hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Coin Throwers

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Coin Throwers

Chris Brunt of West Bromwich Albion was hit in the face by a coin thrown by one of his own supporters. This nearly took the lads eye out, only missing by millimetres. I noticed the same thing happening to Jason Cummings last Tuesday too when several coins were thrown at him from the Dunbar end, fortunately none hitting their intended target.

This seems to be becoming more and more of a 'thing' to do by some so called supporters and is a very dangerous habit. Hugh Dallas was probably the most high profile one in the not too distant future and we have had Liam Henderson getting 'tead' at Tynie by some numpty.

It is a very difficult thing to stop in reality and I think the only way to put a stop to it is by self policing by other fans.

I don't know if the person who hit Brunt was caught or not, or if the clown who threw tea over Henderson was ever caught but in my opinion, anybody ever caught doing something like should be banned for life from football grounds whilst suffering the full force of the law too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Apparently the West Bromwich fans are organising a coin collection before their next game with Brunt choosing who it goes to.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

A completely stupid, mindless thing to do and who ever did it needs to have a word with themselves.

Whoever threw the hot tea at the semi-final is an absolute moron of the highest order and is not welcome in our support.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Seven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A completely stupid, mindless thing to do and who ever did it needs to have a word with themselves.

Whoever threw the hot tea at the semi-final is an absolute moron of the highest order and is not welcome in our support.
    He's currently banned pending investigation.

Coin Throwers... tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's currently banned pending investigation.
    Good. Totally embarrassing behaviour from a grown man who was apparently with his son. What a wonderful example to set

Coins were also thrown at the Chelsea man city game yesterday when city scored their equaliser.

Could not believe what I was watching on match of the day, the boy nearly had his eye out from one of his own fans. I hope the culprit has the book thrown at him and never attends a football match again. Sad truth is, there'll always be a select few plonkers in the terraces. 😏

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Many moons ago I was a student in Aberdeen. Every year they had a Torcher parade where students dressed up floats/lorries and paraded through the streets in fancy dress to raise funds for Charity. The idea was that others would walk with the floats collecting change in buckets but a lot of the local youths liked to assist charity by throwing the coins at you. It is peeping sore getting hit by a coin on the head - I got hit just behind my ear and it drew blood. Not the charitable spirit I had expected and frankly if it wasn't for the other type of spirit I was using to "keep warm" I'd have given up right then

coming out of Hampden, when we got beat in a semi years ago when a group of our "own" fans were pelting the guys and young lassies in the burger vans with coins, calling them weegie bassas. right bunch o' heroes they were!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Show you how far and yet not so far we've come.

There was a game at Tynie (prob 88-89) when JC (the original) was taking a corner at the school end and he was literally showered with a hail of coins. He had to stop and was hit but brushed it off and took the corner. We're no angels but that was mental.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

At the last derby I attended at Tynecastle, coins flew pas tmy head a few times. Everybody around me kept turning round to see the culrpits but, dsadly, couldn't make out who it was *

Somebody around them must surelly see it and, if so, they should report it to the Police/Stewards.

* The only people the coin 'tossers' managed to hit were some Hibs Fans near the front of the Stand.