hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points

@hibs.net private member

Loyalty points

There's been lots of comments on the point system. So what's people's views on them? Should we keep them? Scarp them? Do they undermine a ST? Is this costing the club money?

Personally I'd scrap the present system and have a membership scheme for non ST holders. So for big games all ST holders get first crack at tickets then members then a general sale.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I would keep it as it works perfectly well. ST holders always get first crack at the tickets under the current system, ST holders who go to more away games than other ST holders get even more priority, perfectly fair in my opinion as a ST holder who only goes to away games occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would keep it as it works perfectly well. ST holders always get first crack at the tickets under the current system, ST holders who go to more away games than other ST holders get even more priority, perfectly fair in my opinion as a ST holder who only goes to away games occasionally.
    Actually a season ticket holder who also had a season ticket last season will not have enough points for the first phase of Hearts tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    There's been lots of comments on the point system. So what's people's views on them? Should we keep them? Scarp them? Do they undermine a ST? Is this costing the club money?

Personally I'd scrap the present system and have a membership scheme for non ST holders. So for big games all ST holders get first crack at tickets then members then a general sale.
    I agree. Such a scheme was in operation a few years ago. This time around it would be a plus factor if a loyalty card could be produced which would allow for discount on drink in the BTG as well as merchandise from the club shop.

how about this
    st holders who go to more away games than st holders that don't ,get first dibs on games ?

Allows the most loyal fans first dibs on tickets. It's a success.

Loyalty point threads are class. I like them and think it should continue.

I reckon some fans who post on these threads check their points daily to make sure they are still there.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    As an aside, i wonder if the loyalty points system is having an effect on attendances.

Yesterday, for example, I overheard a few conversations about points. How many people were there because they felt the need to collect points? Even if it's only, say, 500, that has to be a major pointer in its favour.

The current system works. Everyone who is in the top bracket for the Hearts game has had a full season ticket for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016, plus they have went to 90%-100% of the cup games and a couple of away games at least. Those who are slightly below 391 haven't went to as many away or cup games.

The thing to take from this, is you need to ensure you buy your ticket in advance and always allocate your tickets to your and your parties client references.

1 thing I would like Hibs to do is to show the current points of those in your party when you log in

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Actually a season ticket holder who also had a season ticket last season will not have enough points for the first phase of Hearts tickets.

Might have something to do with a Hibby having a season ticket last season and this season going to more games outwith their season ticket. Personally I think the system works perfectly well. Not just because I have enough points for the Hearts game.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Every item you purchase from Hibs that provides money directly to Hibs should have a certain amount of loyalty points.

Example, 1 point for a mug, 5 points for a t shirt costing £20 and 10 points for a replica top costing over £40.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    how about this
    st holders who go to more away games than st holders that don't ,get first dibs on games ?
    To me that is what the loyalty scheme should be about. Those that go to most games get first dibs. Having a season ticket should entitle you to being above those that don't go to many games. I think the loyalty scheme is a good idea that has generally been well implemented. I disagree with the points going to HSL members as the loyalty scheme's reward is realised in getting preference for game tickets so that is what should accumulate points.

The only other issue I would have is the methodology behind the tranches of ticket sales. I can't understand the need to go so low for the second wave of sales for the SC game v Hearts. Surely they could have made the point threshold far higher for that. Generally it is a good scheme and I think it will get better in time when the points spread out a bit. We just have to bear with it through the early teething problems.

I don't really think points should be awarded for purchases from the shop etc. That starts to get messy imo.

I would extend points to those who subscribe to Hibs TV though for example. For many of them non attendance is due to location as opposed to anything else, they should be ahead of someone who lives in Edinburgh but chooses not to attend when cup finals or whatever come around imo.

Generally speaking we have few away games where there is a real scramble for tickets. The loyalty scheme should obviously ensure that refular away attendees get first dibs on the rare occasions there is such a scramble and the current one does. Where we really needed a loyalty scheme was to look after regular walk ups who had no more chance of getting a ticket than a once every 5 seasons type when big games came around. That issue has, if people buy in advance, also been resolved so it's job done again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Everybody that qualified for the first phase was a season ticket holder though. Which illustrates my point, ST holders who have attended other matches also rightly got priority.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Every item you purchase from Hibs that provides money directly to Hibs should have a certain amount of loyalty points.

Example, 1 point for a mug, 5 points for a t shirt costing £20 and 10 points for a replica top costing over £40.

Im drinking a brew from my Easter Road mug as I type.

Or by mug were you actually referring to some of our fanbase?

I think that you should also be awarded extra points according to your age. One for every birthday you've had. Makes sense that a 'more mature' fan should have more points than a spotty acne face student whose only been a fan for a few years.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I think that you should also be awarded extra points according to your age. One for every birthday you've had. Makes sense that a 'more mature' fan should have more points than a spotty acne face student whose only been a fan for a few years.
    There should also be credit for the number of threads on Loyalty Points that we contribute to.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    What if they've both been Hibees for their entire life ;-)

Point system makes complete sense as long as it's fair, folk know what it is trying to achieve and it does that. IMO it's becoming a bit of a mongrel, confused between rewarding / incentivising financial support and fan support. Essential Hibs get the balance right, otherwise they run danger of pissing off lots of very loyal fans and rewarding the wrong people.

The other thing they need to do is speed up the whole sales process. The St J semi sale has thrown up a number of serious flaws which need addressed.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    how about this
    That's how I'd do it. After that we just revert to the old system. I'm already starting to think about whether it's worth me getting our 3 season tickets next season.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    In general, the loyalty points system is a great addition and helps to make sure the people that have spent the most on match tickets get priority for the higher profile games. However, I wonder if, in time, the system actually acts as a disincentive to people who are swithering about whether or not to buy a season ticket.

For example; Guy expects a poor season ahead, and therefore may not want to sit at Easter Road every other week and watch us play garbage. But, he and his two kids have been ST holders since the loyalty points system started, so he knows that he will still get away derby tickets and the potential semi finals and finals that Hibs are capable of reaching, no matter how crap we are at the time. Guy might be happy enough to leave the STs this season knowing this. And, this type of behaviour will only increase as the years go by.

Another thing that may cause problems, is that the younger generations are going to have a more and more difficult time getting tickets for big away games because their points will be a drop in the ocean compared to the older heads. Personally I think it's important that the kids get a chance to experience these big atmospheres.

Disclaimer: Must admit, I haven't thought too hard about these ideas, so looking for some views on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    In general, the loyalty points system is a great addition and helps to make sure the people that have spent the most on match tickets get priority for the higher profile games. However, I wonder if, in time, the system actually acts as a disincentive to people who are swithering about whether or not to buy a season ticket.

For example; Guy expects a poor season ahead, and therefore may not want to sit at Easter Road every other week and watch us play garbage. But, he and his two kids have been ST holders since the loyalty points system started, so he knows that he will still get away derby tickets and the potential semi finals and finals that Hibs are capable of reaching, no matter how crap we are at the time. Guy might be happy enough to leave the STs this season knowing this. And, this type of behaviour will only increase as the years go by.

Another thing that may cause problems, is that the younger generations are going to have a more and more difficult time getting tickets for big away games because their points will be a drop in the ocean compared to the older heads. Personally I think it's important that the kids get a chance to experience these big atmospheres.

Disclaimer: Must admit, I haven't thought too hard about these ideas, so looking for some views on them.
    Is it not the case that points drop off after 2 years? Meaning only the last 2 seasons are valid at any one time.

I thought I read that somewhere although I may be wrong.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Is no one concerned about .netters stating that the loyalty points system may stop them getting STs?

Is no one concerned about .netters stating that the loyalty points system may stop them getting STs?
    Definitely a concern but it will just put them further down the priority list.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it not the case that points drop off after 2 years? Meaning only the last 2 seasons are valid at any one time.

Hmm, if this is true then that would solve both of the above potential problems.

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Yes spot on, only ever 2 seasons will be valid.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I bought a ticket yesterday from the ticket pod as the queue at ticket office was rather long. If I took ticket along to ticket office would I get points added?

What if they've both been Hibees for their entire life ;-)

I'd only award 50% of the normal level of Loyalty Points to the 'Johnny Come Lately, Glory Hunting Scouse Gits'

Gamer IDs

Yes spot on, only ever 2 seasons will be valid.
    That's great news