hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ffs

Ffs

Now the cup final defeat is in the past It's time to forgive and forget, the players and Stubbs have to turn this around and try and get a win against Inverness and focus on the play offs. Only the players can change our run of bad luck It's time to get back behind them and show our support. A lot of teams below us in the league would love to be in our position upwards and onwards.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Correct.
    Let's call a truce till 10pm on Wednesday and then we can all get torn in again!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now the cup final defeat is in the past It's time to forgive and forget, the players and Stubbs have to turn this around and try and get a win against Inverness and focus on the play offs. Only the players can change our run of bad luck It's time to get back behind them and show our support. A lot of teams below us in the league would love to be in our position upwards and onwards.
    'A lot of teams below us'. You mean the likes of Raith, Livingston and Queen of the South? That's what we've sank too. Because we're above them it's all good? Deary me, we are third in the 2nd tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    'A lot of teams below us'. You mean the likes of Raith, Livingston and Queen of the South? That's what we've sank too. Because we're above them it's all good? Deary me, we are third in the 2nd tier.
    The OP is trying to make a rallying call. He hasn't said that its all good. There are plenty of threads where you can wallow in misery, would it hurt you to leave just one for people to suggest a positive way forward?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

We have games in hand, so let's not start slapping the **** out the panic button.

I fully expect Hibs to win tomorrow. It is just so us to lose a final then go somewhere tough when no one expects a win and do it.

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I fully expect Hibs to win tomorrow. It is just so us to lose a final then go somewhere tough when no one expects a win and do it.

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.
    I fully expect a 3 or 4 nil win. Everything will fall on a plate and wel'll be able to have the "if only one of them had done that on Sunday" chat.

See, i think we would be allowed to report posts like this on the basis of using a)A Straw Man argument 'because we're above them it's all good?' (FFS no ****er is ****ing saying that FFS) and b)stupidity.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Okay, we lost the bronze. The silver and gold are still there.
    It's not what you do after a victory that shows your real character. It's what you do after a defeat.
    GGTTH.

Left by mutual consent!
    Such is the fear that some Hibs fans have of criticising Stubbs and Dempster that they try put a gloss on every situation.
    Being 3rd in that mickey mouse league is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Putting the fans through even more Hampden torture is completely unacceptable.
    The manager has one of the biggest budgets in Scotland yet the team has capitulated over the last few weeks. Stubbs is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the cheerleading on here and the sugar candy coating that they put on every defeat is not going to make things any better.
    I would like to think that the board are asking Stubbs what the hell is going on. Because the way things are looking I'm not even confident about beating Falkirk in a play off let alone premiership opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by giro playboy View Post
    Such is the fear that some Hibs fans have of criticising Stubbs and Dempster that they try put a gloss on every situation.
    Being 3rd in that mickey mouse league is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Putting the fans through even more Hampden torture is completely unacceptable.
    The manager has one of the biggest budgets in Scotland yet the team has capitulated over the last few weeks. Stubbs is starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights and all the cheerleading on here and the sugar candy coating that they put on every defeat is not going to make things any better.
    I would like to think that the board are asking Stubbs what the hell is going on. Because the way things are looking I'm not even confident about beating Falkirk in a play off let alone premiership opposition.
    I don't think Dempster deserves any criticism, she has done an excellent job since she came in. It's Stubbs job to put a winning team on the park and motivate them, he has been fully supported by the club, so has no excuses.

I do think he's set himself up for a fall with some of his bravado in the media, I'd rather he got the team to do the talking on the park.

Big few weeks ahead for all of us, let's hope he's up to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It's not what you do after a victory that shows your real character. It's what you do after a defeat.
    GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    See, i think we would be allowed to report posts like this on the basis of using a)A Straw Man argument 'because we're above them it's all good?' (FFS no ****er is ****ing saying that FFS) and b)stupidity.
    And C) I'm pretty sure the boy just posts for a reaction now.

They seem to have no fear of criticising some players as I witnessed AGAIN from some at Hampden. Some of our "support" are the most negative people I've ever come across. Group behind me in section C5 pretty much spent the entire game slating Stokes. When County scored they turned their venomous comments on Stubbs. ****ing pathetic.

You're not confident beating Falkirk let alone Premiership opposition?! We've played 5 Premiership sides this season beating 4 of them. I'm confident. But don't let facts get in the way of giving the club and manager a good kicking after a cup final defeat. Bore off.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I think you are assuming that more money automatically = success.

Hearts have a bigger budget than us (as I am sure you are aware) but got nowhere in the league cup, we papped them out over two legs in the Scottish and, apart from looking like they will 'win' a Europa league 5th qualifier round in some hellhole in kazakstan, wont be bothering Celtic for the league.

We have been pony in the league over the last few games, but against ICT and RC we had enough to win, just didn't get it over the line.

That's not capitulation, and if you think it is, you are a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Hearts have a bigger budget than us (as I am sure you are aware) but got nowhere in the league cup, we papped them out over two legs in the Scottish and, apart from looking like they will 'win' a Europa league 5th qualifier round in some hellhole in kazakstan, wont be bothering Celtic for the league.

We have been pony in the league over the last few games, but against ICT and RC we had enough to win, just didn't get it over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

2-1 Hibs Stokes winner.
    Have come out my post Hamden depression I don't expect us to go a seventh game without wining but we will need to do it in normal time i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    I've already booked my hotel in Glasgow for the semi final......It can be cancelled at no cost though.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    You're a real up person.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    My Yam sentencing/syntax detector is giving off significant readings here....

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I fully expect a 3 or 4 nil win. Everything will fall on a plate and wel'll be able to have the "if only one of them had done that on Sunday" chat.
    I cant believe some think we will win let alone by 3 goals! Sorry but havent seen anything lately to say we will win by 3 goals

Left by mutual consent!

In the space of a month we have went from challenging Rangers for the league title to falling 17 points behind them. We have fallen behind a Falkirk team who's budget is tiny compared to ours. We have thrown away a cup final, been hammered at home by Morton, beaten by part time Dumbarton who were 3-0 up at one point, beaten of QOS and thrown away a home lead against an average ICT side. If that's not a capitulation I don't know what is....or maybe you just don't know the meaning of the word

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    My Yam sentencing/syntax detector is giving off significant readings here....
    Well done Sherlock. After 40 years pretending I was a Hibs fan I've finally been rumbled by a pensioner in Australia.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    In the space of a month we have went from challenging Rangers for the league title to falling 17 points behind them. We have fallen behind a Falkirk team who's budget is tiny compared to ours. We have thrown away a cup final, been hammered at home by Morton, beaten by part time Dumbarton who were 3-0 up at one point, beaten of QOS and thrown away a home lead against an average ICT side. If that's not a capitulation I don't know what is....or maybe you just don't know the meaning of the word
    No, I understand perfectly.

You are either one of them on the wind up, or a troll.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    GGTTH.
    This is good

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

All negativity and no hint of a solution.

Personally, I like the fact that there are people whose views differ from the mainstream, but when it's relentlessly critical without any deviation then you have to wonder.

The season has gone pear shaped and we've hit a trough. Everyone is well aware of it, the question is this though, do we have anything to play for? The answer is aye, we have it all to play for.

On that basis, I'm withholding the need to get too worked up. It is what it is. We've still got a lot of football ahead, the team give their all, get behind them or GTF.

Left by mutual consent!

Or maybe just a Hibbie who is sick to death of being kicked in the teeth.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    They seem to have no fear of criticising some players as I witnessed AGAIN from some at Hampden. Some of our "support" are the most negative people I've ever come across. Group behind me in section C5 pretty much spent the entire game slating Stokes. When County scored they turned their venomous comments on Stubbs. ****ing pathetic. You're not confident beating Falkirk let alone Premiership opposition?! We've played 5 Premiership sides this season beating 4 of them. I'm confident. But don't let facts get in the way of giving the club and manager a good kicking after a cup final defeat. Bore off.
    Well said Mikey

If you are a HIBBY get backing the team. It is times like this they really need the backing of the fans.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Or maybe just a Hibbie who is sick to death of being kicked in the teeth.
    Can't mind you posting any other time this season.

Why is that?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Saying we've fell behind Rangers is fair comment but by your own benchmark our budget is tiny in comparison to theirs. Falling behind Falkirk is in part and more todo with not playing any games in the the league for a couple of weeks. You also double the negativity by going into the detail of the three games that put us well behind Rangers. Your fairly upbeat eh?
    Falkirk play Rangers on Friday and I can't see anything other than a Rangers win. That will have us three points behind with three games in hand going intoSaturday evenings game.
    If we can't finish second after that then by all means tell us we're all wrong.
    Sunday was a huge disappointment but in reality it's all about the play offs and if we're being honest it ways was going to be. Tonight means an extra game to deal with and an opportunity to put Sunday behind us and into the weekend on the up. Cheer up FFS.
    Last edited by greenlex; 16-03-2016 at 02:43 AM.