hibs.net Messageboard

Time to put it to bed... attendance nonsense

If yesterdays attendance was 16,987, and their previous best was 16,844 V Celtic, how has that shy tole sold out every game this season? It obviously takes a visit from Hibs to really sell out that death trap.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought their capacity was 17,500?

(Not that it means much but Wikipedia has the capacity as 17,420)

Segregation in the Roseburn for approx the gazillionth time. They don't give over a whole stand to the OF this season, good on them.

I look forward to the day where we have enough Hibs fans attending to do likewise on a regular basis

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If yesterdays attendance was 16,987, and their previous best was 16,844 V Celtic, how has that shy tole sold out every game this season? It obviously takes a visit from Hibs to really sell out that death trap.

GGTTH
    Segregation at the bigger games. A game is a sell out if all available tickets are sold.

Jeezo we're getting as bad as them for obsessing about attendances.

It was full yesterday with regards available seating, it's been full a few times this season with the available seating. Folk need to get over it.

@hibs.net private member
    This topic is so petty - let's be frank - their attendances have been much more than ours for a few years now - no question . I'm hoping performance levels like yesterday get a few more coming to see us regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, their biggest attendance this season involves Hibs.

GGTTH

This is a very stupid topic, they are passing out attendances by quite some distance every single game. No real reason for it anymore other than we have obviously lost a portion of our fan base for good.

Considering the replies above, I'm surprised the OP hasn't deleted this thread by now.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    The only way to shut them up about attendances will be to have more of us attending at a nicer, safer, cleaner, bigger ER stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeezo we're getting as bad as them for obsessing about attendances.

It was full yesterday with regards available seating, it's been full a few times this season with the available seating. Folk need to get over it.

My thoughts exactly, how can we moan, [and we do, frequently], about their obsession with "empty seats" and attendances at games when we start stupid topics just like theirs ?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It would not surprise me if the crowd was actually bigger than announced yesterday, we were in the gorgie road end and there was lots of people arguing with other fans and stewards because they had printed tickets twice for the same seats.

They were sent to just stand where they could, and people were arguing with stewards all during the game. Stewards were checking tickets and getting in the ****in way all the way during the first half.