hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stevenson, Oxley and Cummings Post-Match Interviews

Hey everyone,

Here are some interviews I did with some of the players after the Cup Final.

John McGinn interview coming soon, as well as Ross County reaction.

Intro music is from the brilliant Tabby Callaghan, who you might remember from the first ever X-Factor

Please share this video so that we can keep doing stuff like this!

If you want to get in touch with me, you can follow me on twitter @DonaghCorby_
    Last edited by InterviewLoI; 14-03-2016 at 10:04 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thanks

Interviews start at 0:48

Thanks for sharing that. Do I feel any better? Definitely no. Those 3 players were devastated big time and it will take a lot to get them up for the game on Wednesday in a far-flung outpost with a poor atmosphere, and where we traditionally have performed badly and struggled to pick up points. Inverness could not have wanted to play us at a better time. Stubbs will have to perform a miracle in raising heads and confidence in the next 48 hours. I keep my fingers crossed that for once our lads have that wee bit of luck and that wee break at the right time and come away with a much needed victory. It will be a huge ask after Hampden.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 14-03-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Cheers Donagh
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    They all looked utterly devastated. Will be a tough job to get them going again for Wednesday. ****ing ridiculous that we even have the replay this week to be honest.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by InterviewLoI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey everyone,

Sorry mate, nothing personal but I think you are our uber jinx. Seems to me every time you turn up to do this interview stuff we get humped. Do you think you could maybe take up an interest in filming something else instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Sorry mate, nothing personal but I think you are our uber jinx. Seems to me every time you turn up to do this interview stuff we get humped. Do you think you could maybe take up an interest in filming something else instead?
    I'll start going to Hearts games

Hey everyone,

Thanks for doing this. Thought the players spoke well. They're clearly hurting too.

Question - did you try and interview Stokes ? Thought you would've done that seen as he's Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post

Thanks for doing this. Thought the players spoke well. They're clearly hurting too.

Question - did you try and interview Stokes ? Thought you would've done that seen as he's Irish?
    Hey man (or boy, evidently)

I had originally planned to, but he walked past as we were speaking to John McGinn, so we missed him. Disappointing considering I've known him a while.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry mate but I've been to more Hampden defeats than yer man so blame me not him.

Link doesn't seem to work on iPhone?

Hey man (or boy, evidently)

I had originally planned to, but he walked past as we were speaking to John McGinn, so we missed him. Disappointing considering I've known him a while.
    Ok , cheers.

At at least that puts to bed any "Stokes refused to be interviewed" nonsense! He simply walked past you (like others are seen doing in the video you've posted) as you were busy interviewing another player.

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Link doesn't seem to work on iPhone?
    Yeah I experienced that also. It works fine on an iPad though

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Ok , cheers.

At at least that puts to bed any "Stokes refused to be interviewed" nonsense! He simply walked past you (like others are seen doing in the video you've posted) as you were busy interviewing another player.

All the best
    He absolutely didn't refuse me and as far as I could tell nobody asked him.

Thanks for all the lovely tweets and messages of support everyone. I'm sorry that this isn't a happier video!

Thanks for all the lovely tweets and messages of support everyone. I'm sorry that this isn't a happier video!
    Hi bud just a quick question for you.

Have you EVER interviewed a winning Hibs player in your life ? Your like the Grim Reaper for us.

Good to see the green and white blood in your veins mate.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quite hard interviews to watch as I can see clearly the players were feeling exactly how I was feeling at the time.

It's now two days later and I feel better, hopefully they do too and we can still achieve something this season.

Well done on the interviews, it's quite good to see interviews with players that aren't the bog standard tv fayre and makes the whole thing seem much more human.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Quite hard interviews to watch as I can see clearly the players were feeling exactly how I was feeling at the time.

It's now two days later and I feel better, hopefully they do too and we can still achieve something this season.

Well done on the interviews, it's quite good to see interviews with players that aren't the bog standard tv fayre and makes the whole thing seem much more human.
    I genuinely felt for Mark Oxley as we were standing across from each other, there were definitely tears on the way.
    It's always heartbreaking speaking to a losing Lewis Stevenson because he's the kind of guy you just want to do well.

However, definitely the hardest interview I think I've ever done was Jason Cummings. Arguably my favourite player/person on the team and I've wanted to meet him for almost 2 years and it was such a bitter-sweet experience. He's such a good character

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Hi bud just a quick question for you.

Have you EVER interviewed a winning Hibs player in your life ? Your like the Grim Reaper for us.

Good to see the green and white blood in your veins mate.
    Falkirk semi in 2013, the only time! What a day! My record is appalling we were talking about this on the plane home. Since March 2012 I have gone to 7 Hibs matches, 1 win (Falkirk AET) 1 draw (Hearts Ozturk game) 5 losses (Dundee Utd 2012, Hearts THAT cup final, Motherwell December 2012, Dumbarton August, Ross County). I genuinely have to stay away for the rest of the year!

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Falkirk semi in 2013, the only time! What a day! My record is appalling we were talking about this on the plane home. Since March 2012 I have gone to 7 Hibs matches, 1 win (Falkirk AET) 1 draw (Hearts Ozturk game) 5 losses (Dundee Utd 2012, Hearts THAT cup final, Motherwell December 2012, Dumbarton August, Ross County). I genuinely have to stay away for the rest of the year!
    Don't let your record put you off, we're all in the same boat and there's no way we can all be jinx's!

Keep up the good work DC, I know I enjoy your work even if it is usually captioning another painful result.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Don't let your record put you off, we're all in the same boat and there's no way we can all be jinx's!

Keep up the good work DC, I know I enjoy your work even if it is usually captioning another painful result.
    Thanks a lot Johnny, hopefully I can get to see a win some time soon!

First Team Breakthrough jarre1875's Avatar
    Brilliant interviews. A great insight about how they were feeling. As you said about lewis you just want him to do so well as he is such a nice lad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Great stuff as always.

Better than a lot of the official coverage.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I honestly thought wee Lewis and jc were just going to break down. the pain on the faces is clear for all to see. I was massively disappointed not angry just dissapointed. I honestly thought is get to see us lift a cup. I was away for 07 and for 91/92

Thanks for this. Great to see the green and white army of fans at the start.

I hope they watch these types of videos before the play offs. Use them as motivation to FIGHT for that not to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    I honestly thought wee Lewis and jc were just going to break down. the pain on the faces is clear for all to see. I was massively disappointed not angry just dissapointed. I honestly thought is get to see us lift a cup. I was away for 07 and for 91/92
    I actually found Mark Oxley to be the most emotional one. There was a quiver in his voice the mic didn't pick up but I actually almost broke down myself.

Well, If IntLOI is our jinx, I wonder, he must be over 100 years old…

But in spite of the result, thanks for these interviews, Ive always appreciated your work! I reckon we will have something to celebrate one day, where you get to capture the happy side of the post Final experience. If we were to win something, Id miss it if you didn't manage to cover it!

Rock on everybody!! The players are one match away from Hampden again, so everything still to play for..