hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson

Left by mutual consent!

Kevin Thomson

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on him before now, lucky not to be sent off imo and not what he was brought in for. I hope Stubbsy pulls him aside and tells him as much. He was brought in to help the younger players with his experience, I felt he didn't bring that at all Tue night, quite the opposite in fact.
    He's going to get a run in the team by the look of things with Fyvie and Dylan being injured, we need your A game Kev not the stupid rash challenge Kev we saw Tue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Done a job especially on Walker who he kept quiet with several robust tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised there hasn't been a thread on him before now, lucky not to be sent off imo and not what he was brought in for. I hope Stubbsy pulls him aside and tells him as much. He was brought in to help the younger players with his experience, I felt he didn't bring that at all Tue night, quite the opposite in fact.
    He's going to get a run in the team by the look of things with Fyvie and Dylan being injured, we need your A game Kev not the stupid rash challenge Kev we saw Tue.
    You're at it. The only thing he was guilty of on Tuesday was running out of steam... as predicted. Done his job while on the park and was taken off at the right time.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Harsh.

Good guy to have round ER right now and good back up for Fyvie and Bartley. Kevin was always a bit prone to a lunge but his obvious quality always outweighed this. A few Jambos deserved seeing red a lot more than Kev..

Great performance from Thomson, he won the ball, it was the hearts players surrounding the ref that got him booked.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    A red for winning the ball? That's a new one.

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    Never a red, won the ball hard but fair.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    he got a yellow, thats all it deserved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Great performance from Thomson, he won the ball, it was the hearts players surrounding the ref that got him booked.
    Don't know where you were in the stadium but there was no need for him to lunge in like that, irrespective if he got the ball or not. He was fortunate not to have been booked before then and was spoken to by the ref about it, to lunge in like that afterwards was stupid and unnecessary, a booking is the least you are ever going to get for it, and why risk a red ? All my opinion of course, I just hope we don't see that side of him again.
    He was brought in to coach the young players, I don't want to see Hendo or McGinn add that to their game.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I was shocked at the yellow at first as it was a brilliant tackle. Won the ball and nowhere near the man. Kevin really wasn't happy at how the ref judged it either. But, after thinking about it, he kind of went in with a scissors type challenge which could be deemed wreckless. The fact the opposition player was about 2 foot away tho, I still dont think its a foul.

I wasnt overly keen on him returning, but he's been superb for 60 minutes in these 2 derby games.

Up until he ran out of steam he moved the ball quickly, took up good positions and didn't give walker a kick of the ball.
    Fine job if you ask me. Strange OP.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I'm nowhere near his biggest fan but even I can't deny he's done brilliantly since coming back. There was absolutely nothing wrong with his performance on Tuesday night.

He might finally win me over

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Up until he ran out of steam he moved the ball quickly, took up good positions and didn't give walker a kick of the ball.
    Fine job if you ask me. Strange OP.....
    .....if not entirely unexpected.

Coaching Staff
    I thought the tackle was a wee bit reckless but he did end up getting the ball.

Overall he was fine but there were two or three daft moments when he played the ball across the box in dangerous areas or turned and passed back into trouble.

With his exeprience he should be the one making sure we don't do these types of things.

That should have given you a clue....

Not sure if you're just looking for a with your posts but they're a bit mental like, IMHO

Nonsense

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Not again

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We were right behind the tackle, and my first thought was he could get sent off for that. The way some refs just over react and get the red card out without thinking these days when there's tackles like this is worrying, and maybe thats why i thought he could send him off?

Personally doing that scissor type movement contributes to these sending offs, even if you get the ball. Thomson has a habit of lunging tackles, which has contributed to him getting in trouble in the past.

It was certainly for me a heart in mouth moment, but thankfully he was only booked.

It was a Derby ffs!
    Loved thommo walking round the pitch at full time singing away to sunshine on leith with his arms in the air

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    A red for winning the ball? That's a new one.
    I'm guessing it depends on what team you support, that would influence your view I suppose... you and I (and others) obviously don't believe it's anywhere near a red!

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I thought he done what was needed, a few robust tackles on hearts better players to let them know how the game was going... After his tackle on Walker did we see much more of him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    You're at it. The only thing he was guilty of on Tuesday was running out of steam... as predicted. Done his job while on the park and was taken off at the right time.
    Agree he was good and no issue at all with him being aggressive. Thought the tackle he was booked for he clearly won the ball. Good experience to have around the pitch and in the dressing room IMO.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are an absolute bundle of joy Gail aren't you?

If its not Paul Hanlon its someone else.

Do you really have any idea about football and what makes a footballer and sometimes the jobs footballers are asked to do in a game?

KT has been around the game long enough to know what needed done and what he could and couldn't get away with.

Walker, who most yams saw as their main threat, did the square root of f all.

That tends to suggest that whatever tactics and personnel were deployed did exactly the job they were supposed to.

You're at it again, Kevin absolutely solid and did exactly what he was there to do, break up play and pass the ball forward which he did extremely well, he brings that wee bit grit to the midfield which is needed.

Only thing any young posters will learn from your thread as that you obviously really don't like Thomson.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Only thing any young posters will learn from your thread as that you obviously really don't like Thomson.
    To be honest this poster comes over as if they don't really like Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Won the ball.
    Hard but fair.
    Personally, pisses me off how that's even a foul in football but it's never in a million years a red card.
    Thomo did a job on Walker and kept him very quiet.
    Well done KT

Don't know where you were in the stadium but there was no need for him to lunge in like that, irrespective if he got the ball or not. He was fortunate not to have been booked before then and was spoken to by the ref about it, to lunge in like that afterwards was stupid and unnecessary, a booking is the least you are ever going to get for it, and why risk a red ? All my opinion of course, I just hope we don't see that side of him again. He was brought in to coach the young players, I don't want to see Hendo or McGinn add that to their game.
    No difference to the tackle made by a yam in the first half difference being our player didn't make a meal of it.

I've seen enough of KT in the 2 Derby games to see he will be an asset and once again you are making something out of totally nothing.

You forgetting McGinn getting sent off earlier in the season? Although it was rescinded he asked the question of the ref!

Once again I believe you are it it for the sake of being at it.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Not sure it's only Thomson????