hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arthur Duncan

Arthur Duncan

First post for a while on here, but I had a friend over here in Auckland (a local football journalist) ask me for some help. Apparently Arthur Duncan moved here a few years ago to be with family and my mate would love to interview him about his time at Hibs and about the derbies he's played in. End of the day if he would prefer his privacy that's fine, but if anybody could help it would be nice to hear from a bit of a Hibs legend in our local press!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Sorry can,t help with contact but it would be great to hear what he has to say.

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.u...-arthur-duncan

That's all I could find but you already knew this !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First post for a while on here, but I had a friend over here in Auckland (a local football journalist) ask me for some help. Apparently Arthur Duncan moved here a few years ago to be with family and my mate would love to interview him about his time at Hibs and about the derbies he's played in. End of the day if he would prefer his privacy that's fine, but if anybody could help it would be nice to hear from a bit of a Hibs legend in our local press!
    Arthur would be delighted im sure, he's always very approachable. Try thru ER for ex players association. If problems pm me, good luck!

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Kiaora Hibs NZ ! I just moved over here (Mairangi Bay) from Melbourne (come to think of it I will need to change my details !) hopefully for good. I was brought up in Glasgow in the 60s and 70s (not easy when you were a Hibby and a big one at that) but thankfully my old man was a Hibby and he took me to see the TTs for many years until he got bored - I never did and became more than a fanatic. I don't really have any heroes or favourites from the TTs in the early 70s - they were all my heroes and favourites but AD had something in his personality that made you feel as if he was a real decent guy and someone you would like to know (hasten to add I will not be a stalker of his over here !!). If you can trace him and he would be willing to meet up with more than one Hibby - a Weegie at that - then I would be chuffed to bits but more honoured than anything else ! Just knowing that he is in this wonderful country of ours makes me feel good !

This must have been relatively recently, i.e. in the last couple of years. He used to live along from my parents in Breich, West Lothian. He was a chiropodist as well after he left football.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Arthur
    oh Arthur Duncan
    oh Arthur Duncan on the wing

nijinsky, the horse not the ballet dancer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This must have been relatively recently, i.e. in the last couple of years. He used to live along from my parents in Breich, West Lothian. He was a chiropodist as well after he left football.
    I think he moved a while ago. I was at the inaugural Hibs Hall of Fame dinner in 2010 IIRC & Arthur couldn't attend as he had already moved away.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I think he moved a while ago. I was at the inaugural Hibs Hall of Fame dinner in 2010 IIRC & Arthur couldn't attend as he had already moved away.
    Breich or NZ? No wonder left :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Breich or NZ? No wonder left :-)

Aye, dreich Breich right enough!

Arthur Duncan

Yes Arthur (MY HERO), left in 2009, i remember it well. He left for a better life in NZ, with his wife to be near their son, and at that time 1 grandchild. And they wanted to see him growing up.He still had his private clients when he was with Livingston FC...

Their was a chap at our table at the Hall of Fame Dinner said he had his email address, so i will try and see if my Sister remembers
    the guys name.

Arthur Duncan

Yes Arthur (MY HERO), left in 2009, i remember it well. He left for a better life in NZ, with his wife to be near their son, and at that time 1 grandchild. And they wanted to see him growing up.He still had his private clients when he was with Livingston FC...

Their was a chap at our table at the Hall of Fame Dinner said he had his email address, so i will try and see if my Sister remembers
    the guys name.

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Kiaora Hibs NZ ! I just moved over here (Mairangi Bay) from Melbourne (come to think of it I will need to change my details !) hopefully for good. I was brought up in Glasgow in the 60s and 70s (not easy when you were a Hibby and a big one at that) but thankfully my old man was a Hibby and he took me to see the TTs for many years until he got bored - I never did and became more than a fanatic. I don't really have any heroes or favourites from the TTs in the early 70s - they were all my heroes and favourites but AD had something in his personality that made you feel as if he was a real decent guy and someone you would like to know (hasten to add I will not be a stalker of his over here !!). If you can trace him and he would be willing to meet up with more than one Hibby - a Weegie at that - then I would be chuffed to bits but more honoured than anything else ! Just knowing that he is in this wonderful country of ours makes me feel good !
    If I can make contact and Arthur was ok with it I'd defo try
    and get some sort of Hibs get together. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by maudette 11 View Post
    Arthur Duncan

the guys name.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers maudette!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Arthur would be delighted im sure, he's always very approachable. Try thru ER for ex players association. If problems pm me, good luck!
    Cheers Brog I've been told Paul Kane runs it so gonna try and make contact through club.

Blog Entries
    Cheers Brog I've been told Paul Kane runs it so gonna try and make contact through club.
    OK, any probs let me know.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    That would be braw or as the Weegies say "pure dead brilliant by the way" !

I am secretary of the HFPA ( Hibernian Former Players Association) and we lost contact with Flyer after his move to NZ. We still have his Hall of Fame trophy and would love to get it to him. If anyone can find his details please let me know. Not sure if he is still working as a chiropodist.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Plenty of us down in Wellington, at least six!
    We'd all be keen!
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    I am secretary of the HFPA ( Hibernian Former Players Association) and we lost contact with Flyer after his move to NZ. We still have his Hall of Fame trophy and would love to get it to him. If anyone can find his details please let me know. Not sure if he is still working as a chiropodist.
    He is surely retired?

Arthur Duncan

Hey there
    I am actually one of Arthur's Grandkids here in New Zealand. I'm really close with him. I'm sure he'd be happy to take part in an interview - he's such a humble guy!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsnz11 View Post
    Hey there
    I am actually one of Arthur's Grandkids here in New Zealand. I'm really close with him. I'm sure he'd be happy to take part in an interview - he's such a humble guy!
    Fantastic news

Well done to all the foot soldiers making this happen.😁

I'll get ma coat.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Hey there
    hibsnz11 please pass on my best wishes to your grandad.
    He was a fantastic player who always played with a big smile on his face, and was one of my favourite players when I was a nipper watching our great Turnbull's Tornadoes.

A great player in a great team 👍🇳🇬

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 27-04-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Hey there
    Best wishes to Arthur, he was a schoolboy hero of mine, great player in that fantastic tornadoes team. A thing I always remember at Easter Road, at half time in games, Arthur always had a shower, would come out early before the other players and happily chat with the Hibs fans on the terracing, hair soaking wet!..should have had more caps for Scotland, a great servant for Hibs, but we won't mention his cup winning goal in a hibs jersey!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    hibsnz11 please pass on my best wishes to your grandad.
    He was a fantastic player who always played with a big smile on his face, and was one of my favourite players when I was a nipper watching our great Turnbull's Tornadoes.

A great player in a great team 👍🇳🇬

GGTTH
    That goes for me too

My favourite player when I started following hibs

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Me too! First ever football hero and met him a few times after the match.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    My favourite player when I started following hibs
    Such a great player. Was so pleased when he signed from Partick Thistle. What a great servant he proved to be. Wonderful player and who can forget that great strike from the left that emptied hahahahahearts from the cup at Tynecastle

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    That goes for me too
    And me, what a player.