Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Liam Henderson

Absolute quality

Why Keatings would ever start infront of him is anyones guess

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Was superb when he came on. Needs to start next week after that performance.

No idea why he is not getting a starting place. He changed the game when he came on and we actually looked like we could get something.

Been one of our best players all season.

Cost us 2 points not starting today

Hendo was terrific when he came on changed the game. Keatings was a passenger yet again.

Keatings going to really struggle to get a game now

Henderson was very good when he came on but the reason he didn't start is because he's had a few games in the role Keatings was playing and he wasn't great. Henderson should start next week though.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    He did very well today and led our fightback.

Boy should be starting every week.

@hibs.net private member
    Said in the other thread. I'm a big fan of Keatings but he needs to play as a striker. There is no point playing him deeper it's like playing with ten men. It has been like that for weeks now.

Henderson to start please or drop Malonga back and start stokes and Cummings.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Henderson was very good when he came on but the reason he didn't start is because he's had a few games in the role Keatings was playing and he wasn't great. Henderson should start next week though.
    Keatings has been anonymous for five weeks now in that role. Needs changed. It was painfully obvious and the proof is the Change as soon as he came off

Think he's been off the boil lately but needs to start after that. As for Keatings, been unimpressed for a while.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Said in the other thread. I'm a big fan of Keatings but he needs to play as a striker. There is no point playing him deeper it's like playing with ten men. It has been like that for weeks now.

Agree 100%

Henderson has changed 2 games in 2 weeks when he's come on.

Should certainly start next week.

Spot on mate. I really like Keatings but same as you, as a Striker. That's his position. Off topic I liked the look of Dagnall today in the short time he was on. Worked hard, decent touch. Intersting now as it will be Cummings, Dom, Keatings, Stokes and Dagnall fighting for starts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Spot on mate. I really like Keatings but same as you, as a Striker. That's his position. Off topic I liked the look of Dagnall today in the short time he was on. Worked hard, decent touch. Intersting now as it will be Cummings, Dom, Keatings, Stokes and Dagnall fighting for starts!
    Dagnall looked the biz when he came on and was impressed what Sutton said about him (considering he has seen more of the English game than most of us have over the last few years).

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

In his two games in that position he scored 5 goals, I don't understand why he was ever taken out of that position.

Henderson is inconsistent and regularly poor when he starts.

In hindsight it never worked but I completely understand Stubbs thinking, imo people are being very selective with their memories here

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Henderson is inconsistent and regularly poor when he starts.

In hindsight it never worked but I completely understand Stubbs thinking, imo people are being very selective with their memories here

he probably our most creative player

Total disagree with Stubbs thinking - Keatings has contributed absolutely hee haw in about a month.....and today was probably his worst performance of the lot....id love to see stats on how often he kept possession

@hibs.net private member
    Must admit I've not been that impressed by him and wasn't even concerned he didn't start.

Having said that we were a different team after he came on today. Hope he kicks on come here.

Maybe fitness is a reason, looked very tired at times when he was playing every week. Was good when he came on and will hopefully start next week.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the laddies still only 19 years old, still developing physically, get a few steak pies down the thrapple :)

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He had a virus a few weeks ago and he has struggled since. Maybe thats why he is only getting 45 mins. He certainly changed the games the last two weeks. If fit he must start.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Must admit I've not been that impressed by him and wasn't even concerned he didn't start.

Having said that we were a different team after he came on today. Hope he kicks on come here.
    This.

Always seem's to run out of gas toward's the end of a game when starting.

Brought a hunger and urgency that was desperately missing from our play previous to his introduction.

I thought he was beginning to look tired and maybe Stubbs noticed too, a wee rest this past week or two seems to have revived him, very good when he came on today, changed the game.

I've always thought that Keatings would get goals playing behind a front two but was very disappointed in his apparent lack of effort today.He actually walked around in midfield,persistently lost the ball and rarely made any attempt to get it back.Very poor.

Said it before after first seeing him, Liam Henderson is a very high quality player and I love watching him in a Hibs jersey.

In case it has slipped the notice of a few saying he was running out of gas in recent games it's worth reminding again that the boy is still recovering from a pretty bad virus..

He's still only 19, got a couple of years of physical development to go, and yes, doesn't always make the right decision every time, but he is a superb footballer, mentally tough, with great vision - definite future Scotland player.

The lad is top quality, can be inconsistent but thats why he's here on loan, his vision and creativity is unrivalled in this Division IMO

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Absolute quality

Why Keatings would ever start infront of him is anyones guess
    I half agree with you mate, I would have dropped Malonga and played henderson instead.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I've always thought that Keatings would get goals playing behind a front two but was very disappointed in his apparent lack of effort today.He actually walked around in midfield,persistently lost the ball and rarely made any attempt to get it back.Very poor.
    If you're not a midfielder and get asked to play there it can be difficult. Dom's lethargy didn't aid the cause today either. Too often we also played lofted balls forward first half or rushed passes - for me Keatings should have been sticking left and giving Lewis an option when we got final third. Proper width was non existent first half.