hibs.net Messageboard

Has there ever been a worse time to have a holiday?

I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals. Has there ever been a worse time to be out of the country?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals. Has there ever been a worse time to be out of the country?
    I feel your pain brother.

Flying out to Gran Canaria on Sunday morning and won't be getting to the hotel until the end of the game.

To say I am gutted is putting it mildly.

on the plus side, if we are in the next LC final as holders, you can again book a holiday for March as it is been put back to the original November date for the final.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Depends on the results

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Yeh, when your working in London week on week off and the final falls in the middle of your week ON. I hate the navy

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I booked a fortnight holiday in Florida last autumn leaving on 5 march and returning on 20 march. Missing a cup final and two semi finals.
    Let's hope we beat ICT in the replay, but I don't think we were ever going to be in two SC semi-finals. We just don't have the squad depth.

What semi finals are you missing ??

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    If we make it to the holy grail cup final I will let you know.....I fly to Ibiza for 2 weeks the wednesday before, I assume I will also miss some play off games. Never even thought about it last july when I booked the holiday.

The mrs has has been trying to convince us to fly back for the game should we make it though so you never know

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    We booked a holiday for end of May 2014, not even thinking we'd be anywhere near the play offs.

So we ended up being in a pub in Lanzarote watching us get relegated and to make it worse some Hamilton fans were also in that pub. It was awful and in a strange way I'd much rather have been at the game.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We booked a holiday for end of May 2014, not even thinking we'd be anywhere near the play offs.

So we ended up being in a pub in Lanzarote watching us get relegated and to make it worse some Hamilton fans were also in that pub. It was awful and in a strange way I'd much rather have been at the game.
    I was in Magaluf the opposite way around, watched the first leg in a Pub with coincidentally, 2 Hamilton fans (who were a good laugh even after defeat).......shame I was home for the return leg though :(

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I was sitting on a boat off the west coast for the second Hamilton game with no internet access or radio but intermittent phone signal. I got the second Hamilton goal by text about 20 minutes after they scored and then a drip of penalty texts coming in with the last one about half an hour after the game had finished. Not a good way to follow a game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I was sitting on a boat off the west coast for the second Hamilton game with no internet access or radio but intermittent phone signal. I got the second Hamilton goal by text about 20 minutes after they scored and then a drip of penalty texts coming in with the last one about half an hour after the game had finished. Not a good way to follow a game.
    Jeez that must have been torture.