hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How bad is the home of Edinburgh's "big team"??

Deathtrap main stand made of wood and asbestos with Calor gas heaters in the hospitality suites.
    Gradients of stands on 3 sides so dangerously steep, all because their cramped site is boxed in on four sides.
    Pitch so small that it doesn't even meet UEFA regulations.
    Totally confusing seat numbers.
    Gorgie Stand concourse that is cramped and open to the elements.
    Capacity of only 16,900.
    It's a cut-price operation they've got going there, for sure.

Facilities in our main stand, Famous Five stand and the community rooms in the South Stand put this to shame. Our East Stand has development potential as well, and the concourse is often used for Hibs kids events. It's night and day.

But wait, it's one of the best grounds in the country for atmosphere, we're always being told.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't realise it was that bad until I actually got into the stadium, sat in the wheatfield, hole in the toilet roof and things flying from the kiosk because of the wind, disgusting place

Old stand very narrow passageways and stairs that turn back on themselves.Impossible to exit quickly in an emergency.Absolutely ridiculous that it is allowed to be used as it is.Capacity should be cut immediately.

It's a hole.

cant see how health and safety let them get away with staircases 1 person wide to get out of the ancient pile of a main stand.

and there's zero leg room to sit in their crappy seats.

dump

The seating plan is beyond a joke.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Poorly built and small.

Embarrassment of a stadium for a so called "big team"

*****hole of a ground

First Team Breakthrough
    Dump of a place.also getting out at the end took forever.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

How bad is the home of Edinburgh's "big team"??

Several people fell down the stairs in the "lower tier" of the Wheatfield and the seat next to me spun right round and threw a child into the row in front. It's been many years since I've been there and hopefully many more before I return. Should not be given a safety certificate.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's very run down; dangerous in parts. The steep stands and enclosed feeling make for a good atmosphere, but the place is a tip - appropriate for those who usually patronise it. At least if/when they re-build the main stand they'll only have another three stands to go, before they have a decent stadium. Easter Road is incomparably superior.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I was in the back row of the main stand and let's say had a "restricted view." Lost sight of the ball everytime it was booted into the air and could only see the crowd that were seated towards the front of the other stands. Spent the entire 90 mins standing but it's got to be said, what a great atmosphere!
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 30-01-2016 at 06:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    does it not just make you appreciate what a crackin stadium our club have built for us never been in the west stand at ours but the first time i entered the new east stand i was gobsmacked at the concourse area

Left by mutual consent!
    Two toilets, not urinals but bogs for whole sections of the main stand. And they looked like museum exhibits. Utterly laughable. I wanted to take a photo of the epitome of that s***hole of a stadium but thought of the queue outside.

Still, only got better from there, well done Hibs but poor show SPFL and Hearts to allow such a poor facility to be used for a major cup semi between two top clubs.

You should see the changing rooms. The away one is on a par with something at the Jack Kane or Gyle pitches.

Passable for amateur teams, unbelievable that professional teams have to use them, diabolical but fit in with the rest of the shambolic stadium.

trying to get a pish at HT was comical and that was in the 'modern' stand.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The turnstiles in the Wheatfield were like a throwback to the early 80s, the whole stadium is cheap and nasty.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    We went for the Wheatfield stand today thinking it would be better than their main stand, we were wrong.

To have so few turnstiles for a stand that big just doesn't make sense!

Glad I wasn't claustrophobic after trying to get out at FT from the main stand.

If there was a fire we'd all be ****ed.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Someone, somewhere must've took photos of the death trap and upload them on here so we can all have a right laugh

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I thought about starting a similar thread. My thoughts: (I was in the Wheatfield)
    Turnstiles- how narrow and ancient are they? I'm sure a few larger people must struggle.
    Toilets- a total state.
    Section/seat numbering- very confusing, then when in my seat it was very cramped.
    (Although I will admit that the cushioning was quite comfy).
    Catering- pie and coffee pretty standard (I didn't get them so can't comment on price or service).
    Pitch- how small is it, no wonder we didn't use subs until late, our guys weren't tired out as they are used to running around a much larger area.
    Atmosphere- the only reason it's so noisy is again due to how small the place is, it would be the same as taking the sound system from a cinema and playing it in your bathroom.
    The announcer - got the times wrong!
    Stadium scoreboard/clock- there wasn't one!

I could probably go on but that's my main observations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should see the changing rooms. The away one is on a par with something at the Jack Kane or Gyle pitches. Passable for amateur teams, unbelievable that professional teams have to use them, diabolical but fit in with the rest of the shambolic stadium.
    Indeed. Played there in the Charity Match a good few years ago (won 3-4) and it's fair to say they were poor then.

Won't be long before they build their new all singing all dancing new main stand.... Maybe not.

After all the millions they cheated out of folk they could of at least built something that isn't an embarrassment.

Junior teams have better facilities

Loving this thread. :-D

I was in the main stand for the league cup semi final in 2007, and I remember wondering at the time how on earth that shack manages to get a safety certificate. As we know, nothing has changed.

First Team Breakthrough
    Some stadium like. Like something from war torn Soviet Bloc. Like a map on C.O.D 4.

People are made bigger since the days of the old turnstiles.

Chap in front of me got stuck. Hilarious.

Didn't hang about to see how they got him out, I did a quick swerve into the next one.

Embarrassment of a ground.

The demolition site underneath the wheatfield was unreal. Absolute **** hole

Its a hovel.....

Embarrassing......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

But guys remember this is how all the "big teams" have their stadiums. Not that we would know, being such a "wee team" n all that

In the Gorgie stand today.
    The toilets were a state and that was 20 mins before kick off.
    Cramped seating, my knees were hitting the back of the person in front, and i am 5' 6". I dont know how taller folk cope.

Still looking over to the Main stand i was glad i was not in that, an accident waiting to happen.

As others have mentioned, it took far too long to get out of the Wheatfield stand. Health & Safety issue? Presumably the appropriate authorities are satisfied there isn't an issue there?

Even before Tynecastle became the PBS it was a s***hole, and it still is.