hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

Im not one for promoting violence in any way shape or form.
    Is it only me that wants to smack this guy in the mouth?
    The last two weeks ive been subjected to his attempts at sarcastic digs aimed at Hibs and their players.
    To be quite polite about it, he just gets on my nerves! (thats me being polite)

Last week it was the inane voice when Hibs scored, that sound of disappointment he couldnt mask!
    Then throwing it in that the attendance that day was the third sell out crowd at Tynecastle.
    He must think he is amusing but i dont know how?
    Id heard to from a jambo pal of mine he had taken to twitter after the games slating the Hibs support for fighting with police, stealing from a refreshment kiosk causing trouble outside the stadium banging on stationery buses? Yet i never noticed any of this from where i was sitting or being reported after the game?

Yesterday at half time he was announcing the former players who were taking penalties and advised that Mickey Weir was supposed to attend but had to pull out injured. if he didnt believe he was injured then he should have asked Mickey and not made assumptions over the microphone.

Im sorry if you all think this trivial but the guys a plonker and spoils my day out having to listen to him!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I get your point although as much as I think he is a knob he is also a really good announcer and I wish Hibs had their own version of him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    And breathe!

I'm sure you know this already, but that's exactly the reaction he wants.

He's there for to entertain and amuse his own support, not us, and there's nothing more entertaining or amusing than baiting your biggest rivals when they're in the "stadium.

The semi-final against St Johnstone was slightly different in that we (jointly with the other 3 semi-finalists) had hired the ground, so were entitled to expect a certain level of service, but the only thing he did of note was his little jibe about sell out crowds which is hardy crime of the century.

He's not the worst thing about derby games at the PBS by a long shot, and he's not the reason that I've given up going to them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

nevertheless he is a knob, of the highest order

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im not one for promoting violence in any way shape or form.
    Is it only me that wants to smack this guy in the mouth?
    The last two weeks ive been subjected to his attempts at sarcastic digs aimed at Hibs and their players.
    To be quite polite about it, he just gets on my nerves! (thats me being polite)

Last week it was the inane voice when Hibs scored, that sound of disappointment he couldnt mask!
    Then throwing it in that the attendance that day was the third sell out crowd at Tynecastle.
    He must think he is amusing but i dont know how?
    Id heard to from a jambo pal of mine he had taken to twitter after the games slating the Hibs support for fighting with police, stealing from a refreshment kiosk causing trouble outside the stadium banging on stationery buses? Yet i never noticed any of this from where i was sitting or being reported after the game?

Yesterday at half time he was announcing the former players who were taking penalties and advised that Mickey Weir was supposed to attend but had to pull out injured. if he didnt believe he was injured then he should have asked Mickey and not made assumptions over the microphone.

Im sorry if you all think this trivial but the guys a plonker and spoils my day out having to listen to him!!
    Having looked at Scott Wilson's Twitter feed there was nothing on it about Hibs fans.
    But I agree he's a wind up merchant. The thing is he could cause real problems with the likes of the Old Firm if he makes snide digs at them as those Rangers & Celtic types are not exactly known for being balanced or good humoured.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Funnily enough he stopped tweeting after their 2nd goal

can I just add, I have no intention of being accused of being balanced or good humoured, when it comes to the gorgie mob.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    He sets himself up for a fall when things go wrong for them though. GIRUY scotty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Post of the day

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I take it he runs the jambos twitter?

@hibs.net private member
    He's a wind up merchant, I wish the Hibs stadium announcer was good as him. Jambos love him and everyone else thinks he's a dick.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Wind up merchant who's best ignored. Imagine being subjected to him every other week!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    His comments don't bother me in the slightest, I just take it as a bit of banter. The biggest thing that will stick in his craw, and probably every Yams fans craw too, is, whilst they keep proclaiming about sell out crowds every week, the biggest crowd of the season at Tynecastle was our game against the Saints, whilst Sunday was their 2nd biggest crowd, meaning Hibs have their top two attendances of the season so far.

I remember him from away back when he was the announcer at Scottish Claymore games at Murrayfield and thought he was fine.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I get your point although as much as I think he is a knob he is also a really good announcer and I wish Hibs had their own version of him.
    Unfortunately I can understand everything he says, including all the verbal diarrhea. I don't know if that's down to the quality of the sound system at piggery park or simply because he's a better announcer than the guy at ER.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'm going to a wedding in June and this clown is the DJ for the evening

The bride and groom have told him they don't want it to become a football banter night but you just know he will slip some reference to the Jambos/Hibs in there especially as one of the Hertz players is also attending.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

The bride and groom have told him they don't want it to become a football banter night but you just know he will slip some reference to the Jambos/Hibs in there especially as one of the Hertz players is also attending.
    If he's any good he will stick to the brief. He is being paid to be a professional, not the stadium announcer in Dounreay..... He'll be getting booked via an agency and he may be sought after but bad feedback is bad feedback .... My money is actually on he'd leave it alone. Remember there may be a Jambo in the audience but for all he knows the entire rest of the male guests are all ex Casuals. He'd be stupid to take the chance

Scott is a good friend of mine. Scott is the best announcer in the country. He did not wind up anyone on the semi final day he played the proclaimers when we scored. SW is the most professional media guy I know. He loves his football he loves the banter with all teams. He hates know one I have had him at Hibs matches and takes all banter well. Our issue is that we don't have a decent announcer or a club that wants to wind people up we sacked the guy for playing the tax man. Chill out and learn to take the banter as well as dish it out. He is not a knob but a passionate supporter and as he said the best job in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubbish the money charges he will be a total professional.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Having looked at Scott Wilson's Twitter feed there was nothing on it about Hibs fans.
    But I agree he's a wind up merchant. The thing is he could cause real problems with the likes of the Old Firm if he makes snide digs at them as those Rangers & Celtic types are not exactly known for being balanced or good humoured.
    I was at a game where Scott ridiculed them because the booed kids think it was the night off the Lennon attack and again he had ago at his own support

Do hearts fans get all wound up and storm out the pantomime when Grant Stott starts?

Guy is a class A ****er but tbh his patter and his constant obsession with digging at hibs every time he opens his mouth is boring now so I don't bother getting annoyed at it. Bit cringey however that he talks about and digs at hibs over the mic at tynecastle even when we aren't playing them haha! Nice to know we are such a thorn in his side!

Everyone apart from hearts fans can see what a classless, hibs obsessed tit he is and thats good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    If he's any good he will stick to the brief. He is being paid to be a professional, not the stadium announcer in Dounreay..... He'll be getting booked via an agency and he may be sought after but bad feedback is bad feedback .... My money is actually on he'd leave it alone. Remember there may be a Jambo in the audience but for all he knows the entire rest of the male guests are all ex Casuals. He'd be stupid to take the chance

We'll see, he's actually doing it as favour as he was asked directly by the player who is a good friend of the groom.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I don't mind him, as grown to ignore his 'banter', but why get a Hearts mention ('another sell out crowd') at the end of the semi final of a national cup competition, when it was completely inappropriate. You need to have a lot of self-confidence to do his job, but he seems to always want to be the centre of attention.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brilliant at what he does.I'm amazed so many Hibs supporters are at Tynecastle so often that they are annoyed every time he opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Rubbish the money charges he will be a total professional.

Calm down pal it's a bit of banter, guaranteed there will be reference slipped in, I'm not a hater it was light hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    And breathe!

I'm sure you know this already, but that's exactly the reaction he wants.

He's there for to entertain and amuse his own support, not us, and there's nothing more entertaining or amusing than baiting your biggest rivals when they're in the "stadium.

The semi-final against St Johnstone was slightly different in that we (jointly with the other 3 semi-finalists) had hired the ground, so were entitled to expect a certain level of service, but the only thing he did of note was his little jibe about sell out crowds which is hardy crime of the century.

He's not the worst thing about derby games at the PBS by a long shot, and he's not the reason that I've given up going to them.
    this
    &

monktonharp

nevertheless he is a knob, of the highest order

No problem with the guy, been doing this kind of thing for years. Used to annoy me, as did their rolling out their latest ageing "Hearts Hero", but now it's all rather sad and pathetic. Hearts have become a parody of themselves and utterly obsessed with Hibernian, which I find highly amusing. Life has little meaning for many of them beyond the Derby match.

The thing that does concern me is the friendly banter that has always been an enjoyable part of the rivalry has in recent years become a tad more sinister, especially for the lunatic fringe of their support. IMO both clubs need to keep an eye on that and make sure they don't overstep the mark. The lewd goal celebration by the Hearts player on Sunday is an example. That's not banter, it just just crass and unacceptable.

Folk like Levein and Neilson SHOULD be the voice of reason in the Yam camp and able to put the breaks on stuff like that, but sadly I sense they're also just another couple of Yams with chips on their shoulder when it comes to Hibs. Ann Budge strikes me as a much more sensible sort who would not be best pleased with that players gesture.
    Last edited by Onion; 08-02-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    The Easter Road announcer screams down the mic like a X Factor signer and, the ****ty PA system means we don't even know what he says..but the knob at the PBS is just a fanny...,

Calm down pal it's a bit of banter, guaranteed there will be reference slipped in, I'm not a hater it was light hearted.
    Am calm lol just of the phone to him re this thread.
    For the record last Saturday he had 3 songs lined up 3rd being sunshine on leith police told him to kill the music

Also SFA gave him the play list

Also not easy reading about a good friend taking a tanking over nothing

Enjoy the wedding

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Am calm lol just of the phone to him re this thread.
    For the record last Saturday he had 3 songs lined up 3rd being sunshine on leith police told him to kill the music

Also SFA gave him the play list

Also not easy reading about a good friend taking a tanking over nothing

Enjoy the wedding

Aye fair enough I get that, pretty sure he's thick skinned enough to deal with anything we throw at him on here though

I will be nice to him at the wedding.