hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: freefall?

freefall?

The league is a priority....what rubbish, another loss tonight, no points out of 9...
    Malonga is gone, what do we do now? Loss of concentration given as a reason...is that acceptable?
    Trust the players ..hmm...not me sorry, same old same old.
    very sad.
    We need to buck up but we need someone to step forward and lead by example as clearly we lack a John Hughes (type of player in his day)
    I hope I am totally wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We were comfortably the better side tonight and they scored with their only chance. Tonight was bad luck and a big improvement on the last two games.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The league is a priority....what rubbish, another loss tonight, no points out of 9...
    Malonga is gone, what do we do now? Loss of concentration given as a reason...is that acceptable?
    very sad.
    We need to buck up but we need someone to step forward and lead by example as clearly we lack a John Hughes (type of player in his day)
    You mean John Hughes who captained us to relegation?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Consecutive defeats against Morton, Dumbarton and Queen of The South in the second tier of Scottish football just isn't on, but it's still all there to play for, so I wouldn't use a term like freefall yet. However, we need to turn this around sharpish, before it becomes a real mess. Finishing second is essential now.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    We were comfortably the better side tonight and they scored with their only chance. Tonight was bad luck and a big improvement on the last two games.
    That would be a great comfort if I hadn't read numerous variations on it about 15 times in the last 2 seasons.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Dagnall+Stokes-Malonga = our situation

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I agree. Didn't deserve to lose that game at all. Just didn't go our way.

Every team has bad spells, but the good teams find a way out and put another strong run together. This is a new test for Stubbs and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Every team has bad spells, but the good teams find a way out and put another strong run together. This is a new test for Stubbs and the players.
    Good way of looking at it. I genuinely don't think we will play like this on Sunday or in the cup final but as I said on another thread we need a striker to hit form immediately with Cummings being out of Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    very sad.
    Why has the frequency of "I hope I'm wrong" increased of late?
    We were doing so well...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Been a big fan of Stubbs ability to build our current squad but some of the recent transactions I feel have knocked the balance of the team out up top.

Malonga - for all he had his critics had an effective partnership with JC and delivered valuable goals.
    Dagnell, sorry don't see what he offers the current squad. Stokes, a player I'd rather wasn't at Easter Rd for non football reasons, doesn't seem to be gelling with JC. Malonga going broke up a partnership that was delivering.

With JC suspended on Sunday this will force us into a change up top - we have no shortage of strikers so the managers task is to come up with a partnership or formation that will get goals and quick.
    Last edited by 0762; 02-03-2016 at 02:46 AM.

very sad.

Couple of wins and it'll be cushty.

Even a poor hertz side managed to beat the Caley. Relax.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    We miss Malonga hugely

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Couple of wins and it'll be cushty.

Even a poor hertz side managed to beat the Caley. Relax.
    How exactly will it be cushty? When we win those games, are Rangers also losing about 5 games? Because promotion was the aim and winning the league was the only way to guarantee that.

I'm looking forward to the cup games and I think we might sneak the cup final next week, but promotion is very unlikely now, as this team won't get through 4/6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    We miss Malonga hugely
    We didn't miss him when we beat Hearts and St Johnstone.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Too slow as usual and much easier to defend against than Sevco who use pace and stretch teams down both sides.

Hibernian Ponderous FC should be our name, its been that way for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Too slow as usual and much easier to defend against than Sevco who use pace and stretch teams down both sides.

Hibernian Ponderous FC should be our name, its been that way for a long time now.
    For me, another issue is the number of goals we get from midfield. It's been a poor return over the last two seasons. You could actually throw the defence in there as well.

There is an over reliance on Jason Cummings.

If we end up 3 years in this division then that would be a disaster, it's obvious that we can raise our game in a one off situation like cup ties but the weekly grind of the league has been to much for our squad. When we were relegated last time we built a team of quality which had a few players that were still playing for their country at the top level(Mixu, Latapy) , the board have not done this, the board that got us relegated. Until cash is splashed by our owners we will be amongst the also rans until we eventually win a weaker league than we have at the moment, don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    We didn't miss him when we beat Hearts and St Johnstone.
    We did miss him against Hearts, the ball spend 45 minutes in our half, that doesn't happen with Malonga up top.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    We miss Malonga hugely
    That's a myth, Malonga hardly scored this season and was not a regularly. No player in the last two seasons has spilt the support like him. Yes he had wonderful skill but he played in flashes and was never consistent enough

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Good way of looking at it. I genuinely don't think we will play like this on Sunday or in the cup final but as I said on another thread we need a striker to hit form immediately with Cummings being out of Sunday.
    Mate even Cummings has been honking the last few matches...he was horrendous last night. His 1st touch is like a pass...he is nowhere near ready to play at a higher level imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Stubbs says we've been unlucky and the last three games could've easily ended up with the opposite result. Well they didn't Alan. Time to step up and show that you're a good manager instead of once again blaming bad luck for us being miles off the pace at the top of the league.

I wonder if Carmichael could help us???

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    That's a myth, Malonga hardly scored this season and was not a regularly. No player in the last two seasons has spilt the support like him. Yes he had wonderful skill but he played in flashes and was never consistent enough
    No,what you've said is the myth bit. One of best players we have had for years. His overall scoring record was good and he had been in better scoring form when we let him go. He got some important goals when it didn't look like we were getting anything.

His overall record compared to Dagnall and Stokes for example shows he was doing well enough on that front.

He was about more than scoring goals though. We don't have anyone else with his touch and ability to hold up and create things.

As someone mentioned last week the way we have regressed now to playing without him in the squad is much about the way we were playing before he arrived.

Well there is no doubt that Stubbs has plenty to ponder over in the next few weeks He has to find a way to stop the rot

This is the worst time to have Key players missing through injury and suspension .when we have also lost form and aren't scoring .

Dagnal hasn't scored at this level which is presumably why he has been dropped . He has had chances But his record is only one in three but at this level he should of got off his mark by now and that is a concern
    Stokes is a proven scorer all be it lacking match fitness and games when he arrived and am sure Stubbs would of expected a better return from him by now
    Keating s is proven scorer at this level but is in middle of a long drought and not playing regularly

Cummings was always going to go through a sticky patch at some point ,but he will come through that .But when he doesn't score it makes it clear how much we rely on him .

Farid can't be rushed back too quickly in case he breaks down again but it's clear we do need him fit and he will score goals .

But Stubbs has decisions to make to get our season back on track

Mcgeouch being in and out team with injury isn't helping matters ieither .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No,what you've said is the myth bit. One of best players we have had for years. His overall scoring record was good and he had been in better scoring form when we let him go. He got some important goals when it didn't look like we were getting anything.

His overall record compared to Dagnall and Stokes for example shows he was doing well enough on that front.

He was about more than scoring goals though. We don't have anyone else with his touch and ability to hold up and create things.

As someone mentioned last week the way we have regressed now to playing without him in the squad is much about the way we were playing before he arrived.
    We didn't let him go, he left us after being honest enough to say he didn't want to play in Scotland anymore. He's got a young kid and wife who didn't enjoy life here.

Hibs knowing he was gone in the summer anyway lined up Stokes who almost everyone wanted as a replacement and so far he's not hit the ground running. But he's scored 2 and Dom only got something like 5 league goals so to say he hit form isn't really true!

Does that mean Stokes hit form when he arrived.

Dom is gone, he wanted out let's move on because as much as I liked him and think he'd have helped us get up and win the cup he was prone to having some real shockers let's not pretend he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    How exactly will it be cushty? When we win those games, are Rangers also losing about 5 games? Because promotion was the aim and winning the league was the only way to guarantee that.

I'm looking forward to the cup games and I think we might sneak the cup final next week, but promotion is very unlikely now, as this team won't get through 4/6 games.
    We have turned up against teams in the Prem so we can beat anyone on our day. I'm confident we will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Andy you'd have us believe he was Pele.

He wasn't even in the team every week and had 6 goals this season. Over the last week he wouldn't have made a great deal of difference when we've chucked goals in at the other end of the pitch. We've struggled to score goals all season, with and without Malonga. The difference is that we kept a lot of clean sheets and sneaked games which we aren't doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I wonder if Carmichael could help us???
    Given his goal against Alloa and the fact he knew the pitch at Queen of the South I would of thought he had a part to,play last night but clearly Stubbs didn't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    We didn't let him go, he left us after being honest enough to say he didn't want to play in Scotland anymore. He's got a young kid and wife who didn't enjoy life here.

Hibs knowing he was gone in the summer anyway lined up Stokes who almost everyone wanted as a replacement and so far he's not hit the ground running. But he's scored 2 and Dom only got something like 5 league goals so to say he hit form isn't really true!

Does that mean Stokes hit form when he arrived.

Dom is gone, he wanted out let's move on because as much as I liked him and think he'd have helped us get up and win the cup he was prone to having some real shockers let's not pretend he didn't.
    Dom is gone but that decision can be discussed as it is pretty key to what is happening now.

Of course we let him go. He was under contract. His family could have waited 6 months.

Stubbs made a football decision that we had better with Dagnall and Stokes coming in. He was wrong.