hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Guts

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Guts

I'm a positive thinking fan, but I know a lot of fellow fans who's outlook tends to be on the more negative side. Let's be honest, those with a more negative slant have had good reason to feel that way in recent years, but this Hibs side is a different animal-they won't accept defeat. Previous Hibs teams after performing reasonably well for a first half in a derby but finding themselves 2 down at half time would end up losing 4-0 or so - but not this side.
    Just love watching Hibs at this present time.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 07-02-2016 at 05:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is exactly how I feel. I think it is mirrored by many now though. I went to the Harp and Castle to watch the game on the TV today and even at 2-0 down no-one was on the teams back. There was as you say, just that little bit of something, that we felt we were never out of the game with this side, and so it proved.

On the pitch, in the stands, and around the pubs of Leith - today was huge for us as a club and family of fans.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a positive thinking fan, but I know a lot of fellow fans who's outlook tends to be on the more negative side. Let's be honest, those with a more negative slant have had good reason to feel that way in recent years, but this Hibs side is a different animal-they won't accept defeat. Previous Hibs teams after performing reasonably well for a first half in a derby but finding themselves 2 down at half time would end up losing 4-0 or so - but not this side.
    Just love watching Hibs at this present time.
    Good post. I thought we could come back. Watched it with a guy who supports norwich in a bar in Spain and he couldn't believe we were behind. Said we'd score but couldn't believe the yam had so many booked but never got the second card. Also wondered why we never let Henderson take all the free kicks

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I didn't know it was 90+1 when Paul Hanlon scored. Felt we would go on and get the winner. Had we played another 5 minutes we would have got that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Good post. I thought we could come back. Watched it with a guy who supports norwich in a bar in Spain and he couldn't believe we were behind. Said we'd score but couldn't believe the yam had so many booked but never got the second card. Also wondered why we never let Henderson take all the free kicks
    I was perplexed as to why Henderson was taken off free kicks.. Especially after scoring that screamer a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    I said to my mates at 2-0 that I believed we'd score and get at least a replay. It's great to feel confident about the hibees again!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post
    I was perplexed as to why Henderson was taken off free kicks.. Especially after scoring that screamer a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Henderson wanted to take the first free kick but Stokes was having none of it . You could see the disappointment on Hendersons face .

GGTTH

Hearts didn't expect that from us today, they thought it was done and dusted at 2-0 because they are used to hibs teams in the past crumbling when going a goal or 2 down.

New mentality here and it's fantastic to see.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Henderson wanted to take the first free kick but Stokes was having none of it . You could see the disappointment on Hendersons face .

GGTTH
    That really bothered me.

Henderson's scored some great free kicks for us and stokes had the arrogance to take the ball off of him before skying the free kick

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I didn't know it was 90+1 when Paul Hanlon scored. Felt we would go on and get the winner. Had we played another 5 minutes we would have got that goal.
    Same here, no scoreboard at the heritage stadium. Bedlam where I was, best celebration since Cummings' first to make it 2-1!

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    New song?

We'll fight to the end, we'll fight to the eeeeend
    We are Hibernian,
    We'll fight to the end

The Hibs players now know they are the better football team and know where to hurt them, our guys will be gagging for the replay.