hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deeks & Jason

Deeks & Jason

Is it just me, but for the last few months now Jason had has got in to the same habit that Deeks use to do(in his second stint)....go out to the wing and then cut back in and try curling the ball into the far corner?
    And just like Deeks, he has become to predictable and easier to defend against

btw...I thought he should have been sub at half time tonight!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=The_Sauz;4584958]Is it just me, but for the last few months now Jason had has got in to the same habit that Deeks use to do(in his second stint)....go out to the wing and then cut back in and try curling the ball into the far corner?

btw...I thought he should have been sub at half time tonight![/QUOT

Utter bollox.

[QUOTE=Bearders;4585211]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me, but for the last few months now Jason had has got in to the same habit that Deeks use to do(in his second stint)....go out to the wing and then cut back in and try curling the ball into the far corner?

btw...I thought he should have been sub at half time tonight![/QUOT

Utter bollox.
    Love a well structured debate. 👍

I see no comparison between Riordan and Cummings now or ever before . For me Riordan is possibly the best striker I`ve seen play for Hibs in the 49 years I`ve been watching the club ( only saw Baker on his return ) while Cummings wouldn`t even get in top 10 ( maybe not even top 20 ) . At Tynecastle he hardly touched the ball till the goal , today I didn`t realise he was playing till I heard his name on Hibs TV commentary just before half time and he seems to have been off form since before new year . Anyway he`s still young and I hope he proves me wrong this season and hopefully in top division next year .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    I see no comparison between Riordan and Cummings now or ever before . For me Riordan is possibly the best striker I`ve seen play for Hibs in the 49 years I`ve been watching the club ( only saw Baker on his return ) while Cummings wouldn`t even get in top 10 ( maybe not even top 20 ) . At Tynecastle he hardly touched the ball till the goal , today I didn`t realise he was playing till I heard his name on Hibs TV commentary just before half time and he seems to have been off form since before new year . Anyway he`s still young and I hope he proves me wrong this season and hopefully in top division next year .
    who are the top 20? (doesnt have to be in order)

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    Good challenge :)

Gordon Durie, Willie Irvine, Garry O'Connor, Stevie Crawford, Darren Jackson, George Best, Steven Fletcher, Anthony Stokes, Alan Gordon, Jimmy O'Rourke, Joe Harper...help!

Coaching Staff
    Not sure Jason has been the same since Derek hasn't been training with us.

It's just you.

Deeks was more clever than that.

On the pitch anyway.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post

Gordon Durie, Willie Irvine, Garry O'Connor, Stevie Crawford, Darren Jackson, George Best, Steven Fletcher, Anthony Stokes, Alan Gordon, Jimmy O'Rourke, Joe Harper...help!
    Archibald. Griffiths. Dom 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Not sure Jason has been the same since Derek hasn't been training with us.
    Seriously?

Keith Keith Keith, joe Mcbride, Colin Stein,

Not gonna help:) but how can u have stevie crawford and not at very least mention keith wright steve archibald

Ally McLeod

Very good question ! If you`re asking because you disagree I presume you`ve not just seen recent years . Quick answer but not all 10 or 20 ( not in order ) : Riordan , MacLeod , O`Rourke , Gordon , Willie Irvine ( both ? ) , Archibald , Baker , Fletcher , Cormack , Luna , GOC , Malonga , Eoin Doyle , Benji , Andy Walker , Stokes , Griffiths , ... Maybe better to leave question for another thread since it all depends on how team plays ( form and tactics ) and I`m certainly not criticising Cummings ( great player who I hope helps us to win titles this year ) .

Stevie Archibald, Benji, Stevie Cowan

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Keith Wright, Mixu Paatelainen must be in there. Maybe Kenny Miller? Chris Killen also had a very impressive scoring record at Hibs.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 13-02-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Very good question ! If you`re asking because you disagree I presume you`ve not just seen recent years . Quick answer but not all 10 or 20 ( not in order ) : Riordan , MacLeod , O`Rourke , Gordon , Willie Irvine ( both ? ) , Archibald , Baker , Fletcher , Cormack , Luna , GOC , Malonga , Eoin Doyle , Benji , Andy Walker , Stokes , Griffiths , ... Maybe better to leave question for another thread since it all depends on how team plays ( form and tactics ) and I`m certainly not criticising Cummings ( great player who I hope helps us to win titles this year ) .
    Not disagreeing just thought it would be a good question

Coaching Staff
    Always liked Marc Librra.

Left by mutual consent!
    Benji?

We have had some great strikers ( Baker and Archibald stick out because they had been world class and were still at a very high level when playing for Hibs , in case of Baker I only saw him on his return but he was still great - I`m excited about LC final in March but as I look back on big matches in last 50 years which include about 15 finals at Hampden , Hibs v Aberdeen at Holy Ground in January 1971 was a massive match - return of Joe Baker , Pat Stanton scores after Aberdeen had been about 15 games without letting in a goal etc etc ) .

Not disagreeing just thought it would be a good question
    Sorry , I thought it was a defence of Cummings ( good player but a long long way from being considered in company of names people have named above ) .

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    You missed out James Collins scored the day as well

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    You missed out James Collins scored the day as well

James Collins? Seriously?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    James Collins? Seriously?
    😆

First Team Breakthrough
    Jase is only 20 Deek started playing for the first team when he was 20. Jase is only get better with age

We have had some great strikers ( Baker and Archibald stick out because they had been world class and were still at a very high level when playing for Hibs , in case of Baker I only saw him on his return but he was still great - I`m excited about LC final in March but as I look back on big matches in last 50 years which include about 15 finals at Hampden , Hibs v Aberdeen at Holy Ground in January 1971 was a massive match - return of Joe Baker , Pat Stanton scores after Aberdeen had been about 15 games without letting in a goal etc etc ) .
    That was some day. I was 4 months short of my 10th birthday and was in the North Enclosure with my pal. we'd come on our own on the bus from Hyvots. I didn't really know who he was but I understood JB's return was a step up from the second coming. And he didn't let us down, a goal, an assist, hit the bar and white boots!!!! He could've been God. But Paddy already had that gig covered.

First Team Regular

Deeks predictable? Scored over 100 goals for hibs, had an excellent touch, good vision, could score tap ins, beauties, free kicks and was one of very few players at hibs who could finish brilliantly with both feet.

Just watched (again) his video on YouTube, some absolutely phenomenal goals. Definitely unpredictable.

Which one?

He's actually done this all season. Loves to cut in and go across the box and shoot. Sometimes it works (The Rangers game) but lately hasn't worked!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's actually done this all season. Loves to cut in and go across the box and shoot. Sometimes it works (The Rangers game) but lately hasn't worked!
    It's definitely one way of beating the packed defences that we come up against in the majority of our games.