hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Dagnall

Left by mutual consent!

Chris Dagnall

Worked his socks off today. Unlucky not to score, was harshly subbed as well IMO. He was everywhere today, had 2 well-hit shots saved and pressed the defenders and goalkeeper really well.

Really like the look of him so far. Another good addition from Stubbs, gives us something different.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worked his socks off today. Unlucky not to score, was harshly subbed as well IMO. He was everywhere today, had 2 well-hit shots saved and pressed the defenders and goalkeeper really well.

Really like the look of him so far. Another good addition from Stubbs, gives us something different.
    Totally agree BMD. I think a front pairing of Dagnall and Stokes will be awesome.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Totally agree BMD. I think a front pairing of Dagnall and Stokes will be awesome.
    I can't see that happening

United we stand here....

I said I was surprised he was hooked before Cummings but thinking about it he did look like he was starting to tire a bit.

My kind of player. In defenders faces, works hard, tries to link play and good feet . He looks a shrewd signing.

I think his experience shows at time. There was 1 particular moment in the 2nd half that caught my eye. Lewis totally overhit a cross, Dagnall knew he couldn't win the ball so just dropped 2 or 3 yards off the back post and didn't allow the defener to duck under the ball and let it go for a goal kick, his movement forced the defender to header the ball and concede a corner.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post

. Some of the runs he was making and the touches he had were two or three moves ahead of the rest of the team. Just the experience he's got and that will help us in the run in. He was unlucky not to get his goal today but I'm sure that will come soon enough.

I thought he was superb.

No idea how Stubbs is going to keep all these strikers happy but we don't half have some excellent options up there now with good competition for places.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He looked very good. Don't think the substitution was harsh though as he has definitely started to tire as the second half wore on

I thought he was good today. ready to shoot when he got chances and was unlucky not to score. his one twos were good, and was not overgreedy, or trying to always take on another man. played better than JC.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Opinions eh?! I thought he was alright, worked hard and was a bit of a pest but I thought he'd struggle to get ahead of Cummings, stokes or malonga and then Keatings did well when he came on too.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    My first view and I gave him pass marks. Impressed first half - hit a really powerful shot which the keeper had to scramble for as there was "no backlift".In the faces of the defenders all the time. Hope he scores soon.

I would like to see him in the role Stubbs plays Kea tings at the point of the midfield diamond, good worker good football brain.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I liked him, especially when he took a heavy elbow to the chin and didn't even react!

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    He's solid for his size one of the only forwards we have who looks like can hold off a centre half and win the ball when the balls punted route 1. Always a good option to have.

Also looks to have a very good strike on him.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Tireless and linked up well. Seems quite a clever player. Enough to dislodge a Cummings, Stokes or Malonga though? Not sure. But he did very little wrong today without perhaps having the goal threat the other three have.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Thought he looked good today, constantly making a nuisance of himself and had a couple good efforts saved. Can see him scoring a few between now and the end of the season. Exciting times!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thought some of his runs were excellent, very good at keeping himself onside. Not the quickest but good attitude and work rate.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I thought he was good today. ready to shoot when he got chances and was unlucky not to score. his one twos were good, and was not overgreedy, or trying to always take on another man. played better than JC.

This. Think he could be a very good player for us. Early signs look promising.

The boy looks the real deal .. Well played daggers

He was booked just before the substitution so that may have been a factor in Stubbs thinking.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Similar signing to David Gray IMO

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Didnae have my glasses on,thout it was Keating,(arrived late)
    Thought he was running his erse about a lot,then realized it was dagnall.
    Well done the boy🐇

I think he gives an option up front we didn't previously have, although I'm not sure he'll be prolific in front of goal. We haven't had so many options for such a long time I'd forgotten what it's like, Stubbs has built a very useful squad, its a matter of horses for courses now imo.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Needs to stick one or two in the pokey if he wants to keep his place ahead of Stokes or Cummings.

Dagnall looks a player who could easily fill in if Cummings gets injured or even Stokes.

Blog Entries
    At the moment,he scares the erse of defenders,he's everywhere,long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Was it just me or did that second half fly by awful quickly? When Stokes came on for Dagnall I thought it was quite early to make a change and thought it was tough on Dagnall as he was having a very good game, but it was 71 minutes the sub was made.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I liked what i saw from Dagnall today. Put in a power of work and set the tempo for others. His movement caused St Mirren all sorts of problems and he was unlucky with a couple of efforts.

Good signing, gives us something different up front. I would hate to play against him, he doesn't give defenders a minute's peace.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

He's a player .. No doubt.

Hope he doesn't turn out like James Collins. ....works his socks off but can't score in a brother

Yes, I'm getting rather fond of 'Daggers'.