hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Positives after tonight

Being realistic before tonight's game, second in the league was the least we expected. Stubbs was interviewed before the game and said Falkirk were too far behind us,which made me think Ooops that's setting us up for a fall.
    OK tonight is a very bad night at the office BUT it will be a wake up call to the players and might just might help us focus on the final.

On another note...****** the Hertz

Ggtth

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being realistic before tonight's game, second in the league was the least we expected. Stubbs was interviewed before the game and said Falkirk were too far behind us,which made me think Ooops that's setting us up for a fall.
    OK tonight is a very bad night at the office BUT it will be a wake up call to the players and might just might help us focus on the final.

Ggtth

He said that??? Helloooo third place.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It's a right kick in the balls. We shouldn't be loosing at home to Morton under any circumstances.

Gamer IDs

Yeh mate...I thought wait a minute we have a massive budget compared to Falkirk so we should be miles ahead of them.....still think o the extra doh the club will get by us winning the play offs

2 defeats in 29 games. Would anyone have taken that?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Of course, we all would

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    If we had won tonight and the remaining games until we met Rangers beating them would have meant the gap would have been just two.

Getting out of this league is far more important for the long term future of the club than getting to the league cup final so struggle to see any positives tonight. Don't agree at all with the idea that the focus should be on a Final over the league.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Blog Entries

Ggtth

If he actually said that, he's a fool.

First Team Breakthrough
    Spin it anyway you like that's the beauty of statistics but I don't except that tonight.

Positives are hopefully less demand first thing tomorrow for final tickets although this will also have a knock on effect on other matches.

Gamer IDs

Yeh course we would

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Sugar coated pish. 4 defeats in 25 league games and 8 points off top. Nobody would have taken that.

Had a bad feeling about tonight, to many games, a freezing cold night and umpteen team changes was a recipe for disaster, realistically we were always going to fight out a play off place with Falkirk and nothing has changed after tonight.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    At least that's got Morton on a Wednesday night at Easter Road out of the way for another year and hopefully longer.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He said that??? Helloooo third place.
    Let the wed betting commence!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Had a bad feeling about tonight, to many games, a freezing cold night and umpteen team changes was a recipe for disaster, realistically we were always going to fight out a play off place with Falkirk and nothing has changed after tonight.
    That's how I'm looking at it....just stay ahead of Houston's men

Celtic go elsewhere for Ronnie's replacement and we fire up through the playoffs with 2 cups

Very sore one tonight, and no excuses. Our hopes of winning the league have just got a whole lot fainter. But, our main objective this season is still alive and to be played for, alongside our cup bids.

Bad night, very bad night at the office. We don't give up here though.

Oh and an actual positive for me is I was ill and never went and watched that.

Together.

Positives are Hanlon and Bartley are Certs for final.

I also think gray needs to be careful as he gets caught out of position too often.

Oxley - words fail me

I suppose a positive is we can now play with a bit more freedom knowing we are almost certainly playing to consolidate 2nd as opposed to chasing Rangers.

That might allow us to relax a bit and get back to playing good football regularly in the league.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I learnt what the hell periscope is about.

@hibs.net private member
    Positives: play-offs will generate big money: gates & TV (all funded by us, of course...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If he actually said that, he's a fool.
    Really.

Least that's the poor result out of the way and we can concentrate on the league cup final, league and quarter final matches

@hibs.net private member
    The 3 goals were very poor and we looked horribly exposed every time they attacked. The frustrating thing is if we had got the first goal I'm confident we'd have won easily. As the game went on we looked less and less likely to score and Morton should even have got a 4th. I worry that with Dom gone if Stokes and Cummings aren't on song we really struggle. Trying not to be too despondent but hard after freezing my backside off watching that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Really.
    Yup!

Ggtth

I like Stubbs, and he has hauled the club back to being a football club again. He will learn, just like virtually every manager out there, it all turns on a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    If we had won tonight and the remaining games until we met Rangers beating them would have meant the gap would have been just two.

Getting out of this league is far more important for the long term future of the club than getting to the league cup final so struggle to see any positives tonight. Don't agree at all with the idea that the focus should be on a Final over the league.
    Me neither...I always try and see positives but that was a joke tonight!! Cummings and Stokes as a pair don't work and I really hope stubbs has realised that tonight. So far imo Stokes has been a massive let down. 3 nil at home to morton is just not acceptable under any circumstances and the performance 2nd half was frankly pathetic

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Positives - El Alagui worked his rear end off when he came on and will be an asset to us if he keeps fit.
    Hanlon and Bartley shouldn't be left out again, let that be a lesson.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    The 3 goals were very poor and we looked horribly exposed every time they attacked. The frustrating thing is if we had got the first goal I'm confident we'd have won easily. As the game went on we looked less and less likely to score and Morton should even have got a 4th. I worry that with Dom gone if Stokes and Cummings aren't on song we really struggle. Trying not to be too despondent but hard after freezing my backside off watching that
    Alloa exposed us, straight away after Boyle's first, and three times at 2-0 first 15 minutes second half.

Livingston had us pinned back first 45 seconds first half.......

Simple fact is Hibs need to beat teams every game in the league at the business end if they want the title - we lost the league title tonight and it's the play offs - no way will The Rangers lose it now.

They need to fully focus on the league - cups are not crucial, promotion is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Me neither...I always try and see positives but that was a joke tonight!! Cummings and Stokes as a pair don't work and I really hope stubbs has realised that tonight. So far imo Stokes has been a massive let down. 3 nil at home to morton is just not acceptable under any circumstances and the performance 2nd half was frankly pathetic

Agree with this. If you want to win titles at any level you can't drop as many points as we do. Simple as that.

5 wins in our last 10 league matches isn't title winning form and it was always a worry for me with Stubbs and his team.

The only slight positive I can take from today is that I never seriously felt we would win this league. I still think we'll go up in the play offs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Yup!
    Fair enough,you think our manager is a fool.
    It's all about opinions.