hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official 'Good Luck To The Staggies' Thread

Come on Ross County, you know you can do it!!!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Ironic that the Jambos and Huns will be rooting for a Celtic win.

I want Celtc. Bigger crowd, better atmosphere, more kudos when we win it. We have the individuals to beat anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Celtc. Bigger crowd, better atmosphere, more kudos when we win it. We have the individuals to beat anyone.

So you didn't enjoy beating Killie in 2007?

The atmosphere was poor?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ironic that the Jambos and Huns will be rooting for a Celtic win.
    Jambos, I'll give you, but the Huns? No way!

They will be 100% behind Ross County.

J

Potentially two of our best players wouldn't be able to play against their parent club though ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A final to look forward to, and be it Celtic or Ross County, at this moment I have no preference. Elated.

Not bothered who we play.

3 Premiership teams taken care of, what's another one?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post
    Potentially two of our best players wouldn't be able to play against their parent club though ..

Know what you are saying mate, however.....we won today without one of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post

Stokes and Henderson would be in our first choice eleven, although Henderson might be on the bench if we aim for a more cautious formation.

Our spine of outstanding performers in Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings remains intact whoever we play in the final. No reason not to be confident.

Blog Entries
    Stokes and Henderson would be in our first choice eleven, although Henderson might be on the bench if we aim for a more cautious formation.

Our spine of outstanding performers in Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings remains intact whoever we play in the final. No reason not to be confident.
    I wouldn't say we would be confident against Celtic, but we certainly won't be intimidated and feeling inferior.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Dagnall looks a useful performer (to say the least), and Keatings is another who can play a bit. Cummings is a class act, and by May I would imagine that KT would be fully fit and just the guy to stiffen the midfield. And there are other options available. We'd be the underdogs and no mistake, but we'll still be able to put out a more than decent side, I'd say.

Coaching Staff
    I genuinely don't think Celtic are that strong under Deila - absolutely we'd be big underdogs against them but we do actually perform well when we have space to play and not up against teams who park the bus.

Leigh bailed his manager out of late - he's the threat in that side.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Dagnall looks a useful performer (to say the least), and Keatings is another who can play a bit. Cummings is a class act, and by May I would imagine that KT would be fully fit and just the guy to stiffen the midfield. And there are other options available. We'd be the underdogs and no mistake, but we'll still be able to put out a more than decent side, I'd say.
    I hope he gets up to speed long before then, or he'll miss the final

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Definitely hoping Ross County can spring a surprise. We'd have a good chance against them, IMO, but only a slim chance against Celtic. We deservedly won today, but it's a big step up from St Johnstone, when we have a big majority of the crowd, to Celtic at Hampden. I think we'd be favourites against Ross County, and that game would be a real opportunity to win the competition. A match against Celtic would be a very different proposition; we'd need everything to go plan on the day.

Perhaps County can do it, you never know, but again it's a long shot.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Bring on the Celtic, scared ? Naw. Winnable ? Aye. Even without the two loanees this year is probably our best chance of turning them over. I'm confident in the ability of our team. They really are not unbeatable.
    Some folk really need to get over the word Celtic before writing us off.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Bring on the Celtic, scared ? Naw. Winnable ? Aye. Even without the two loanees this year is probably our best chance of turning them over. I'm confident in the ability of our team. They really are not unbeatable.
    Some folk really need to get over the word Celtic before writing us off.
    100% this! 👏🏼

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Another advantage of a Ross County final: far more tickets for us, so again we'll have huge superiority in numbers, and, also, no contact with Old Firm fans - which is always good.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I want Ross County to win as I can't stand those lesser green rats. Hope they do but if it is smeltic, then bring them on. On our day, we are capable of beating anyone in the country and shouldn't be under estimated or fear anyone.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Ross Countyare no mugs and right now are the iform team

In the recent past I was in knots when it came to things like this. Celtic or United or Celtic or ICT in the final blah blah.

I couldn't care less right now to be honest. The much needed cash is in the bag, we are a second tier team and this is a great bonus if we win or not. I also have this faith that we're going in the right direction as a club which in turn gives me real hope that we can turn up and beat anyone, even Celtic.

I'll enjoy today's game with my feet up.

I don't care who we get... Just going to enjoy being there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not fussed, we don't control who we get. I'm just chuffed we are going to Hampden

First Team Breakthrough
    Echo the above, not fussed who the winner of there game will be. If we take care of our game in the day then thats all that matters.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    I took a double on Hibs to win with both teams to score & County to win - 500 sheets if it comes in - so aye, very good luck to the Staggies...!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Another advantage of a Ross County final: far more tickets for us, so again we'll have huge superiority in numbers, and, also, no contact with Old Firm fans - which is always good.

I've no idea why some people would prefer to share their day with 25,000 Celtc Fans.

I'd much rather see 75% of the ground full of Hibees and the rest occupied by other evolved life forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Cannot believe any Hibs fan seriously wants Celtic. On their day, they're capable a thrashing teams. Griffiths is on fire and easily the most potent striker in Scotland, and I've wish to watch him bagging a hat-trick against Hibs. They'd have min 25k dirty fans at the match. Hibs would struggle to sell the 25k allocation which means lots of unwashed in the Hibs end (always happens). Henderson and Stokes are two of our best players and would miss out, greatly reducing our chances.

Stuff the glory of beating Celtic, we've already proven ourselves against good Prem sides in this competition and on that score probably deserve to win it.

I will take whoever.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Ross County please. More chance of winning it & more chance of getting tickets together

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    What will be will be. We're in the final that's all that matters. We can match any team in Scotland on our day, even without LH & AS. Celtic will be the harder match but finals aren't meant to be easy. Also I think it would give Dylan a chance to haunt his former team, which strangely, in football, happens quite often.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.