keeper. It's getting boring now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No ****ing way. We go with Oxley. Yet another thread having a dig out our first choice keeper. It's getting boring now.
    I don't like to see Oxley bashing. In this instance though, I do think that it's a fair question.

Stubbs will have to consider giving him a game before the semi final.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    No way maybe sometime if we are goals up but otherwise no way.potential for destroying keepers confidence is likely against the likes of raith. Plenty of u21 games and maybe a game some point in the month let's not forget league if priority

Right take away the fact that I said I don't think he is in the greatest form. Do we just keep playing Oxley and then chuck Virtinen into the semi? When is the right time to start playing him?

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Stubbs will know best. He's seen them at training, we haven't.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    I say yes, he needs game time in the run up to the semi and I don't think Oxley has been in the greatest of form recently. Cue the "Oxleymoron" patter.

GGTTH
    No danger. We lpay our best team to get us out of the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Right take away the fact that I said I don't think he is in the greatest form. Do we just keep playing Oxley and then chuck Virtinen into the semi? When is the right time to start playing him?
    Semi final.

Need to think of a witty nickname now for the posters who go utterly radge at even any hint of criticism of 'our first choice goalie'!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Need to think of a witty nickname now for the posters who go utterly radge at even any hint of criticism of 'our first choice goalie'!
    How about "fans"?

I'm not sure it's oxley bashing in this case, because we do need to give Virtanen games before the semi, both for him and for the defence to get used to his style.

To answer the op, no. This is a game for the tried and tested defence. There are a few games that he should be able to slot into though, Alloa stands out as a good shout, and possibly livingston too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    How about "fans"?
    Aye, right you are.

I think he's awful but have never abused him at a game. What am I then?

I think the OP has already provided one.
    I'm far from going radge, I don't take this place seriously enough for that.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Aye, right you are.

I think he's awful but have never abused him at a game. What am I then?

Someone with a different opinion than others, nothing wrong with that. I think he's been howling and gave him stick at Dumbarton for his superman holwer. What does that make me?

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    It's impossible to say having never seen Virtanen, but based on Oxley's recent performances then I'd certainly hope Otso's good enough to be getting played today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Someone with a different opinion than others, nothing wrong with that. I think he's been howling and gave him stick at Dumbarton for his superman holwer. What does that make me?
    A backseat driver?

I think Virutanen needs to play a couple of development games as apart from Wednesday i don't think he has played many minutes since he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    I'm not sure it's oxley bashing in this case, because we do need to give Virtanen games before the semi, both for him and for the defence to get used to his style.

To answer the op, no. This is a game for the tried and tested defence. There are a few games that he should be able to slot into though, Alloa stands out as a good shout, and possibly livingston too.
    The OP does start out by questioning Oxley's form.
    I would play our strongest team in every league game, we simply can't afford not to. For me that means we go With Oxley every time.

@hibs.net private member
    The OP does start out by questioning Oxley's form.
    I would play our strongest team in every league game, we simply can't afford not to. For me that means we go With Oxley every time.
    The other boy had 10 mins the other night and took the advice from here to come flying out and command his box and missed the ball.

Oxley would've stayed on his line and let his defenders deal with it and we'd all have been able to remain calm.

Its not an unreasonable question to be fair. There's no chance Oxley's booking is going to be overturned, the SFA / SPFL have already had to admit that refs have cocked up in too many games this season, I cant see them admitting that yet another ref has messed it up unless they have no choice .... they are going to back the ref on this one.

If the decision is to stick with Oxley it means going into a game that winning could be worth over half a million quid to us ( never mind a shot at winning the cup ) with a keeper who has had 15 minutes of first team football all season, and who by all accounts in that 15 minutes made a couple of nervy errors.

The trouble is between now and the end of the season there will be no such thing as a non vital game that can be used to try out Virtanen and because of that IMO we will stick with Oxley and take our chances with Virtanen at Hampden.

It's actually getting ridiculous this constant oxley bashing on here. Even at games now your hear the shouts of keeper when balls come into the box...most of which no keeper would ever come for. Oxley has its limitations and has made few blunders but I still reckon he is one of it not the best keeper in this league, good enough for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think the OP has already provided one.
    I'm far from going radge, I don't take this place seriously enough for that.
    No, the OP has provided one which has been used to tag people who don't rate him as a goalie, not the ones defending him.

If you think people being branded as 'morons' for having (IMO perfectly feasible) opinions on the player and his recent form is ok then fair play. I think it's a bit out of order and I'm sure those who leap to his defence wouldn't appreciate being called morons for their opinions either.

I want the guy to do well and support him at every game but I'm losing faith almost with every passing week. That's doesn't make me not a fan IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post

We don't really have to. The league games are more important than the semi final.

No, the OP has provided one which has been used to tag people who don't rate him as a goalie, not the ones defending him.

If you think people being branded as 'morons' for having (IMO perfectly feasible) opinions on the player and his recent form is ok then fair play. I think it's a bit out of order and I'm sure those who leap to his defence wouldn't appreciate being called morons for their opinions either.

I want the guy to do well and support him at every game but I'm losing faith almost with every passing week. That's doesn't make me not a fan IMO.
    I made no comment on the moron thing so not sure how you took out of my post that I supported it.

First Team Breakthrough
    How about "Mark 1"?

If he is to play n the semi then he should play as many games with the defence in front of him to build understanding and get match sharpness playing at the highest level he can. Otherwise it's a recipe for disaster in the semi. This has nothing to do with OXleys form and everything to do with the semi.

The league is more important than the semi so no.

Well said.

Oxley's already lacking confidence and needs a rest. His inability to command his 6 yard line has been well documented. Stubbs has rotated just about everyone else in the team and if he doesn't address the goalkeeping issue before the semi I'll be disappointed but not all that surprised given the somewhat misguided loyalty that Stubbs shows to Oxley.