hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Hearts - our fourth Premiership scalp of the season

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....o-hammer-hibs/

Look how confident they are. Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs, St Johnstone - P3, W3, GF 7. Soon to increase all of those numbers no doubt.

Bring them on, we've shown better teams up this season

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....o-hammer-hibs/

Look how confident they are. Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs, St Johnstone - P3, W3, GF 7. Soon to increase all of those numbers no doubt.

Bring them on, we've shown better teams up this season
    Really hope I'm wrong but i think it'll be a game too far for us. Massive game on Saturday in pish conditions where we had to work incredibly hard for 90 minutes to deservedly get the win.
    Add in the emotions and euphoria of reaching a cup final, then seeing Celtc papped out today.

We then go into a massive game on Tuesday night where again we're likely to have to endure brutal conditions in a must-win game.

That's before you take into consideration that the Yams have a cracking home record, have a system that absolutely fits the squad that they have, and are playing with a lot of confidence.

We are a good side, our games last season showed we have nothing to fear from them, and that we're more than capable of beating them. My gut feeling is, however, that we'll fall short on Sunday.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Bring it. Against potters puddle drinking scarf twirling child bothering four fingered midden dwelling "we're the big team" utter cretins, I am confident.

They probably will and this place will go into meltdown saying we are still soft and are bottlers.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong though, **** those ****ing mutants
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 31-01-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Really hope I'm wrong but i think it'll be a game too far for us. Massive game on Saturday in pish conditions where we had to work incredibly hard for 90 minutes to deservedly get the win.
    Add in the emotions and euphoria of reaching a cup final, then seeing Celtc papped out today.

We then go into a massive game on Tuesday night where again we're likely to have to endure brutal conditions in a must-win game.

That's before you take into consideration that the Yams have a cracking home record, have a system that absolutely fits the squad that they have, and are playing with a lot of confidence.

We are a good side, our games last season showed we have nothing to fear from them, and that we're more than capable of beating them. My gut feeling is, however, that we'll fall short on Sunday.
    Normally very confident about derbies, but for some reason I agree.

@hibs.net private member
    Not only have we beaten every Premiership team we have met we have only been beaten once in 23 matches.

We don't have anything to fear. Morton game is next though, lets get that out the way first.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson all a class above anything they have

Wow

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Djoum, Sow, Nicholson, Pallardo, Augustyn, Paterson all a class above anything they have

Wow
    Sow hasn't got the ability to clean Stokes's boots

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    It'll be a tight, nervy game won by a goal either way imo. More pressure on them tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've got a feeling that Stubbs has got the cavemans number when it comes to derbys. They were pretty ineffective against us last season and only won the first match due to us missing a penalty.

United we stand here....

If we get a strong Ref, then we will win
    But if we get Collum or Thomson, and going by what happened last season, I reckon they will just try kick us off the park!

Here is what I think will happen:
    Hearts to get a penalty
    Paul Hanlon will be the first player to be booked for his first tackle on Sow!
    Hibs to get a man sent off (Henderson)
    Hearts will have more fouls against us, but we will have more bookings!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

Wow
    The boy djoum looks a player Id take him to cover for McGinn the rest I wouldn't look twice at, I'm actually looking forward to stokes v Augustyn the guys a bombscare

Who cares what they say they know absolutely **** all about us apart from what they see on Sportscene. Ramblings include:

They're better because they are in the top flight.

They're better because they just are.

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Let them be over-confident as they receive a shock. The Fools have short memories and seem to have forgotten how the derbies panned out last season.

Coaching Staff
    Can I remind everyone that these are the 'world beaters' who could only draw with a Hamilton side who'd been taken for 8 goals off Celtic.

Hearts - very beatable, simple as that.

If we do go on to win the league cup we will move level with hearts on league cup wins at 4-4 (they won all 4 within a short spell during the ice age). We also have 4 league titles each. We also will always be the first Edinburgh club to win the Scottish cup which we won first in 1887 knocking out hearts 5-1 along the way.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Wow

The ones in bold are very good players but I havn't seen much of the others, lets not kid ourselves here, We will not just turn up and get a result, we will be up against it and if they come out the traps like they did vs Aberdeen in the last round the we will struggle to contain them. If we meet the Hearts team that played vs Hamilton then we've got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The ones in bold are very good players but I havn't seen much of the others, lets not kid ourselves here, We will not just turn up and get a result, we will be up against it and if they come out the traps like they did vs Aberdeen in the last round the we will struggle to contain them. If we meet the Hearts team that played vs Hamilton then we've got a chance.
    A disturbing outbreak of common sense there, Graham!!

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Who cares what they say they know absolutely **** all about us apart from what they see on Sportscene. Ramblings include:

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Let them be over-confident as they receive a shock. The Fools have short memories and seem to have forgotten how the derbies panned out last season.
    Nielson was the game on Saturday watching us and you can be rest assured we will have been watched by reps of Hearts in every game since the draw was made, there will be somebody there watching us on Tuesday night too. Nielson isn't stupid and we have to be careful how we approach this match.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    A disturbing outbreak of common sense there, Graham!!

Yes it has been known to happen from time to time Billy

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I don't see us winning this game. Hearts are the masters at kicking teams off the park and their entire club ethos is "beat Hibs at everything no matter the cost".

That said, I think it'll be a lot closer than they're making it out to be, and if we can take them back to ER I would consider us favourites.

Seen nothing from them to suggest we have anything to fear. They are a very average side doing reasonably well in a terrible league.

We really need to concentrate on tomorrow's game though, it's arguably more important to our season overall.

First Team Breakthrough
    If the game finishes a draw and we have a replay at easter road anyone know when it will be played?

First Team Breakthrough KazHibby's Avatar
    Form book out the window, the team that wants it most and is prepared to work there @***s off will win!,

I think two big games running into this could be an advantage over, no playing for two weeks.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Hearts will come out of the traps against us like they did against Aberdeen. They play a pressing game on their small pitch and close down the midfield very quickly which causes opposition players to rush and miss place passes, which more often than not they pick up and break away. They are hugely effective at this.

I don't know how to counter this type of play, maybe playing the same tactics, but thats not our game.

One thing is for sure, they can run out of steam mid way through the 2nd half, so, if we are still in the game, maybe this is when we can take control and win the match?

Looks like they are signing Don Cowie. Decent player.....in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

We're a wee team

The year ends in 6

5-1.

Blah blah.

Big team big league (aye the Scottish Premier League is really the big league)
    1902 (we will win it one day...and will be the biggest party Edinburgh has ever seen!)
    We only won 5-1 (you missed your best ever chance to make it 10)

I am actually more concerned about us beating Morton tomorrow night and keeping our league title hopes alive.

It's a derby and form goes out the window - we are massive underdogs and I expect Stubbs to have the players ready.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Neilson / Potter will have enough about them to know that if they simply turn up and play their game, with no allowance for how good our midfield and strike force are, they'll get a nasty shock. Unfortunately for us, they'll have done their homework and will try to nullify us, much like their approach to derbies last year.

Whilst I would expect Stubbs to impose our game on them, likewise we need to keep the intensity and pressure high off the ball, particularly in midfield, whilst needing our defence unit to be on top form.

No danger Neilson and Potter will be as naive as the fans for this one..

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

Hearts - our fourth Premiership scalp of the season

I'm not looking at this as a "Derby" game, the way I see it, this is a SC game. Ok so we got drawn against a team in the division above- so what? We have already beaten 3 teams from there and Hearts is just another one. So apart from having to endure that crap-hole stadium for a second time, it's just another SC game that we need to win and move on the the next, concluding in another trip to Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    There are 2 teams on Sunday - it's not just about they clowns.