hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cup final celebrations

If............If we win has there been any info made available for any celebrations? ER after the game, a parade etc? Apologies if posted elsewhere

2. Log in to remove the advert

There will be a parade heading down to the ground as there was the last time I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There will be a parade heading down to the ground as there was the last time I presume.
    After the game bud? Was there not bother inside ER the last time?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Heading back to Lytham to get plastered, personally

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nic81 View Post

folk not realising that the pitch is for players...not the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    folk not realising that the pitch is for players...not the fans
    Hopefully everyone will behave this time then

If I am still alive when Hibernian win the Scottish cup, and I am fit enough to make it to the final wherever it is, I will be on the pitch at the centre circle.greetin

things have changed over the years tough. At one time, or on a couple of occasions the team bus would parade from the Maybury and I do recall people coming out of their posh bungalows along the entrance to Corstorphine cheering the bus into town. 1972, or 1991/ maybe because JimO'Rourke was a Clerrie boy?

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Would like to know this aswel IF we win. You don't ever wanna ask this question, but it's still good to know so people can make plans etc. I enjoyed last time, went to princess street and ran along side the bus all the way down leith walk and up to Easter Road then into the stadium. What a night!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Me? enjoying the drive back up the A9 amongst the staggies.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    things have changed over the years tough. At one time, or on a couple of occasions the team bus would parade from the Maybury and I do recall people coming out of their posh bungalows along the entrance to Corstorphine cheering the bus into town. 1972, or 1991/ maybe because JimO'Rourke was a Clerrie boy?
    It was in 1991, first one after the FTB tried to shut us down. Lots of love shown by the city, cheering crowds all the way to ER.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    It was pretty farcical IIRC last time, stopped letting people into stadium very early, then re opened, word spread and people around tamsons on e.r were coming back telling everyone not to bother, then changing it to everyone rushing up again. Then closed again haha, im sure the south was either not open or hardly anyone got on.

Luckily I managed to sneak into the famous 5 after vaulting into the graveyard to get past the stewards that i think were a quarter way down st clair street trying to force people back, climbed the T.V tower at the corner of the west and famous 5 then hopped into the stand. Which im sure wasnt anywhere near full at this point either. (I also landed with one leg on one step and the other on the lower step resulting in an unfortunate tumble down them)

I also remember the Cabbage and I think the Iona running our of pints and only had limited bottles left like nookie Broons

No idea how they manage it this time, but I imagine Leann has thought it through and might even charge a token pound entry or somthing for a ticket stub

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    It was pretty farcical IIRC last time, stopped letting people into stadium very early, then re opened, word spread and people around tamsons on e.r were coming back telling everyone not to bother, then changing it to everyone rushing up again. Then closed again haha, im sure the south was either not open or hardly anyone got on.

Luckily I managed to sneak into the famous 5 after vaulting into the graveyard to get past the stewards that i think were a quarter way down st clair street trying to force people back, climbed the T.V tower at the corner of the west and famous 5 then hopped into the stand. Which im sure wasnt anywhere near full at this point either. (I also landed with one leg on one step and the other on the lower step resulting in an unfortunate tumble down them)

I also remember the Cabbage and I think the Iona running our of pints and only had limited bottles left like nookie Broons

No idea how they manage it this time, but I imagine Leann has thought it through and might even charge a token pound entry or somthing for a ticket stub
    The stadium didn't open and re-open, they closed the doors before the ground was full as they had said they would to stop people rushing from watching the parade to the ground. It was a safety issue. The advice had been to do one or the other.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The sensible thing to do would be to hold off any parade until Monday night and do it properly rather than the rushed late night effort that happened last time. As mentioned Nobody knew if the stadium was open, stewards were trying to keep people away, and the open top parade on Princes St was nothing of the sort, driver couldn't get along quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    The sensible thing to do would be to hold off any parade until Monday night and do it properly rather than the rushed late night effort that happened last time. As mentioned Nobody knew if the stadium was open, stewards were trying to keep people away, and the open top parade on Princes St was nothing of the sort, driver couldn't get along quick enough.
    No way. Hold it on the night. On the monday night only a fraction will show up. The chaos of 2007 was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to be the night of.

I'd imagine the club will say nothing until next week (if anything at all). They won't want to distract from Sunday, they also won't want to give Jim macintyre anything to pin up in the dressing room.

@hibs.net private member
    The bus parade in 2007 was a farce, the bus zoomed along Princess street about 30 mph. The stadium was half empty and it was generally a let down compared to 1991. But who cares as long as we win

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No way. Hold it on the night. On the monday night only a fraction will show up. The chaos of 2007 was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't agree, think more would turn up when it's a planned event that will be considerably more family friendly than what you'll get at the end of the night after a cup final. Don't think anyone else does these late Sun night affairs which though chaotic & fun aren't the best way to do things.

Can't agree, think more would turn up when it's a planned event that will be considerably more family friendly than what you'll get at the end of the night after a cup final. Don't think anyone else does these late Sun night affairs which though chaotic & fun aren't the best way to do things.
    When then? Monday night when kids have school the day after and people have work the next day?
    Or after the next game? Because that doesn't always go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    When then? Monday night when kids have school the day after and people have work the next day?
    Or after the next game? Because that doesn't always go to plan.
    Monday night 18.00.

I think the players have been celebrating it for the last two weeks - that's the problem

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    I think the players have been celebrating it for the last two weeks - that's the problem
    Aye?

Mummy of 3 and hibee through and through MichelleHibs's Avatar
    Monday night 18.00.
    And what about us out of towners?! Has to be the Sunday night after the game! Was in the ground in 2007 and apart from those who invaded the pitch it was a good night. Taking my kids to their first final so hoping they get to experience the celebrations as if they're the Monday night they won't be able to as were in Perth, I don't drive and between work n school we won't get down.
    Cameron, Chloe and Lewis....
    The Most Precious Gifts in the World

Disclaimer - I don't believe we have won the cup or have any right to win the cup ...

These threads always come back to bite you..but worth discussing as last time it wasn't well organised.

It would feel more special on the night of the game.

They need to open up the whole stadium also and manage it so tickets are given out at turnstiles for a seat.

Would be good if they sorted the sound system in the east so fans can actually hear any interviews with players etc

No idea plans for parade but remember a lot of barriers put up before the final in 2012 along close by streets.

Think tram works in 2012 caused an odd planned route last time also.

Don't forget Scotland v France rugby that weekend also so roads could be chaos.

I'm sure i was getting told on the way home on the bus that they had already started letting people into the ground we couldn't get anywhere near ER by the time we arrived no sure if this was because or bus was late or they did in fact open ER way too early giving those who was at the game little or no chance to get in,

Quote Originally Posted by nic81 View Post
    Not so much trouble but there was a mini pitch invasion and Hibs threatened to end the celebrations early.

The bigger problem was Hibs stating the ground was at capacity when in fact they hadn't opened the south stand. That led to the big green doors of the such stand being kicked in and flooding with fans.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    The bus parade in 2007 was a farce, the bus zoomed along Princess street about 30 mph. The stadium was half empty and it was generally a let down compared to 1991. But who cares as long as we win
    Yep can remember being on Leith Walk and wouldnt call it a parade more a race to get home. Flew past.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Got to be kidding, should be on the night of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Not so much trouble but there was a mini pitch invasion and Hibs threatened to end the celebrations early.

The bigger problem was Hibs stating the ground was at capacity when in fact they hadn't opened the south stand. That led to the big green doors of the such stand being kicked in and flooding with fans.
    They did ..... I was in the west stand lower and the players were taken off the pitch early before they could get to that part of the ground and never came back out, thanks to the actions of a minority of selfish prats who refused to listen to repeated pleas by the club to stay off the pitch there were a lot of upset kids around me who didn't get to see the cup close up