hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Loyalty Scheme - Back To The Drawing Board

The Loyalty Scheme has caused a lot of in fighting between Hibs fans and I'm sure the Hibs board are fed up with all the grief received since its induction.

I would be all for scrapping the current scheme, get back to the drawing board and set up a brand new scheme. A working party should be set up where fans would be able to give their opinions and input into how the new scheme should work, how points should be awarded and to whom.

To me the aims are simple and there should be two schemes set up :

Loyalty scheme - Rewarding fans who attend away games. 1 point should be awarded for away games only. Only season ticket holders can register for the Loyalty Scheme. This would be done on a rolling system of say 15 games.

Reward Scheme (similar idea to a Tesco Clubcard) where fans giving money to the club, through the shop, and other Hibernian outlets are given points according to their spend. These points can be redeemed against further purchases in the Hibernian outlets.

I obviously don't have any idea of the feasibility of either scheme or the set up costs etc. but one thing I do know is the current scheme is not working.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Loyalty Scheme has caused a lot of in fighting between Hibs fans and I'm sure the Hibs board are fed up with all the grief received since its induction.

I would be all for scrapping the current scheme, get back to the drawing board and set up a brand new scheme. A working party should be set up where fans would be able to give their opinions and input into how the new scheme should work, how points should be awarded and to whom.

To me the aims are simple and there should be two schemes set up :

Loyalty scheme - Rewarding fans who attend away games. 1 point should be awarded for away games only. Only season ticket holders can register for the Loyalty Scheme. This would be done on a rolling system of say 15 games.

Reward Scheme (similar idea to a Tesco Clubcard) where fans giving money to the club, through the shop, and other Hibernian outlets are given points according to their spend. These points can be redeemed against further purchases in the Hibernian outlets.

I obviously don't have any idea of the feasibility of either scheme or the set up costs etc. but one thing I do know is the current scheme is not working.
    Given the bother that this scheme has caused and the money it's costing the club dealing with people complaining about it, I very much doubt that anyone at the club will see two such schemes as the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 points ST
    25 half ST
    10 Hibs TV
    2 points home game
    1 point away game

Simple and the smaller numbers make it seem more manageable imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't know any regular fan who hasn't managed to get a ticket for a big game? We only have 6 sell outs since it started, the hearts replay, the semi at tynie, away games at tynie and ibrox. What doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Given the bother that this scheme has caused and the money it's costing the club dealing with people complaining about it, I very much doubt that anyone at the club will see two such schemes as the solution.

So how do you see the loyalty scheme progressing in the future and what do you think the club could do to reduce the number of complaints ?

If stays as is i won't be renewing our 3 season tix for reasons discussed in other threads but I'm curious about your comment about people complaining costing club money.

Not sure what you mean mate. Can you elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    I don't know any regular fan who hasn't managed to get a ticket for a big game? We only have 6 sell outs since it started, the hearts replay, the semi at tynie, away games at tynie and ibrox. What doesn't work?

Very much this. Think its fine, it rewards season ticket purchasers first and then those that go regularly next.

The loyalty scheme is working fine, not perfect, but it was only put in place towards the end of last season and games like the semi, Hearts away and the replay will be where Hibs can learn from any mistakes in order to improve it.

@hibs.net private member
    So how do you see the loyalty scheme progressing in the future and what do you think the club could do to reduce the number of complaints ?
    I haven't really been paying much attention to this points thing. I sort of think about it the way I think about Sainsbury or Tesco loyalty points. I know they're there but they are not the reason I use these shops. How many complaints have there been?

Loyalty Scheme - Back To The Drawing Board

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    If stays as is i won't be renewing our 3 season tix for reasons discussed in other threads but I'm curious about your comment about people complaining costing club money.

Every time someone emails the club or calls to complain about the loyalty points, one of the very small admin team at Hibs has to deal with it. Under the old system, nobody complained. Now they are dealing with questions and queries on an daily basis. It's stopping them from doing other things. And the loyalty point scheme doesn't sell extra tickets, it just distributes them. So any time spent administering the system costs Hibs money. Money that could be better spent on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I haven't really been paying much attention to this points thing. I sort of think about it the way I think about Sainsbury or Tesco loyalty points. I know they're there but they are not the reason I use these shops. How many complaints have there been?
    There's been a lot of complaints from people who don't have enough points for big away games and from people who can't sit beside their mates because they don't have enough points.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post

Please point me in the direction of the other threads. No criticism intended or implied, I genuinely want to have a read as, with so much positivity around, I'm surprised and disappointed to to hear there are currently reasons for a ST holder walking away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    There's been a lot of complaints from people who don't have enough points for big away games and from people who can't sit beside their mates because they don't have enough points.
    Okay, but what is a lot? Is there a number on this or are we just making assumptions?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Please point me in the direction of the other threads. No criticism intended or implied, I genuinely want to have a read as, with so much positivity around, I'm surprised and disappointed to to hear there are currently reasons for a ST holder walking away.
    It's not a case of a season ticket holder walking away, it's a season ticket holder not renewing and becoming a walk up fan.

United we stand here....

Okay, but what is a lot? Is there a number on this or are we just making assumptions?
    There are a few threads on HSL and loyalty points. The loyalty points complaint also appears regularly on ticket threads.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Very much this. Think its fine, it rewards season ticket purchasers first and then those that go regularly next.
    This.

It works fine. Easter Road is Half empty every week. If we were filling it each week then there would've been more caution to the way tickets were sold.

You'll have to forgive the club on this one for not thinking the game would be a sell-out (possibly).

We, as fans, cannot throw the toys out of the pram for 1 game. Plenty of other tickets available throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The loyalty scheme is working fine, not perfect, but it was only put in place towards the end of last season and games like the semi, Hearts away and the replay will be where Hibs can learn from any mistakes in order to improve it.

Not working fine IMO

Tin hat on here.. lets take Tincastle away in the cup... loyalty point scheme in operation, if my memory serves me right and no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong only 2 brackets were used something like:

over 300 and something points think that counts for about 500 -600 fans

over 180 point this accounts for about 8000 fighting over 3000 tickets

so fans with 180 probably got tickets for Tincastle and fans with more points didn't..
    Last edited by Hibby Riki; 10-02-2016 at 01:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It's not a case of a season ticket holder walking away, it's a season ticket holder not renewing and becoming a walk up fan.
    Thanks, that makes a lot more sense

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    How do you measure (if indeed you can) the "success" of a scheme?
    I'd suggest complaints is too blunt a measurement. You'd need to look at the nature of the complaints or "mistakes" to understand whether something needs addresses.

Some could complain that "I was a ST holder before the qualification period" but rules apply to all. Administration issues with people moving but not telling.... Would these justify scrapping a system? Any scheme will need to be monitored and adapted where needed as demand varies. We were in a fairly unique position - HSL points well wasn't that a net gain for the club ? It'll be a one-off.

Something needed to be done to make things less of a lottery. It might not be advantageous for everyone but neither is a democracy I suppose. It's when its wholly unfair for a sizeable number that's wrong.

I've only caught a little on the block booking thing (the bounce?) but it's something the club needs to take a serious look at one of the drivers for folks going to games is to be with their family/mates surely that needs to be addressed in a sensible way. I and others in LWT covered this with Scott Lindsay when the club first enganged with us.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

If you think its working fine I would suggest you speak to someone within the club who has to deal with numerous complaints on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by guyll123 View Post
    This.

It works fine. Easter Road is Half empty every week. If we were filling it each week then there would've been more caution to the way tickets were sold.

You'll have to forgive the club on this one for not thinking the game would be a sell-out (possibly).

We, as fans, cannot throw the toys out of the pram for 1 game. Plenty of other tickets available throughout the season.
    I think this week has shown that having the loyalty point system where different people are allowed to buy on different day can adversely affect sales if people can't buy seats together. By letting everyone buy at the same time this week sales were higher than most thought possible.

If you think its working fine I would suggest you speak to someone within the club who has to deal with numerous complaints on a regular basis.
    Exactly. It is costing the club money it can ill afford and it brings in zero extra revenue.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Just what we needed, another loyalty points debate

Personally I don't see the problem with it. It rewards fans that go home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Riki View Post
    Tin hat on here.. lets take Tincastle away in the cup... loyalty point scheme in operation, if my memory serves me right and no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong only 2 brackets were used something like:

so fans with 180 probably got tickets for Tincastle and fans with more points didn't..
    1st phase was 3,100 fans in the top bracket (over c.296 points), with the additional 300 that were put on sale, together with the approx 200-300 that weren't taken up in the 1st phase

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    There are a few threads on HSL and loyalty points. The loyalty points complaint also appears regularly on ticket threads.
    Okay but there are often lots of threads about stuff but when it all boils down to it, its the same person or few people that appear so often that people think in terms of "a lot". A lot of noise made by a few people can lead to an inflated view of the problem. Just look at the way hearts players made so much of a big deal about one tackle, the thing got blown out of proportion and three Hibs players were booked. I just feel there is too much made of the grumbles of a few when they appear on fan websites. It is healthy to be able to share views and opinions but a little bit of perspective would not go amiss when making wild claims about numbers

@hibs.net private member
    I have had a season ticket every season bar last season for the past 7 seasons. I still went to most of the home games as well as some away last season but because I bought my ticket at the ground I didn't get credited any loyalty points. As a result I didn't have enough points for the game at the PBS. However we need to have some sort of scheme in place and I think the current one is as good as we are likely to get (except perhaps going back a few more seasons). I contribute to HSL but I don't think giving money through this or spending in the shop should be able to buy you loyalty points. Loyalty points should be for people who actually go to the games regularly, watching and (hopefully) cheering the team on.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I think this week has shown that having the loyalty point system where different people are allowed to buy on different day can adversely affect sales if people can't buy seats together. By letting everyone buy at the same time this week sales were higher than most thought possible.

It's against them in the cup, and the games no on the telly. That's the reason it's sold so well.

I dinnae understand this whole "cannae sit with my mates" thing. Any loyalty system we put in place is going to mean someone who has more points can get a ticket before their mate who has less points. That's no a fault with the system, thats the point of the system, reward those who go most.

They could perhaps look at bringing in more brackets when selling for big away games, but other than that the system is doing what its meant to do as far as I'm concerned.

First Team Breakthrough
    Every time someone emails the club or calls to complain about the loyalty points, one of the very small admin team at Hibs has to deal with it. Under the old system, nobody complained. Now they are dealing with questions and queries on an daily basis. It's stopping them from doing other things. And the loyalty point scheme doesn't sell extra tickets, it just distributes them. So any time spent administering the system costs Hibs money. Money that could be better spent on the park.

Totally agree with this. Any unnecessary cost to the club should be done away with. I would scrap it completely and go back to season ticket holders getting priority for buying limited availability tickets. Im speaking as someone who probably benefits from the scheme, I've always been in the first wave of sales for games. Id just rather there was no unnecessary cost or burden to the club and go back to first come first served.
    Like i said, ive not missed out on any games since the loyalty scheme was introduced, but also I've never once in the last 30 years before the loyalty scheme came in not got a ticket for any game i wanted to go to. All seems really unnecessary to me, causes confusion, arguments and unnecessary work for staff at the club.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Exactly. It is costing the club money it can ill afford and it brings in zero extra revenue.

How much is it costing the club? It's a new system, there's always complaints when a new system is rolled out. Hibs should have expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Riki View Post

At the time of the Rangers away game the club stated that 800 fans had 411+, 4500 fans had 360+ and 7600 fans had 180+