hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Neilson

Robbie Neilson

The longer I spend on Kickback the more I like this guy. I'm starting to think that he really could be the man for Hearts and that they should keep him for years, giving him the chance to create a dynasty in tandem with the Queen of Hearts, Craig Levein.

It does no club any good to chop and change all the time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The longer I spend on Kickback the more I like this guy. I'm starting to think that he really could be the man for Hearts and that they should keep him for years, giving him the chance to create a dynasty in tandem with the Queen of Hearts, Craig Levein.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Think any Manager under Potter will be a problem long term. Seemingly he only works with 3 agents, and he buys the players. Robbie has to coach the likes of the Nigerian left back that they signed. Seemingly Potter signed the wrong brother

Not many people know but Robbie's actually a pure died in the wool Hibby. Personally, I think his cover has been blown as Levein is clearly an intelligent man.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Not many people know but Robbie's actually a pure died in the wool Hibby. Personally, I think his cover has been blown as Levein is clearly an intelligent man.
    His beard isn't Hibs class, it's a give away

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think any Manager under Potter will be a problem long term. Seemingly he only works with 3 agents, and he buys the players. Robbie has to coach the likes of the Nigerian left back that they signed. Seemingly Potter signed the wrong brother
    Should be Brian Potter rather than Harry Potter.

Tynecastle is The Phoenix Club (a ****hole that should be burnt down).

It's no even a real beard either. Just the trimmings from Queen Budge's you know what.

A beard Levein could only aspire to.

http://martini.heraldscotland.com/sp...medium=twitter
    The old pals getting wheeled out to shore up his position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    http://martini.heraldscotland.com/sp...medium=twitter
    The old pals getting wheeled out to shore up his position.

That's one reading of it

I think this is a "remember me, Come and Get Me" plea from Naysmith

If so, his agent is really very good - a very innocent-looking way to bring to Jambos attention that Naysmith is in the management game and wants on the radar

They are sitting pretty in third and looking sharp as tacks. One foot either way on Tuesday when these crosses came in and we would probably be out.

Let the muppets hound them out I say. Who do they think they are? ****ing Real Madrid?

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    They are sitting pretty in third and looking sharp as tacks. One foot either way on Tuesday when these crosses came in and we would probably be out.

Let the muppets hound them out I say. Who do they think they are? ****ing Real Madrid?
    I agree. Nielsen has done a great job. Hope they hound him out.
    Their recruitment does seem a bit haphazard though, hopefully that's what does for him in the end. They had a terrible January window.

Potter rarely recruits well.

Juanma
    Anderson
    El Hass-what's his name
    Pallardo
    Oshiniwa
    Soutar (he's young so might come good but having seen him not a player you would think wow)
    Reilly (gets played out of position whenever he plays according to a yam I know)

Djoum for me is a really good player and so was Sow. The others above are bang average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Potter rarely recruits well.

Juanma
    Anderson
    El Hass-what's his name
    Pallardo
    Oshiniwa
    Soutar (he's young so might come good but having seen him not a player you would think wow)
    Reilly (gets played out of position whenever he plays according to a yam I know)

Djoum for me is a really good player and so was Sow. The others above are bang average.
    Don Cowie is another shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

When thinking of Cowie's ability the same question pops up that I asked about Christoph Berra...

"HOW THE **** DID YOU MANAGE TO PLAY IN THE EPL?!!"

Robbie Neilson

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    That one seems crazy. Not so much the actual signing but the length of the deal.
    That January window there was their first taste of working to a budget.
    Previously they would have kept Sow and added others in an attempt to knock us out the cup. They would not have cared how much they were losing.
    As it is, they have banked over a million for Sow but about £250k (maybe more) of it has now been cancelled out by getting knocked out the cup.

I went onto KB this morning and holy **** they are hurting.

One guy says that Neilson had the tougher job when getting the hearts job as Stubbs had the better squad! Even though Hearts had a season to prepare and had a full team to pick from where Stubbs had a squad of just 8 players signed when he walked in.

At least one of them tried to explain this. Neilson is Potters puppet plain and simple. His record in big games is poor. It's about time these ****ing idiots stopped raving about what Stubbs is doing wrong and worried about themselves.

Stubbs is miles better and he'll go onto huge things, while Neilson will float about the SPFL at clubs like Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock etc..

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 😂😂

IMO Neilson's a capable young manager who just needs proper guidance and support, but getting the opposite at Hearts. Think he'd do quite well elsewhere.

Hearts problem is their Hibernian obsession. Everything to do with that club revolves around Hibernian.

Despite winning the Championship, being 3rd in the Premiership, winning lots of games and heading for European football in their first season back after almost going out of business, they are STILL NO HAPPY. Why ? Because Hibs pumped them out of the cup (again). TG I'm a Hibby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Any Hearts manager that struggles against Hibs is good in my book.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    IMO Neilson's a capable young manager who just needs proper guidance and support, but getting the opposite at Hearts. Think he'd do quite well elsewhere.

Hearts problem is their Hibernian obsession. Everything to do with that club revolves around Hibernian.

Despite winning the Championship, being 3rd in the Premiership, winning lots of games and heading for European football in their first season back after almost going out of business, they are STILL NO HAPPY. Why ? Because Hibs pumped them out of the cup (again). TG I'm a Hibby.

Yup.

Except that as long as Potter's around, Neilson will be nothing more than head coach subject to the vagaries of Potter's 'signing policy' (if you can call it that).

It's a bit like the old old days when some poor soul would be handed a list of 16 randomly-chosen players by the SFA Selectors and told to take them down to London and beat England. The players are Potter's and would fit into a Potter 4-6-0 line-up. Neilson has to make the best of it, and then when things go wrong, face the cameras and explain why the team didn't triumph easily.

Mind you, there are many, many Hibbies with as great an obsession about Hearts as they have about us. If we had LOST 1-0 on Tuesday, there would have been plenty on here expressing serious displeasure with AS and his players, regardless of the win over St Johnstone or the fact we're still well in the promotion race.

Going back to the old old days, before 1966 most Scots couldn't have cared less about the World Cup as long as the team beat England now and again. There are still lots of Hibs supporters whose main concern is 'What's going on at Tynecastle and who won the last derby?"

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

One guy says that Neilson had the tougher job when getting the hearts job as Stubbs had the better squad! Even though Hearts had a season to prepare and had a full team to pick from where Stubbs had a squad of just 8 players signed when he walked in.

At least one of them tried to explain this. Neilson is Potters puppet plain and simple. His record in big games is poor. It's about time these ****ing idiots stopped raving about what Stubbs is doing wrong and worried about themselves.

Stubbs is miles better and he'll go onto huge things, while Neilson will float about the SPFL at clubs like Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock etc..

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 

By the time they were relegated, hertz youngsters under Gary Locke had improved exponentially and finished the season strongly. They hit the ground running while we and der hun struggled. By the time the Championship season was over and the Potter/Neilson effect was kicking in properly, we were the form team. Their league position this season imo, is purely down to the fact that the Premier league is full of really crap teams.

Nielson will never make it as a top class manager. The situation between him and Potter is laughable in the extreme. Why doesn't Potter just admit what everyone knows and relegate Neilson to what he actually is...his assistant? After the debacle of his tenure as Scotland manager, Potter has kept his head well below the parapet....when do you ever see quotes or statements from the knob these days? There's a yellow streak running down his back you can see from the moon on a clear night. He's hiding behind Neilson, and while hertz remain near the top of a bad barrel, his hidey hole is safe. They'll get found out big time next season when we, and probably der hun, are back in the mix

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

And for those looking in... Yes we celebrated a Derby cup win hope that's ok with you knuckle dragging @rseholes. At least we didn't bring out a ****ing beer after getting a draw at ER. 😂😂
    Like 😂😂

Neilson brings little to the table regarding coaching and team selection.

They are Potters players and tactics all day long.

4 Big guys at the back who can launch a ball 80 yards but fall to the ground holding their face if they lose a header.

2 Big guys at the front who can challenge for a long high ball but fall to the ground holding their face if they lose a header.

2 Big guys in front of the defence who can kick and elbow the opposition all day but fall to the ground holding their face if the opposition come within a yard of them.

2 Big pacey guys who play for the scraps from the long high balls between defence and attack but fall to the ground holding their face................

1 Goalkeeper who can launch a bye-kick 80 yards.

Not very often that I do this but I went on Kickback last night and by the way a lot of people were describing Stubbs and Neilson I thought for one minute that I was on Hibs.net. The sensible ones that post on Kickback can see what an excellent coach Stubbs is and recognise that he's responsible for firing the team up whereas before that we went into matches expecting to lose. Tuesday night is hurting them bad. Brilliant.

In Stubbs we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

By the time they were relegated, hertz youngsters under Gary Locke had improved exponentially and finished the season strongly. They hit the ground running while we and der hun struggled. By the time the Championship season was over and the Potter/Neilson effect was kicking in properly, we were the form team. Their league position this season imo, is purely down to the fact that the Premier league is full of really crap teams.

Nielson will never make it as a top class manager. The situation between him and Potter is laughable in the extreme. Why doesn't Potter just admit what everyone knows and relegate Neilson to what he actually is...his assistant? After the debacle of his tenure as Scotland manager, Potter has kept his head well below the parapet....when do you ever see quotes or statements from the knob these days? There's a yellow streak running down his back you can see from the moon on a clear night. He's hiding behind Neilson, and while hertz remain near the top of a bad barrel, his hidey hole is safe. They'll get found out big time next season when we, and probably der hun, are back in the mix
    Michael Stewart called out Levein some time ago when he said he was in his perfect role at Hearts, one of power without responsibility.
    Levein is on the Board at Hearts as DoF and will cheerfully throw Neilson to the wolves when results go against Hearts even though he appears to do all the player recruitment and probably tells Neilson what team to pick.

Hearts are well clear in third and should qualify as Scotland's cannon fodder for the early rounds of the Europa League so yay to them for that but next season is a different prospect entirely. You will likely have Hibs and Rangers both in the top flight along with a strong Aberdeen and Celtic will have a fire lit under them by the presence of Rangers. Throw in the Highland sides who are both strong and there is a real challenge there for Hearts. Operating at the same budget level as just now will be impossible if they are building the stand which Budge quite rightly won't pay for. That money will have to come from the FoH.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Not very often that I do this but I went on Kickback last night and by the way a lot of people were describing Stubbs and Neilson I thought for one minute that I was on Hibs.net. The sensible ones that post on Kickback can see what an excellent coach Stubbs is and recognise that he's responsible for firing the team up whereas before that we went into matches expecting to lose. Tuesday night is hurting them bad. Brilliant.

In Stubbs we trust.
    Without being funny any reasonable football fan couldnt help but see the total contrast in playing styles especially in the first half on Wednesday. On another day and similar to the last time we played at ER we could and probably should have been 3 up by half an hour gone. The sight of a supposed future Scotland player time after time launching a punt up the park so that 2 tall centre forwards could maybe get a flick on or win a second ball really was a step back in time IMO. The fact they are 3rd in the top league is depressing especially given they have a number of decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

Agree with everything you have said. 👍🏼

His derby record is pretty shocking though.

Must be getting close to Malofeev territory now?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Michael Stewart called out Levein some time ago when he said he was in his perfect role at Hearts, one of power without responsibility.
    Levein is on the Board at Hearts as DoF and will cheerfully throw Neilson to the wolves when results go against Hearts even though he appears to do all the player recruitment and probably tells Neilson what team to pick.

Hearts are well clear in third and should qualify as Scotland's cannon fodder for the early rounds of the Europa League so yay to them for that but next season is a different prospect entirely. You will likely have Hibs and Rangers both in the top flight along with a strong Aberdeen and Celtic will have a fire lit under them by the presence of Rangers. Throw in the Highland sides who are both strong and there is a real challenge there for Hearts. Operating at the same budget level as just now will be impossible if they are building the stand which Budge quite rightly won't pay for. That money will have to come from the FoH.
    Good post.

Since narrowly avoiding the clutches of the grim reaper it has all gone one way for Hearts - fair play to them for seizing the initiative and capitalising on their good fortune.

They have MASSIVE challenges that lie ahead - exactly as you suggest. It will be very interesting to see how they cope, particularly if we continue to appear to be doing ok.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post

The FoH money is to be used to pay-off Budge's loan that bought the club and allow the FoH to take possession of the club.

I'm sure the FoH pledgers would rather they took care of the stand in their own time, once they had control as per their agreement.

I kinda get the feeling Mrs Budge loves the limelight and won't go quietly.