hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Stokes.....GOAL!

Guys....get used to that! Delighted he got the debut goal, actually his 2nd debut goal!

The guys a machine and will score almost every game.

I'd start him next week. Very difficult though because I was impressed with Dagnall. Power of work, good movement, and create chances. Cummings always likely to score. Headache!....A good one though!

Well done Stokeys and Hibs!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys....get used to that! Delighted he got the debut goal, actually his 2nd debut goal!

I'd start him next week. Very difficult though because I was impressed with Dagnall. Power of work, good movement, and create chances. Cummings always likely to score. Headache!....A good one though!

Great work from Keatings to put it on a plate for Stokes. I would start Stokes before Cummings next week. Unless the plan is to play them both together.

Great play from Keatings, really unselfish play. Stokes will never forget where the back of the net is.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post

Stubbs has some thinking to do with how he goes up front next week alright. Not sure I know myself who I'd like to start.

A real headache for Stubbs next week with the strikers.

Stokes looked sharp enough today and scored.

Dagnall worked his erse off today, had 2 good shots and linked the play well.

Malonga hasn't done a lot wrong.

Keatings looked lively when he came on and set up a goal with a good bit play.

It didn't really happen for Cummings today but he's a proven goalscorer for us.

A lot of thinking to be done this week for AS.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    A good problem to have.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    Cummings and Stokes for me. Dagnall looked lively but those 2 will get you goals, no question

Cummings and Stokes are the partnership, no question. Fyvie and Bartley shouldn't be playing in the same starting 11 IMO.

Can't ask anymore than getting of the mark in his first game. Huns & yams kidding themselves on with all their bravado about him being nothing to worry about. GGTTH

I can't see how Stokes and Cummings together will work. Neither will pass to the other. Need someone who is going to do all the work and create space for whichever of the two is starting.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Cummings and Stokes are the partnership, no question. Fyvie and Bartley shouldn't be playing in the same starting 11 IMO.
    If Fyvie and Bartley are playing the same role then you are right.

They weren't today though and it worked very well. Fyvie was playing his more natural position whilst Bartley played his.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    I can't see how Stokes and Cummings together will work. Neither will pass to the other. Need someone who is going to do all the work and create space for whichever of the two is starting.
    Of course they will pass to each other.

Cummings always puts in a great shift so it's Stokes and Cummings for me.

Play them both. Give them the ball. Goals will come.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    I can't see how Stokes and Cummings together will work. Neither will pass to the other. Need a someone who is going to do all the work and create space for whichever of the two is starting.

Stokes is a real coup. He really shouldn't be playing at this level. Very good work by the club to land him. He's more than just a finisher though as remember one of the best games I saw him (unfortunately it was against us in the cup final we lost to Celtic.) I didn't think he could play that role either but he set up 2 goals for Hooper and was deservedly motm. Damn it!!!
    Last edited by Baader; 23-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Stax View Post
    Can't ask anymore than getting of the mark in his first game. Huns & yams kidding themselves on with all their bravado about him being nothing to worry about. GGTTH
    You can say that again! Let's see how smirk they are after Stokes rattles it in their own net at their own stadium!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A real headache for Stubbs next week with the strikers.

Stokes looked sharp enough today and scored.

Dagnall worked his erse off today, had 2 good shots and linked the play well.

Malonga hasn't done a lot wrong.

Keatings looked lively when he came on and set up a goal with a good bit play.

It didn't really happen for Cummings today but he's a proven goalscorer for us.

A lot of thinking to be done this week for AS.

That's where he should be played, not at the head of a diamond, you seen the difference today when came on. Good assist for the goal.

I would not be disappointed if Cummings did not start next week.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    That's where he should be played, not at the head of a diamond, you seen the difference today when came on. Good assist for the goal.

I would not be disappointed if Cummings did not start next week.
    You wouldn't be disappointed if our top scorer didn't play in a semi final? Strange

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    You wouldn't be disappointed if our top scorer didn't play in a semi final? Strange

Not with the other striking options we have no. Not strange at all.

@hibs.net private member
    It is strange that you would want to drop a player who has proven he can score goals for us and has done for the past 2 seasons.

It would be Stokes and Cummings for me.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Other options that added together have scored around half the goals Cummings has scored. As the previous poster said strange.

United we stand here....

It is strange that you would want to drop a player who has proven he can score goals for us and has done for the past 2 seasons.

It would be Stokes and Cummings for me.

And that will probably be the pairing next week, however I think Cummings will see a spell on the bench soon. He misses far too many one on ones for me. Its like when he has time to think about it he doesn't know what to do. Done it today, last week and a few other times this season. Can't argue with his goal tally but that certainly is one area he needs to improve. Just saying.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Play them all next week!!

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Who turns up on the day? Probably more important than who starts. We're in the enviable position of having 5 strikers who, on their day, can win us a game against anyone. Keatings proved it today after three weeks of poor performances, he comes on and does the hard work to lay it on a plate for Stokesy. Maybe AS's first choices will turn it on, but got a feeling that the bench will win it for us next week

@hibs.net private member
    And that will probably be the pairing next week, however I think Cummings will see a spell on the bench soon. He misses far too many one on ones for me. Its like when he has time to think about it he doesn't know what to do. Done it today, last week and a few other times this season. Can't argue with his goal tally but that certainly is one area he needs to improve. Just saying.
    If he continues to score as often as he does then he will be nowhere near the bench

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If he continues to score as often as he does then he will be nowhere near the bench
    It would be madness to drop your top scorer in an attempt to score more goals.

United we stand here....

I would start next week with the same 2 as today. Dagnall had a great game , but was always going to be the one subbed to make space for Stokes. next week's game could go the distance, so I would keep Stokes a bit in reserve, for a late change like today. wee Cummings must know he made a couple of silly choices today, by trying to take on that extra man more than a couple of times!

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Is Stokes available for next week , thought someone on here said he had come on as a sub for Celtic against Raith. I stand corrected , after checking he hasnt played but was on the bench so is not cuptied.
    Last edited by thebakerboy; 23-01-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    Is Stokes available for next week , thought someone on here said he had come on as a sub for Celtic against Raith.
    No he didn't he's free to play in both cups.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Today and last week is the reason why Cummings should sign a two year extension at Hibs under the proviso he can go in the summer of 2017. Two gilt-edged chances last week and again missing a one on one today. At this level and in the top league he can brush up on that, at a higher level it's generally unforgivable to miss those chances.

I made a spur of the moment comment today that he thinks he's better than he is and in hindsight I stick by that, four or five times he put the head down and tried to plough and weave his way through a few defenders when a more rounded striker would look for the pass.

These are things he can improve upon at Hibs over the next 18 months.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Stokes' goals per minutes played already frightening. Great addition to the strike force.