hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Living near Hibs players, past and present

Just a bit of fun, don't expect you to post your address

As the title says, anyone ever lived near a Hibs player? Any stories to share?

As a late teen, Nick Colgan lived in my hometown and would pick up KT for training in his Audi TT, loved that car at the time.

At Easter Road we play...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not a Hibs player but I did stay next door to Tam McCòurt when we were wee laddies. I also lived opposite the Krankies when I lived in Guernsey. Fandabbydozey.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a bit of fun, don't expect you to post your address

As the title says, anyone ever lived near a Hibs player? Any stories to share?

As a late teen, Nick Colgan lived in my hometown and would pick up KT for training in his Audi TT, loved that car at the time.

In my early teens Brian Welsh's mother was my next door neighbour until she passed away. Used to see him fairly regular and he gave some signed photos and things when he found out I was ST holder at ER.

Calum Milne lived near me in Mid Calder, often had a wee chat when bumped into him whilst I was walking the dog. Always had a good natter - good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    In my early teens Brian Welsh's mother was my next door neighbour until she passed away. Used to see him fairly regular and he gave some signed photos and things when he found out I was ST holder at ER.
    Who can forget his ****gy hair! Decent defender too from what I remember.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Stokes used to live here
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

A friend of mine stays a stones throw away from Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Who can forget his ****gy hair! Decent defender too from what I remember.

Decent player, He was massive as well, couldn't believe how tall he was. Then again I didn't hit 6ft until I was about 16.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Willie Miller used to stay in my street.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Living near Hibs players, past and present

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Decent player, He was massive as well, couldn't believe how tall he was. Then again I didn't hit 6ft until I was about 16.
    I remember him from the sticker albums around '97... Always had bloody doubles of Brian Welsh

Last edited by Iceman1875; 21-01-2016 at 03:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I own a flat in Lochend, where the Sunblest bakery stood. When I lived there, Hibs owned a couple of flats in my stair. Various players lived there including Torben Joneleit and Danny Galbraith. Torben in particular was a great guy.

Not sure if the club still own the flats.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Zemmama, Benji and Claros lived near me when they were here as did Ryan Mcgivern

There must be players around here just now as often seen Forster waiting in his car in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I own a flat in Lochend, where the Sunblest bakery stood. When I lived there, Hibs owned a couple of flats in my stair. Various players lived there including Torben Joneleit and Danny Galbraith. Torben in particular was a great guy.

Not sure if the club still own the flats.
    Is that your way of saying Galbraith was a bit of a *unt? Or that they were both good guys, but Torben just had that extra sociable edge?

Dirk Lehman used to live just round the corner from me when he was at Hibs. Always had his living room curtains closed, wonder what he was up to?

Kevin Thomson was, and may still be, a regular in a sunbed place round the corner from my parents.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    I stayed in a certain council estate for a short time where Willie millers folks stayed a few doors away. He used to often visit them and have a kick about with us kids.

Where I live now is a semi detached house and I believe pat Stanton stayed in the house next door when they were new. Talk of many a party with Eric Stevens on and Co in attendance I believe.

Would love to hear about Best, Sauzee, Latapy if anyone has got anything to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Dirk Lehman used to live just round the corner from me when he was at Hibs. Always had his living room curtains closed, wonder what he was up to?

Kevin Thomson was, and may still be, a regular in a sunbed place round the corner from my parents.
    Making, erm, movies perhaps?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    Calum Milne lived near me in Mid Calder, often had a wee chat when bumped into him whilst I was walking the dog. Always had a good natter - good guy.
    You must have lived near me, he was two doors down. Unfortunately he often partied a bit hard at the weekend for the rest of us in the block. Nice guy though.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Ulrik Laursen rented a house a few doors down from me for a while after he first moved to hibs. Saw mixu going in to visit him a couple of times.

Andy Watson lived on my street and came to the odd party my folks threw, was a decent bloke. At the same time Alex McLeish lived round the corner while he was manager, after the 6-2 game we went to his house and laid a scarf outside, like a one scarf memorial to a dead player or something! Around that time Grant Brebner bought a house in the area too, though sold it really quickly, could've been about the time he was doing all the gambling so I guess it makes sense...

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    My aunt stays 2 doors away from liam fontaine

@hibs.net private member
    I lived in the same street as Eric Schaedler over 40 years ago, used to see him training on his own at the local junior club ground and he invited me to join him once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    You must have lived near me, he was two doors down. Unfortunately he often partied a bit hard at the weekend for the rest of us in the block. Nice guy though.
    I lived in Ochiltree Cresc at the time, he lived nearby in, I think Bishops park ? however walked dog along footpath rear Ochiltree, and down towards Peoples Garage area.

Edit - May not have been Bishops Park, but think it was close to Lizzie Brice garage - street on right as you go down hill towards Ochiltree.
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 21-01-2016 at 04:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Andy Goram used to live nearby and used to drink in the same pub. My daughter couldnt believe it when one day walking along the street and a big hand landed on my shoulder and her then football hero said hello mate how you doing.

Slighty off topic l have worked in Sir pat stanton last two houses also was working in Laurie Rielly's house on the day Yogie got sacked. Gave me a persnal guided tour of his memoribellia true gent. On the down side l delivered papers to John geig of the old gers . Almost fogot wee robbo's ma in law he stayed there at the time the night before we beat them funny enough did not come through as i knew and l was a HIBBY

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Wullie Murray and Alex McGee stayed in our street a wee while ago

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Ivan was my neighbour, great guy and really down to earth, total athlete, used to bump into him in the kebab shop on Saturday nights or scotmid getting a late night snacks, always had time for a chat though

Not really a proper player but Tim Clancy.

@hibs.net private member
    Ivan and Ian murray (Ian moved into Ivan's house when he left) stay(ed) in the estate over the road. Both have/had kids in my kids class.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Went to school, and got the same school bus with Liam Henderson. Get on with him very well, as well as playing in the same school team as his brother, all great guys, still live round the corner and have a chat with Liam regularly!