hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of this

Left by mutual consent!

Sick of this

Possession possession possession and he haww to show for it yet again. Time and time again get to the last 3rd and it's pussyfooting about passing it back and forth switching feet. Get it in the box ffs.

End of my tether with this carry on, been pissing about in front of goal all season. We let in 2 we should have scored 3 then. If your going to have possession at least make it count.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Possession possession possession and he haww to show for it yet again. Time and time again get to the last 3rd and it's pussyfooting about passing it back and forth switching feet. Get it in the box ffs.

End of my tether with this carry on, been pissing about in front of goal all season. We let in 2 we should have scored 3 then. If your going to have possession at least make it count.
    Yep. No idea why so many seem quite happy to pat ourselves on the back today. It was very poor.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Dominated the match, throughly deserved to win and still didn't. They always let you down but I'll still be back.

Maybe, then, this so called "Hibs way" is a load of baws. Maybe we should just be more direct and gie it a hoof. We cried out for a change of style for years. Stubbs came in changed the style and now it is also unsuitable. How should we play?

Our inability to take chances has been the major problems in Stubbs's tenure. Absolutely dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Our inability to take chances has been the major problems in Stubbs's tenure. Absolutely dreadful.
    Agree. Stokes and Cummings were hopeless today.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Yep. No idea why so many seem quite happy to pat ourselves on the back today. It was very poor.
    Absolutely.

We didn't play particularly badly but the same failings that have cost us for the best part of 2 seasons were evident again. All the sugar coating in the world doesn't change the fact we simply must get promoted or it will be a 3rd, at least, season in a row of utter failure.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Well, yes, but alongside a basic inability to defend. The goals today were a joke. As was the one Oxley got away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Absolutely.

We didn't play particularly badly but the same failings that have cost us for the best part of 2 seasons were evident again. All the sugar coating in the world doesn't change the fact we simply must get promoted or it will be a 3rd, at least, season in a row of utter failure.
    Totally agree

Goals win games and we don't score enough,

Stubbs took too long to change things and stokes/Cummings just doesn't work

Forwards were brutal today, Cummings was a man short and Stokes was just far to predictable

Its the same garbage as before. Stubbs is a dud and only promotion will kick start any sort of redemption.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The ruiners as they should affectionately be known as from now on.
    Today was a new way to **** us over. Losing a cup final in the last minute.

Not even gonna specify my complaints down, just losing on the big occasions again. You know were never going to win cups on the regular and so even if they're won in the future it makes up for nothing. Not gonna get on board with this 'Let's still be positive about the team' pish either, I'm happy if we get promotion but there's only so many times a team can ****ing let you down. I've stopped promising I won't be back cause I always am, just know we'll lose the next one and the next one and the next one.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have no problem that RC got 2, they had 2/3 chances and took them, we fannied about in final 3rd and should have been creating 7/8 chances. Hibs blew it today and blew the League because of the inability to finish things of.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 13-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    stubbs 0 McIntyre 1...making a sub at 90+ 4 mins ? good one stubbsy even for you, ******* genius

basic errors ..so much for the trip to Spain!!!

Well yet again lack of determination and concentration resulted in a shocker of a mid field pass for their first goal, and a pass across face of your own goal for goal number 2 (schoolboy error).

The continual poor decision making of Stokes and Cummings who do not work together was again evident....what is the point of shooting when you have almost no chance of scoring?..choose a better option e.g.pass!
    We have come up short again and lack that cutting edge and concentration which has cost us so often recently... Stubbs has to get us promoted now or else we have another dismal season and play again against poor quality teams..also to end what is the point of last minute substitutions?
    The team let us down.

That is what happens when you are a hibs supporter. They just like go bottle,it on big occasions. It's all part of being in the hibs family.

Quote Originally Posted by Denverhibby View Post
    That is what happens when you are a hibs supporter. They just like go bottle,it on big occasions. It's all part of being in the hibs family.
    I don't know what hibs family you are part of but the team I watched today didn't bottle it.

It's just so lazy.

Blog Entries
    We complain about the penalties that Sevco and the Jambos get, but they get them because they have players who are willing to run at speed into the box. We don't do that. We fart about with tippy tippy passes and get nowhere. I can't remember who it was today but he picked up the ball inside their half on the left, had a good run towards goal and then, almost unchallenged, stopped a yard from the penalty box as if he wasn't allowed to cross the line. While I'm on a wee moan, I might as well raise the old chestnut of our ineptitude at throw ins. 9 times out of ten, when we get a throw in it's possession gifted to our opponents. Having said all that, I must say I'm not too disappointed with our performance today but I'm furious that we lost to such a useless mob.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Why do we feel it's our responsibility to always drive forward dominate possession and lose bad goals on the break? Headless chickens sometimes ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverhibby View Post
    When was your last post before today?

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Maybe, then, this so called "Hibs way" is a load of baws. Maybe we should just be more direct and gie it a hoof. We cried out for a change of style for years. Stubbs came in changed the style and now it is also unsuitable. How should we play?
    Personally I would like to see us put the ball in the box when we have the chance, so many times today we had the ball in a great position and 5 yards from the defender and rather than cross we take an extra touch or two or go one way then cut back and by the time we try to cross it we are closed down or tackled. We spent so much time near their box without actually putting the ball into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Why do we feel it's our responsibility to always drive forward dominate possession and lose bad goals on the break? Headless chickens sometimes ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    To be so exposed on the break for the winner in the 90th min was a shocker we had to just see it out and win in ET I never at any point thought they looked capable of scoring a second

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    To be so exposed on the break for the winner in the 90th min was a shocker we had to just see it out and win in ET I never at any point thought they looked capable of scoring a second
    I said practically the same on the way back from the game. Just criminally naive, especially in a cup final.

Hibs just seem to find new ways of messing with your head. To chuck it away, in that manner, in the last minute FFS.

I am totally shattered and gutted after today. I'll be back for more though. It's what I do. Better to fall at the final hurdle than be like our neighbours who don't have to worry about losing too many finals as they are usually nowhere near them.

Left by mutual consent!
    I.ll take losing today if it was one of those rare occasions you have more ball and chances but lose, however it's all to bloody common down Easter Road and I was kind of hoping the wee break might have helped. It seems not.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post

Don't subscribe to the "Hibs Way" mentality. Yes I like watching passing, fast flowing football but that doesn't win everytime. Managers need a Plan B or Plan C, when Plan A doesn't work. We seem to think we can just keep passing until we eventually score. Stubbs needs to work on different styles and formations that means we can keep one step ahead of the opposition as oppose to the opposition like today knowing exactly what our game plan was. We've become too predictable and teams are set up to stop us playing.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    Personally I would like to see us put the ball in the box when we have the chance, so many times today we had the ball in a great position and 5 yards from the defender and rather than cross we take an extra touch or two or go one way then cut back and by the time we try to cross it we are closed down or tackled. We spent so much time near their box without actually putting the ball into it.
    The trouble with getting the ball into the box quicker is the strikers are never in the box, far to often they come out the box because the build up play is so slow, we need to get more direct and quicker with it.

Left by mutual consent!
    On 2 or 3 occasions today Bartley passed out wide and was bursting gut for return pass that was totally ignored. IMO Bartley was the right pass add this to the lack of crossing early or just not crossing it pisses me right off. Not a bottle issue an issue of choices and over doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    The trouble with getting the ball into the box quicker is the strikers are never in the box, far to often they come out the box because the build up play is so slow, we need to get more direct and quicker with it.
    Agree, a lot of the times we find Cummings and Stokes leaving the box to collect the ball from deep because it's not getting delivered. Today we had loads of bodies in the box on a few occasions with us in possession on the wing/edge of the box and we took too long to get the ball in which meant we lost it before a chance could be created.

For all the possession and play we could've created so much more if we had done the simple things well, it did feel like some of the stuff we did was more suited to a team that was 2-0 up.