hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Typical Hibs'

'Typical Hibs'

Comments about 'hibsing it' and 'typical hibs' all over different social media.. really?

As if every time we draw or lose, it's because it can OBVIOUSLY only happen to Hibs? Seriously, this whole typical hibs mindset needs to go. We weren't at our best today, in fact we were very poor, and didn't deserve to win. But it certainly wasn't a case of a 'bottlejob', did anyone watch the derby the other day? Or any of the other games this season in which we've scored late winners or ground out narrow one goal margin victories. Today, I suspect was a result of complacency with guys having one eye on the derby.

Anyway, let's not overreact to the disappointment of this result. I trust that this side will not 'hibs it' or any of that p**h come the end of the season, or in the cup final, and we'll have success to celebrate.

On to Tuesday, let's get right behind the boys.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nowt to do with bottling it or 'Hibsing it' (do people actually say that?) and all to do with a pish performance in crap conditions.

Disappointing but we move on.

Left by mutual consent!
    The bottling comments get on my tits.

It may be the case but not in every bloody game we fail to wn.

Hibs have been great better than expected BUT we had 3 very important games Todays, we failed to win, Tuesdays and the cup final I think after those games we can make a decision on the teams bottle

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It may be the case but not in every bloody game we fail to wn.

It's old, tired and totally inappropriate. People who don't watch us tend to enjoy attaching labels like that.

Let them think we'll be pish on Tuesday as well.

We had a bad day at the office to repeat what Stubbs said. You could see within about ten minutes that it was going to be a frustrating day and trying to pick ourselves up from the highs in the last couple of weeks was going to be tough. Difficult not to be thinking ahead to Tuesday either and avoiding any injury.

Another game less but no better and no better off than we were at 3pm today. Probability is that we will be trying to get promotion through the play offs but it's not over until the fat lady sings. Win our game in hand and our home game against the Rangers would certainly help the cause.

Doing my best to keep my chin up rather than getting too disappointed over an away draw in difficult conditions. Could have been worse as well if Gary Glenn had scored against us.

We move on to Tuesday against the Jambos in front of a full house under the floodlights. If the players weren't up for it today then I'm sure they will come 7.45 pm on Tuesday.

Keep the faith. Easy to criticise the players on their performance today but they're the same guys who made us proud against St Johnstone and the Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Comments about 'hibsing it' and 'typical hibs' all over different social media.........................
    .........Thats as far as I got, ignore these Keyboard clowns... Next

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the OP is a nutter

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    the OP is a nutter
    A Hibby too.

e are bottlers and have been over a long period I have been watching them. Tonight was a great chance wasted to put pressure on. We played poorly n the first half but had chances but he second half never seemed to up the tempo required. Boyle should have been on with 30 mins left as Gray had acres of space but couldn't get past or wasted the ball in. Double subs too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Lang Toun hibby View Post
    e are bottlers and have been over a long period I have been watching them. Tonight was a great chance wasted to put pressure on. We played poorly n the first half but had chances but he second half never seemed to up the tempo required. Boyle should have been on with 30 mins left as Gray had acres of space but couldn't get past or wasted the ball in. Double subs too late!
    Maybe you should watch the team we have now a bit more often then.

Calling is bottlers is lazy tripe and unfair on the current team.

With friends like these....

Season ticket holder and following them for nearly 50 years and apart from a few occasions when it really matters they always let you down.
    I have been there too many times and we don’t get the name as bottlers by accident it has happened so often but hay ho you will wake upp and smell the coffee some day, unfortunately.

Season ticket holder and following them for nearly 50 years and apart from a few occasions when it really matters they always let you down.
    I have been there too many times and we don’t get the name as bottlers by accident it has happened so often but hay ho you will wake upp and smell the coffee some day, unfortunately.
    So you're going to label this team bottlers because of what previous ones did?

It's you that needs to wake up.

Today is far from the worst case we have seen but it is hard to argue with your points. As i said in another thread we had 3big games today we failed to win Tuesday and the cup final will go along way to decieding how this team is remembered
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 13-02-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Happy Valley, Happy clapper! Seen much better teams than this one and they too bottled it as well.
    I don't normally post on here cause of response like yours. Goodnight!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    You expect them from Yams. Not anybody that has watched this team this season.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Our boy's can never be labelled bottlers !
    Tonight's game is over and done with,hopefully no injuries picked up ?
    Let's all get behind the team on Tuesday night and send these deluded Jambo's back to Gorgie spewing. GGTTH

Happy Valley, Happy clapper! Seen much better teams than this one and they too bottled it as well.
    Do you only come on here to criticise the team? Every one of your posts, okay there's not many, have slated someone or other. You're obviously entitled to you opinion but maybe you should get yourself on here when you have something decent to say otherwise people will think you're a Jambo.

For you information I've also seen much better teams than the present one which should have done better than they did.

Goodnight.

It was very disappointing.. but onwards & upwards eh. Some of the people on here need to step away from the keyboard!

No matter what they say in the press about not bottling it etc. when it has came to the games that really mean something like today/sevco last year and this season we haven't done enough. Not bashing the team but this is a fact and why we are still in the championship and behind the Rangers.

We need to find a way of sorting that soon so we progress further. Stubbs is doing a good job at hibs and brought back the feel good factor to the club. I just feel we need to play with wide players and pace in this league. we rely heavily on our full backs but I don't think Stevenson and Gray are the type of full backs we need in our system (not that they are bad players just in the wrong system) and it's something Stubbs must see is needed in this league at times for us to progress. He is still a young manager and hopefully will learn to take us and his career to the next level

I've said elsewhere and I'll say here: So. We dropped points today. Some may say whilst the pressure was on. But let's not forget what these lads have done for us over the past few weeks. Whilst a blip isn't ideal, in my view it's acceptable given the effort we've seen in recent weeks. I was annoyed at the game and immediately thereafter, but after an hour or so's reflection, I don't think all is lost. Up to us to support the team through on Tuesday and thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Hibs have been great better than expected BUT we had 3 very important games Todays, we failed to win, Tuesdays and the cup final I think after those games we can make a decision on the teams bottle
    Based on that performance we will not necesarrily beat the yams next week.

Disappointing but true.

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGlass View Post
    I've said elsewhere and I'll say here: So. We dropped points today. Some may say whilst the pressure was on. But let's not forget what these lads have done for us over the past few weeks. Whilst a blip isn't ideal, in my view it's acceptable given the effort we've seen in recent weeks. I was annoyed at the game and immediately thereafter, but after an hour or so's reflection, I don't think all is lost. Up to us to support the team through on Tuesday and thereafter.
    Come on - it was Livingston.

That was not just a blip. We were ineffective.

The yams, will/would have beaten us today.

Not good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Arantes View Post
    Based on that performance we will not necesarrily beat the yams next week.

Disappointing but true.
    Replied to a similar post on another thread ,can't disagree with your statement but Tuesday nights game will be totally different with an Atmosphere to lift the players .
    My only word of caution would be that if the fans who are saying they expected a performance like this coming given our run of difficult games , then these same players don't have much rest before Tuesday so if fatigue was a factor it could still be a factor as the game goes on on Tuesday
    But will be there to see how it pans out and already have my ticket for the Alloa game as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A 0-0 away draw in the league is pretty flimsy evidence of 'bottling it'. We've had several tough matches recently and didn't play well tonight; it happens.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Bound to happen eventually. Conditions played a part too.

I thought the conditions were dreadful and players found it hard to adapt, not an excuse but a reason, onwards and upwards here we go, mon the hibs,,

Both Hibs and Rangers ought to have won their games comfortably today, but neither did.

However, as we went second knowing we could close the gap, I can't help but feel we blew it.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Gaun nae further after readin this, but will soon read the rest, but effing yes, when the huns churn out results, if we do not, then the mentalty is effing NOT top class. Having attended virtually every game of our last 2 times ge tting promoted, & enjoying & observing all that that entailed, today was a damp squib, & NAEBODY can deny that. There is plenty ubers around the now, how many of you uber ubers were there in our last promotion races, & if you were there, be effing honest when points were tight, how gutting is a draw like that? Its a promotion RACE. Nae place for slip ups. But at least the ubers will have plenty loyalty points.

If your posts are normally met with people telling you that things aren't that bad then maybe you should have a look at what you post. Labelling this team as "bottlers" because we drew a match makes you seem detached from what is actually going on right now and you're letting your past experiences cloud your judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Gaun nae further after readin this, but will soon read the rest, but effing yes, when the huns churn out results, if we do not, then the mentalty is effing NOT top class. Having attended virtually every game of our last 2 times ge tting promoted, & enjoying & observing all that that entailed, today was a damp squib, & NAEBODY can deny that. There is plenty ubers around the now, how many of you uber ubers were there in our last promotion races, & if you were there, be effing honest when points were tight, how gutting is a draw like that? Its a promotion RACE. Nae place for slip ups. But at least the ubers will have plenty loyalty points.
    Firstly, what's an "uber"? If it's someone that can look at things in a rational fashion and then make judgements then count me in. If it's someone who gives Hibernian the benefit of the doubt then I'm also guilty. I don't see anyone being unjustifiably cheery.

You have both used your long term experiences as supporters to justify your opinions so come on then, do any of you want to explain why you think this team are "bottlers" or they don't have a "top class mentality"?
    You've said that its been this way for a while but the players are different so what's the common trait? Is it the ground? Is it the owners? Is it the supporters? Is it a gypsy curse? It has to be something because the people on the pitch are different every time.

Better players with a better mentality within a decent infrastructure win matches more often than not and that's what's been lacking. Unfortunately it's a sport and they lose matches as well but that seems to get lost in all the wallowing in the past.

We drew today in difficult circumstances yet were being labelled bottlers. Short term memory is the first to start going apparently.