hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,652

    Stubbs Interview

    Did Stubbs do an interview after the game yesterday? Anybody got a link?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    First Team Breakthrough jarre1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    486
    Think i saw 1 but cant remember for sure though

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Yes, he was surprisingly calm, not sure if I'd have preferred him to be a bit angrier. Basically said too many were making mistakes & poor decisions.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,652

    Stubbs Interview

    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

    Found it.
    He was calm but in view of where we are he probably has to be. This season is now all about games that don't start till the 4th May. Until then it's just a case of getting some momentum and keeping players fit and free from injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

    Found it.
    He was calm but in view of where we are he probably has to be. This season is now all about games that don't start till the 4th May. Until then it's just a case of getting some momentum and keeping players fit and free from injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should. I return my cup final tickets

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member shamo9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,375
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

    Found it.
    He was calm but in view of where we are he probably has to be. This season is now all about games that don't start till the 4th May. Until then it's just a case of getting some momentum and keeping players fit and free from injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not the case at all, finishing 2nd is vital. Rangers failure to do it last year is what cost them in the end. 6 tough matches at the end of a gruelling season is a big ask, especially when the Premiership team is well rested.

    The cup final is huge too and would give everyone at the club a massive boost for the final months of the season.

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the case at all, finishing 2nd is vital. Rangers failure to do it last year is what cost them in the end. 6 tough matches at the end of a gruelling season is a big ask, especially when the Premiership team is well rested.

    The cup final is huge too and would give everyone at the club a massive boost for the final months of the season.
    The cup runs have been great but you wonder if all that effort is now affecting fitness of players and league form...
    The injurys are mounting now if PH injury is confirmed that's him out for season...
    I agree second is a must...

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

    Found it.
    He was calm but in view of where we are he probably has to be. This season is now all about games that don't start till the 4th May. Until then it's just a case of getting some momentum and keeping players fit and free from injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it's not at all!! We have 2nd place to secure I hope the players don't share your attitude mate!!

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

    Found it.
    He was calm but in view of where we are he probably has to be. This season is now all about games that don't start till the 4th May. Until then it's just a case of getting some momentum and keeping players fit and free from injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    haha...

    This whole thing of people trying to convince others how much more important promotion is to them, than cups and cup finals, has gone too far.

    Ridiculous on so many levels. I hope posted either in haste or in jest!

  11. #10
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,085
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha...

    This whole thing of people trying to convince others how much more important promotion is to them, than cups and cup finals, has gone too far.

    Ridiculous on so many levels. I hope posted either in haste or in jest!
    So what is the point your trying to make?

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what is the point your trying to make?
    That it is utterly ridiculous to suggest that any of our games now do not matter until May. Apologies if that was unclear.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    24,458
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha...

    This whole thing of people trying to convince others how much more important promotion is to them, than cups and cup finals, has gone too far.

    Ridiculous on so many levels. I hope posted either in haste or in jest!
    I think those talking about promotion being more important are thinking about the longer term implications.

    The reality is that if we stay in this league the likelihood of having a team which can compete in cups in future years diminishes.

    We seem to be getting the club geared up for good things in the future. Much of this work could go backwards if we don't get promoted.

    A cup win wouldn't compenstate for that.

    Cups are important but the ability to compete in them over the longer term is far more important that whether we can win one this year or not.

  14. #13
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,085
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That it is utterly ridiculous to suggest that any of our games now do not matter until May. Apologies if that was unclear.
    Yes your right they all count.

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff Waxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    6,656
    I know we really have to get promoted asap, but if we win the Scottish cup this year i'll be more than happy with that.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think those talking about promotion being more important are thinking about the longer term implications.

    The reality is that if we stay in this league the likelihood of having a team which can compete in cups in future years diminishes.

    We seem to be getting the club geared up for good things in the future. Much of this work could go backwards if we don't get promoted.

    A cup win wouldn't compenstate for that.

    Cups are important but the ability to compete in them over the longer term is far more important that whether we can win one this year or not.
    A reasonable post, Andy.. and not one I disagree with. But I would still maintain to make out like a CUP FINAL is meaningless is beyond ridiculous, hence my initial post.

    I suspect Ozzy was referring to the League campaign (as opposed to the whole season), in which case I would still disagree (albeit not as profoundly!) as if our current form continues, the playoffs will be a harder run of games than they are already going to be.

  17. #16
    Coaching Staff Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    17,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think those talking about promotion being more important are thinking about the longer term implications.

    The reality is that if we stay in this league the likelihood of having a team which can compete in cups in future years diminishes.

    We seem to be getting the club geared up for good things in the future. Much of this work could go backwards if we don't get promoted.

    A cup win wouldn't compenstate for that.

    Cups are important but the ability to compete in them over the longer term is far more important that whether we can win one this year or not.
    It will just take us a bit longer to get to where we want to be.


    We've won about three cups in nearly forty years of top flight football.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    29,965
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thought his interview was fine and emphasised the importance of not blaming individuals, over-reacting and sticking together.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought his interview was fine and emphasised the importance of not blaming individuals, over-reacting and sticking together.
    Obviously doesn't know much about Hibs fans.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    24,458
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will just take us a bit longer to get to where we want to be.


    We've won about three cups in nearly forty years of top flight football.
    Mainly because we have been rubbish. We've got a wee chance now the way things are set up not to be so rubbish.

    If we stay down again the likelihood is we will be rubbish for quite a bit longer. I think next year without Hearts and now Rangers the interest and crowds will be much lower. Players will be less keen to stay. Where we want to be becomes much less achievable not just delayed. What if we stayed down again? There are no guarantees to getting out.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,652
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha...

    This whole thing of people trying to convince others how much more important promotion is to them, than cups and cup finals, has gone too far.

    Ridiculous on so many levels. I hope posted either in haste or in jest!
    It doesn't matter what promotion means to me personally and I don't claim to want it more or less than anybody else.
    My post was maybe not very well written but my main point was that the season will now come down to those play off games. We obviously need to build momentum (ie get 2nd) to make those ties easier.
    The club simply can't afford another year in this league. We are losing a lot of money and no longer have a bank or owner willing to bale us out. There is nobody left for us to borrow from. We would need to cut costs dramatically as more and more fans would stop attending.
    So, no it's not about me trying to show how much promotion means to me. It's about understanding the consequences if we don't.
    In less than two weeks time I'll be at Hampden with everyone else hoping we can do the job and win the cup. It would be a great achievement and a great day out for my boy and I but it won't stop the downsizing that will have to occur if we are not promoted.
    So for me, it's all about these play offs or we will be in for our hardest summer for a long time, which, given what's happened the last 4 summers is not good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mainly because we have been rubbish. We've got a wee chance now the way things are set up not to be so rubbish.

    If we stay down again the likelihood is we will be rubbish for quite a bit longer. I think next year without Hearts and now Rangers the interest and crowds will be much lower. Players will be less keen to stay. Where we want to be becomes much less achievable not just delayed. What if we stayed down again? There are no guarantees to getting out.
    Players might not want to stay but mebbe those under contract won't have much choice particularly if they're not good enough to get us promoted.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,792
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously doesn't know much about Hibs fans.
    Exactly. Good luck with that one Stubbsy.
    That will be the fans who howled abuse at our keeper for a slightly wayward kick while he kept a clean sheet against Hertz.

  24. #23
    Coaching Staff emerald green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Capital City
    Posts
    6,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think those talking about promotion being more important are thinking about the longer term implications.

    The reality is that if we stay in this league the likelihood of having a team which can compete in cups in future years diminishes.

    We seem to be getting the club geared up for good things in the future. Much of this work could go backwards if we don't get promoted.

    A cup win wouldn't compenstate for that.

    Cups are important but the ability to compete in them over the longer term is far more important that whether we can win one this year or not.
    Bang on the money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't matter what promotion means to me personally and I don't claim to want it more or less than anybody else.
    My post was maybe not very well written but my main point was that the season will now come down to those play off games. We obviously need to build momentum (ie get 2nd) to make those ties easier.
    The club simply can't afford another year in this league. We are losing a lot of money and no longer have a bank or owner willing to bale us out. There is nobody left for us to borrow from. We would need to cut costs dramatically as more and more fans would stop attending.
    So, no it's not about me trying to show how much promotion means to me. It's about understanding the consequences if we don't.
    In less than two weeks time I'll be at Hampden with everyone else hoping we can do the job and win the cup. It would be a great achievement and a great day out for my boy and I but it won't stop the downsizing that will have to occur if we are not promoted.
    So for me, it's all about these play offs or we will be in for our hardest summer for a long time, which, given what's happened the last 4 summers is not good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better watch out. Someone, no doubt, will be along soon to say there is too much "negativity" on this thread.

  25. #24
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,315
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bang on the money.



    Better watch out. Someone, no doubt, will be along soon to say there is too much "negativity" on this thread.
    Agreed. We need to be positive about the fact that our last two results mean we are now only eleven points off first place and a comfortable two points clear of third. If those results had gone the other way then we'd be fully five points behind first and barely eight ahead of third.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't matter what promotion means to me personally and I don't claim to want it more or less than anybody else.
    My post was maybe not very well written but my main point was that the season will now come down to those play off games. We obviously need to build momentum (ie get 2nd) to make those ties easier.
    The club simply can't afford another year in this league. We are losing a lot of money and no longer have a bank or owner willing to bale us out. There is nobody left for us to borrow from. We would need to cut costs dramatically as more and more fans would stop attending.
    So, no it's not about me trying to show how much promotion means to me. It's about understanding the consequences if we don't.
    In less than two weeks time I'll be at Hampden with everyone else hoping we can do the job and win the cup. It would be a great achievement and a great day out for my boy and I but it won't stop the downsizing that will have to occur if we are not promoted.
    So for me, it's all about these play offs or we will be in for our hardest summer for a long time, which, given what's happened the last 4 summers is not good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's all fair enough. It was the way I read your original post it would seem.

    Unfortunately I think we've now put ourselves in a position where our next few league games are very important too - and not in terms of catching Rangers.

    Here's hoping we have a promotion AND a cup to be happy about come summer

  27. #26
    Every game important. Falkirk will smell blood in the water.

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Good luck with that one Stubbsy.
    That will be the fans who howled abuse at our keeper for a slightly wayward kick while he kept a clean sheet against Hertz.
    That's cos they've "never rated him" and he has them "on edge all the time".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)