hibs.net Messageboard

Cummings first Yellow

I've watched his celebration a number of times now... If we are going to start booking players for pretty much just standing in front of the oppositions fans then we have a serious problem. At not point did he make any gestures other than put his hands up nor did he leave the pitch ... Madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've watched his celebration a number of times now... If we are going to start booking players for pretty much just standing in front of the oppositions fans then we have a serious problem. At not point did he make any gestures other than put his hands up nor did he leave the pitch ... Madness

He did leave the pitch.

Of course he was goading them.

Yellow card, all day long.

I'm generally a mild-mannered sort but in the few seconds after Hibs lose a goal against Hearts I could kill. The last thing I need is Sam Nicholson rubbing his tadger or Rudi Skacel just being himself right in front of my face and it has happened too often for my liking.

It works both ways, our players just simply should not do it.

No excuses.

Blog Entries

He was winding up the opposition fans so nothing to complain about except a lack of consistency between refs and different associations. I would give a yellow every time and if the ref doesn't give it, the compliance officer should. If you don't stick to the rules, this type of behaviour will escalate and we've already had a fan injured recently because of opposition taunting. I understand his response but am quite disappointed that Cummings has weakened us for the next tie.

Very foolish booking after 3 minutes yes, but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He did leave the pitch.

Of course he was goading them.

Yellow card, all day long.

I'm generally a mild-mannered sort but in the few seconds after Hibs lose a goal against Hearts I could kill. The last thing I need is Sam Nicholson rubbing his tadger or Rudi Skacel just being himself right in front of my face and it has happened too often for my liking.

It works both ways, our players just simply should not do it.

No excuses.
    I really don't see a problem with his celebration. He's just scored a massive goal 3 minuted in to a derby so his body is obviously pumping with adrenaline. All he does is stand in front of them for 2 seconds before realising he should get away, never ever worthy of a booking.

Also, what's up with this whole "leaving the pitch" thing that everyone is talking about? Is that against the rules now? Because if it is that is beyond ridiculous. I can see an argument being made for punishing players who celebrate with the fans but I don't see what's wrong with going a couple of yard past the line

The rule is stupid Cummings gets booked for leaving the pitch but the others who go to congratulate him don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    Very foolish booking after 3 minutes yes, but hey...
    Of course his reaction after scoring is understandable but the euphoria wont be there an hour before the kick-off in the next tie. We'll be cursing the fact that a fit and prolific scorer is sitting in the stand. If I were Stubbs, 20% of me would be laughing but 80% of me would be livid at the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    I really don't see a problem with his celebration. He's just scored a massive goal 3 minuted in to a derby so his body is obviously pumping with adrenaline. All he does is stand in front of them for 2 seconds before realising he should get away, never ever worthy of a booking.

Also, what's up with this whole "leaving the pitch" thing that everyone is talking about? Is that against the rules now? Because if it is that is beyond ridiculous. I can see an argument being made for punishing players who celebrate with the fans but I don't see what's wrong with going a couple of yard past the line
    I don't know what the rules are exactly but I think they revolve around "leaving the field of play" and the amount of time it takes to get the game re-started.

I don't personally have a problem with players leaving the field of play and flinging themselves into the crowd - as long as it is their own fans.

Hanlon's celebration at Tynecastle was miles classier than Cummings' last night.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

nonsense that what he did is worthy of a yellow card.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't think any of our booking were worth a booking, but each and every one of those gimps should have been booked and then given the belt for wearing that ****in horrible top they continue to wear every week.

They really need to get a change of colour.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Leaving the field is explicitly mentioned in the laws as not a cautionable offence. Gestures that may be a booking include those that are provocative or offensive. In the olden days you had to pretty much go into the crowd or at the very least hurdle the advertising boards. I don't think Jason did anything wrong with his celebration and his booking was harsh.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I will never fathom why anyone would score in a Derby and subsequently gode the opposition fans.

If I were to ever score against hearts for hibs, I'd be nowhere near that lot. Cheap booking, very cheap.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I will never fathom why anyone would score in a Derby and subsequently gode the opposition fans.

If I were to ever score against hearts for hibs, I'd be nowhere near that lot. Cheap booking, very cheap.
    Really, i'd be giving them the biggest **** off of my life, i'd try and stand on the crossbar goading them into coming on to fight me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It was a bookable offence. Stupid and very costly.

When Sauzee scored at the hearts end in the millennium derby, his celebration was infinitely better than Jason's last night.

He ran determinedly to the Hibs end to celebrate with his own fans. That's so much classier than 2 seconds taunting your opponents.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Really, i'd be giving them the biggest **** off of my life, i'd try and stand on the crossbar goading them into coming on to fight me.
    Ha ha
    I was talking to Jason before the 1st game, told him if he scored at against them not to make gestures and get a silly booking.
    He said I try, but just can't help it.
    Know what you mean BH
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 17-02-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The booking was ridiculous. If anything I think he showed great restraint. We've all seen far worse go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    It's a ***** rule but it is a booking. He leaves the pitch.

What a load of bollocks! You give it out for 90 minutes to the player, you expect a bit back if he scores against you! If you can't handle that without 'losing it' then it says more about your temper, of course we don't like it and you shout a few expletives however if a player standing in front of you celebrating with his arms out saying 'yes it's me again' is worthy of you wanting to lob the barrier then more fool you! The game is dying a death entertainment wise, and this is another nail in the coffin! And those comparing it to nicholsons are having a laugh, Nicholson would have been within his rights to 'give a bit back' instead he chose to play with himself in some weird sexual fetish!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    It's a ***** rule but it is a booking. He leaves the pitch.

Page 128 on this link. Leaving the pitch is not a booking.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/Foot...EN_Neutral.pdf
    ​#PERSEVERED

Is a daft rule but it's a rule nonetheless and the players know that. If one of their players did that to us and never got booked we'd be going daft.

He then sees the referee book Oxley for time wasting, sees him give a second booking to a Hearts player for dissent. We are now 1-0 up against 10 men with an official who is applying rules strictly. Two minutes later he kicks the ball away. As a result he misses the next cup tie. Whether you think the rules are ridiculous or not they are they are the rules and he has to be aware of possible repercussions.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

If I scored at the FF in a derby I would run right to the other end of the pitch to celebrate in front of them.

Cheap and petty I know, but I've seen them jumping up and down with glee and one too many undeserved goal and it would be the ultimate schaudenfraude.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

He left the confines of the playing area, gestured in front of the away fans with his arms out wide and was always going to be booked for doing so, you only had to see the reaction of them to him to know that he was a cert to be booked. Silly yellow card but was always going to given one for it.