hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The peado chants aimed at Cummings

Absolutely shameful from Falkirk fans. I feel sorry for Jason as he doesn't deserve that kind of abuse and it can't be easy to deal with, especially the stuff on twitter from yams/huns. Shame that one of Scotlands best young players is subjected to such *****.

Glad he shut them up with the equaliser though
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 17-01-2016 at 05:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Happens at every ground unfortunately. That's why we should all boycott the DR

It's piss poor 'banter'.

Not just Falkirk fans either. It seems fans from a hell of a lot of teams, including some Hibs fans, seem to think calling someone a paedo is comedy gold.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's piss poor 'banter'.

Not just Falkirk fans either. It seems fans from a hell of a lot of teams, including some Hibs fans, seem to think calling someone a paedo is comedy gold.
    Exactly. Poor patter from their fans today but I don't think we're in any position to single out other clubs, given the number of trumpets in our crowds that have enjoyed similar and worse over the past few seasons.

I think most abuse from the stands can be shrugged off but that level of stick is absolutely horrific, I'd not blame the lad if it made him feel like leaving Scotland

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He's not a paedo. They can shout it all they want as far as I'm concerned. I can't imagine it bother Cummings much to be honest.

He literally done nothing. Just shows you how some fans will latch onto anything. Most of them will have heard someone else shout it and then will do so themselves, no knowledge of the story. gullible idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He's not a paedo. They can shout it all they want as far as I'm concerned. I can't imagine it bother Cummings much to be honest.
    Apparently it does

FOOTBALLER Jason Cummings has spoken out about his link to a party where a 15-year-old girl was allegedly filmed having sex.
    The Hibs striker described his “nightmare” of discovering on Twitter what is reported to have happened at the Edinburgh flat where he watched a boxing match in the early hours of Sunday.
    The Daily Record broke the story on Tuesday but chose not to name the sportsman as we knew he had no involvement in the incident.
    But he has chosen to speak about the abuse he has received online since the alleged incident which happened as he watched the showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao .
    He told The Sun: “It’s got nothing to do with me. It has been a nightmare for me and my family. There was about 50-odd people at the party.
    “Me and my mates were there, down the stairs watching the boxing.
    “I’m sitting with my mates having a laugh, having a beer or whatever, and then I get dragged into this.
    “I only found out when I was getting abuse on Twitter. The police haven’t spoken to me.”
    The incident came to light after a video was shared on social media.
    Police Scotland revealed an 18-year-old was arrested and charged with a sexual offence but was released pending further inquiries.
    A Crown Office spokesman said: “The case remains under consideration.”

We're probably Scotland's worst culprits for that chant. We're in no position to point fingers. I hate it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Apparently it does

FOOTBALLER Jason Cummings has spoken out about his link to a party where a 15-year-old girl was allegedly filmed having sex.
    The Hibs striker described his “nightmare” of discovering on Twitter what is reported to have happened at the Edinburgh flat where he watched a boxing match in the early hours of Sunday.
    The Daily Record broke the story on Tuesday but chose not to name the sportsman as we knew he had no involvement in the incident.
    But he has chosen to speak about the abuse he has received online since the alleged incident which happened as he watched the showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao .
    He told The Sun: “It’s got nothing to do with me. It has been a nightmare for me and my family. There was about 50-odd people at the party.
    “Me and my mates were there, down the stairs watching the boxing.
    “I’m sitting with my mates having a laugh, having a beer or whatever, and then I get dragged into this.
    “I only found out when I was getting abuse on Twitter. The police haven’t spoken to me.”
    The incident came to light after a video was shared on social media.
    Police Scotland revealed an 18-year-old was arrested and charged with a sexual offence but was released pending further inquiries.
    A Crown Office spokesman said: “The case remains under consideration.”

At the time it would have, cos it was all over the papers and people didn't really know the story. His family would have been asked about it, and having your family dragged into it wouldn't be nice. I can understand that being stressful.

Now though, it's just a **** song by opposition fans, if it even registers with him then I'd expect it to be water off a ducks back, or to put it another way, bull**** off a Houston tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's piss poor 'banter'.

Agreed. For me the height -sorry depth - of pathetic idiocy was the halfwit who accused an Alloa player of "looking like" a paedo.

Didn't hear that chant today. In fact didn't hear any chants today. Absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Didn't hear that chant today. In fact didn't hear any chants today. Absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.
    Heard it a couple times

Loud and clear on TV

If I was Cummings I would have sued the Daily Record

Did you have the tele on mute? Was chanted by their fans every time Cummings was involved for us.

Was in the main stand actually. Towards the Falkirk end.

****** morgue.

@hibs.net private member
    Was in the main stand actually. Towards the Falkirk end.

****** morgue.
    You must have been close enough to hear it then??

Nope didn't hear anything. The only noise from Falkirk fans was just after they scored and at the beginning questioning Stubbs' sexual self-stimulation.

They chanted it just about every time Jason touched the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    Nope didn't hear anything. The only noise from Falkirk fans was just after they scored and at the beginning questioning Stubbs' sexual self-stimulation.
    Could hear it loud and clear from the away end. Shouts of "peado peado peado" and also "Jason Cummings paedophile"

To chant/call someone a paedophile is disgusting.

Something wrong with society these days.

In my 45 years I thought I'd heard it all from the terraces but shame on the Falkirk fans today for chanting that nonsense.

Horrible, just horrible towards Jason.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    To chant/call someone a paedophile is disgusting.

Something wrong with society these days.

In my 45 years I thought I'd heard it all from the terraces but shame on the Falkirk fans today for chanting that nonsense.

Horrible, just horrible towards Jason.
    Yep agree horrible chant and I wish the halfwits in our own support would also stop chanting it.

First chant from the Falkirk fans was Jason being a paedophile. Second chant was Stubbs being a ham shanker.

Was wondering what the hate towards them was all about!!!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    First chant from the Falkirk fans was Jason being a paedophile. Second chant was Stubbs being a ham shanker.

Was wondering what the hate towards them was all about!!!
    Stubbs has stuck it to Houston which is maybe why they don't like him.

Watched on hibstv with headphones and didn't hear any chants at either end tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yep agree horrible chant and I wish the halfwits in our own support would also stop chanting it.
    Bet kids in the Falkirk end were asking their parents what a paedophile was. Shameful from Falkirk. Shameful.

Jason is a young man making a living from football and to have that directed towards him is vile.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    At the time it would have, cos it was all over the papers and people didn't really know the story. His family would have been asked about it, and having your family dragged into it wouldn't be nice. I can understand that being stressful.

Now though, it's just a **** song by opposition fans, if it even registers with him then I'd expect it to be water off a ducks back, or to put it another way, bull**** off a Houston tongue.

Something we shouldn't give any thought to whatsoever due to the baselessness of the allegations. I doubt Cummings cares.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No doubt the little ditty will make an appearance at Tynecastle though.

Testimonial Due
    He scores against every team whose fans chant it. Long may it continue

It's a deplorable thing to accuse anyone of and those who take part, no matter how old they are, should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. The clubs concerned should be doing more to identify the culprits and banning them and handing their details over to the Police if need be.

Cummings gave the right reaction today by tucking one away against them but I would back anyone who decides to take legal action against the idiots who take part in this behaviour and that also goes for the clown(s) in our support who were singing about Jamie Langfield being a paedophile a couple of months ago as well. Why should anyone go to their work and be cried a paedophile the entire time?

It certainly isn't funny and there's absolutely no need for it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It's about as relevant a chant as shouting "Tory Tory" at Jeremy Corbyn.

Ignore and move on.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!