hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunnarsson

Left by mutual consent!

Gunnarsson

Apologies if there is already a thread about this, couldn't see one.

From the west stand I saw McGeouch getting frustrated with Gunnarsson in the first half, looking up and shaking his head a few times.

He then had a communication error with Oxley in the second half when the two of them tried to clear the ball which resulted in them shouting at each other.

He nearly scored a fatal OG against hertz last week and I wasn't convinced with his performance today. IMO wouldn't ever have him starting, maybe I'm just being too harsh! Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejaca View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

From the west stand I saw McGeouch getting frustrated with Gunnarsson in the first half, looking up and shaking his head a few times.

He then had a communication error with Oxley in the second half when the two of them tried to clear the ball which resulted in them shouting at each other.

He nearly scored a fatal OG against hertz last week and I wasn't convinced with his performance today. IMO wouldn't ever have him starting, maybe I'm just being too harsh! Thoughts?
    Too harsh. Didn't do anything wrong today IMO

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Bizarre interpretation of his game.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Didn't see any of those things and I thought NG had a good game
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    A tad harsh maybe but I certainly didn't think he was brilliant.

Coaching Staff

Nope can't agree thought he played well.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    A tad harsh maybe but I certainly didn't think he was brilliant.
    He can play well (as he did today) without being brilliant. None of them were brilliant.

I thought he was average today, but I understand he was being played out of position. In any event, it's far too early to be judging him.

Coaching Staff

Nah.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he played well today. McGeoch did tear a strip of him in the first half but it was Dylan's first touch that got him in bother not Gunnerson's pass. The big man just shrugged it off. He looks a solid signing to me.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Did you see nothing positive at all today?

Thought the situation with Oxley was keepers fault if anything. He either comes for the ball or tells the defender to hoof it, he just seemed to stand and stare. In saying that if the keeper does fall asleep Gunnarson should just take charge.

Thought he done fine today, as did Oxley before anyone starts.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Played absolutely fine, first half was probably better than his second half where he was slipping a number of time. Oxley was at fault with the pass back ball, you could see even from the FFU he was waving Ox to come and get it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Did you see nothing positive at all today?
    3 goals

Alloa never did enough to trouble him but everything he did was good IMO. A big physical guy is what we need.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    After an average debut at Raith I think the laddie has fitted into the squad really well. Un fussy and competent. He would be a decent permanent addition I reckon.

Thought he was excellent

Surprised at the tone of the Op.

Gunnarsson is calm athletic and comfy on the ball, had one slip but Bartley sorted it out and NG held his hand up in apology. But I think we've got ourselves a good un here

First Team Breakthrough
    Footballs all about opinions, and my opinion is that your opinion is all wrong lol. He done ok and that interception at Tynecastle was great , read the play well and covered

Just as well that you, don't pick the team then. ;-)

It was clear that Dylan and gunnarsson haven't played together much. A few times there was a lack of communication but that will go with playing. He looks a solid signing. Though i suggest him and the rest of the guys get new boots. Lots count of the amount of times they all lost their footing.

Made an error on the half way line that let them away 2 on 1 and Bartley bailed him out there. Apart from that his biggest issue seemed to be his studs as he slipped quite a few times in the second half.

The one with the indecision between him Oxley was down to Oxley IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Thought he played well today. McGeoch did tear a strip of him in the first half but it was Dylan's first touch that got him in bother not Gunnerson's pass. The big man just shrugged it off. He looks a solid signing to me.
    Gunnie played the ball too far in front of Dylan, Dylan had to stretch for the ball, nothing wrong with his first touch.

Dylan was unhappy obviously because of his recent groin strain keeping him out and being played a pass like that.

Dylan then stretched out his groin for 30 secs before having another pop at his pass.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Made an error on the half way line that let them away 2 on 1 and Bartley bailed him out there. Apart from that his biggest issue seemed to be his studs as he slipped quite a few times in the second half.

The one with the indecision between him Oxley was down to Oxley IMO.
    There were a lot of slips in that half and have been a few times already this year. 2 today almost cost us a goal. Is it the pitch or are players using crap footware?

The only thing he got really wrong was not having the right studs in, kept slipping at the wrong time. The mix up with Oxley was the keepers fault, far too slow in coming out, Oxley did the same in the 1st half with Fontaine.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I thought he was OK but not really a centre back. Prefer him at right back.

Left by mutual consent!
    My opinion seems to be very unpopular! I must agree I am being too harsh, far too soon to make a judgement. Thought the team played excellent overall

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I thought he was OK but not really a centre back. Prefer him at right back.
    Agree with that

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I thought he did well. Other than the almost fatal slip he was pretty solid.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Looks athletic and naturally fit . Give him games and time to adjust to the style here and he will be a good long term signing if he decides to stay.