hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: OXLEY WANTS TO PROGRESS IN THE CUP

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to Oxley.

A bad start to the season but fairly solid since.

If we are to progress then I can foresee Oxley having a lot to do with it.

Not that I'm expecting to be under the cosh for 90 minutes, everything he does will need to be immaculate. Claiming crosses in a busy box and not spilling, being lively to shots from distance, good distribution.

It's a big game for him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I wasn't a fan of his last season at all but this season he's gone a long way to winning me round so I was baffled by a few folk around me last week. Guy beside me going nuts at the st Johnstone goal, even though we were at the other side of the wheatfield he was going nuts as he "never saves anything", (I used that same criticism last season f him but from our seat there's no way you could apportion blame to him).......later on when they hit the bar the same guy went bonkers as oxley was nowhere near it!

I'm probably still not 100% convinced but you've got to be fair and his clean sheet record this year has been outstanding

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't a fan of his last season at all but this season he's gone a long way to winning me round so I was baffled by a few folk around me last week. Guy beside me going nuts at the st Johnstone goal, even though we were at the other side of the wheatfield he was going nuts as he "never saves anything", (I used that same criticism last season f him but from our seat there's no way you could apportion blame to him).......later on when they hit the bar the same guy went bonkers as oxley was nowhere near it!

I'm probably still not 100% convinced but you've got to be fair and his clean sheet record this year has been outstanding
    Apportioning blame for that goal was done to death on the PH thread earlier in the week, the only way Ox could have saved it is if he had grown 2 feet taller instantly or left his right hand side gaping as the cross came in

When they hit the bar it was a brilliant free kick.

Ox has improved this season and has made crucial saves. Maybe he knows he has more competition this year.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Apportioning blame for that goal was done to death on the PH thread earlier in the week, the only way Ox could have saved it is if he had grown 2 feet taller instantly or left his right hand side gaping as the cross came in

Ox has improved this season and has made crucial saves. Maybe he knows he has more competition this year.
    I'm surprised it was even discussed tbh, I just thought it was the guy beside that clearly had an issue with oxley

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post

The late save from Shaughnessy is just one of his crucial contributions in our cup run.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He's a very good keeper.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction