hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Booing Craig and Spoony

Was a bit confused by this... Especially boo'ing Spoony...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well we're not going to support them during the game especially during a semi final.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I didn't understand the booing of Spoony either

@hibs.net private member
    Neither of them have ever said anything bad since they left, however we should be trying to put the opposition off their game more often than we do.

Spoony was getting applauded as well and he was smiling on occasions when he was getting it. Harmless stuff.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Standard fare for ex players. Water off a duck's back to these guys.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Standard fare for ex players. Water off a duck's back to these guys.
    Absolutely. It wasn't vicious abuse or anything, more a "don't you dare score today" sentiment
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

No idea why Wotherspoon got booed. Craig I couldn't give a flying one about.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Wotherspoon was awful today

F*** the pair of them. Imagine booing the opposition in a semi final eh.

Probably the worst Hibs captain in my memory, terrible management team or not. Damn right he should be boo'ed.

Spoony is an honest and likeable lad, but showed his usual self at McGinn's goal with a half arsed weak tackle.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i absolutely promise to clap them next season in the SPL

If this was Sauzee or Latas, I'd be concerned but these two guys were (at best) bang average Hibs players who were well paid and did nothing during their time with Hibs. If this upset them and put them off their game today, then fair play - they'll get over it.

We need to shed ourselves of this nicey, nicey attitude as it's done us no favours on our way down to the bottom. High time we gave 100% to OUR own team and players we have at the moment. Maybe once we've started punching our weight, stopped our tendency to self-destruct and bottle big games, we can be more generous to ex-players like this.

Lucky pen for the first ? Tell it to someone who gives a jot. Been legged over far too often to care .
    Last edited by Onion; 30-01-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Nothing wrong with trying to put their players off and make it as intimidating for the opposition as possible.

Nothing against the pair of them but if booing and making a racket when they get the ball puts them off then go for it.

Nowt wrong with it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Wotherspoon was awful today
    He was garbage.

Exactly the same as he was at Hibs, scared to try anything that wasn't the safe option.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

That'll be Wotherspoon's confidence gone for a month now. A right bunch of nasty ****ers, you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He was garbage.

Exactly the same as he was at Hibs, scared to try anything that wasn't the safe option.
    A bottler when it comes to the bigger games. Unfortunately hibs teams in the past were full of guys like that.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I will remember them both for their goals against hearts 👍

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    2 guys who tried their best in very average Hibs teams. My problem with booing an ex-player who hasn't been a fanny is its potential to spur them on. Would rather just ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Booing two ex players that never done anything but try for the club. But a judas like Iain Murray gets a testamonial

Don't have any grudge with either but worth noting when Spoony came over in the first half to take a corner between the main & gorgie rd stands he got pelters from many around that area....and proceeded to take a crap corner so all fairs in my book if it gives us an edge.

GGTTH

Better booing opposition as opposed to our own.....

Neither did much in their time with us, so not surprised by some of the reactions......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Seven View Post
    A bottler when it comes to the bigger games. Unfortunately hibs teams in the past were full of guys like that.
    Spoony will cry into his Scottish Cup winners medal for consolation after such insight.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Can we not just have one big thread titled Hibs fans are ****s. Every time we play a big game there's multiple threads slagging off our fans. Some people seem more concerned with this than congratulating the team on a superb performance and result

United we stand here....

Watching those 2 today just makes it clear how much we have improved...would not get near this Hibs team now. Spoony is just weak, half hearted in the tackle and delivers about 1 good cross in 12 attempts and Craig Waltzes round the pitch like he is Ronaldo doing pretty much the square root of f all...2 bang average players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Only one of that St Johnstone would get in our starting 11 and that might be O'Halloran. Spoony and Craig might get on the bench now and then but not often.

For me we have a squad that is better than all other teams baring Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and it's on a par with The Rangers.

I've nothing personal against Liam Craig or David Wotherspoon, but they are opposition players now.

What are Hibs fans supposed to do? Give them a nice polite round of applause? Cheer them onto the park, or what? Hibs fans should be giving all opposition teams players hell, and our own players our full vocal backing.

I thought the Hibs supporters were great today in the way they backed their team. If they boo a couple of opposition players, I couldn't give a toss.

I don't think Craig or Wotherspoon will give a toss either. Both would have gladly knocked Hibs out of the cup today, given the chance. That's how it is in football.

@hibs.net private member
    Never booed either of them. Both scored winners against Hearts so deserve some respect

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Booing two ex players that never done anything but try for the club. But a judas like Iain Murray gets a testamonial
    I agree with this, neither player ever lacked in effort or determination to do their best for us - don't deserve to be booed in the same way as some dirty Jambo, which is what they both seemed to get today.