hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Thomson back at ER?

Just had a text to inform me that KT is back in a player/coach role. Can anybody confirm this is the case?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    A couple of boys that appear to know him (SMAXXA) have hinted this.

I await a 150 post thread about how much wages he is getting when he doesn't play a single game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I await a 150 post thread about how much wages he is getting when he doesn't play a single game.
    I would hope most mature sensible fans would see this as a sound bit of business and that hibs will not be being stupid when it comes to games played expectation and wages.
    Welcome back KT if true. Experience and passion for the club. Just what we need.
    Also deserves a proper chance here after the way he was treated by our so called management team a couple of years back.

Could we stick to the topic instead of throwing out digs etc, some of us just want to know who is coming to Hibs.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Hope he's nowhere near Easter Road as anything other than a paying spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Hope he's nowhere near Easter Road as anything other than a paying spectator.
    Why?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    Why?
    Because he's rubbish, constantly injured, and has a 'habit' of falling out with his manager while at Hibs.

As for the coaching element, has he done any badges? Just being past it and a Hibs fan doesn't qualify him as any kind of coach.

@hibs.net private member
    Because he's rubbish, constantly injured, and has a 'habit' of falling out with his manager while at Hibs.

As for the coaching element, has he done any badges? Just being past it and a Hibs fan doesn't qualify him as any kind of coach.

Had to laugh at this...Fair point on Collins, but there is no finger that can be pointed at Thomson for his stints under Fenlon or Butcher...It was Butcher's appalling man management that isolated Thomson..not anything that he did..

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    While I'm still not convinced of his worth to Hibs, if he does join us then I fully support him and hope he succeeds in what ever role we may give him.

1. He's is not rubbish. Is a good player and just the kind of experience we need around the squad just now. Always gave 100% when he played aswell 2. Surely he was justified in having a fallout with butcher and more so malpas if training ground stories are true. He fell out with them because he didn't think what they were doing was right for the club.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Not fussed

Left by mutual consent!
    Trained with the team today and Hopefully finalise the contract. Wont be in the squad for Falkirk though but Stokes will.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Trained with the team today and Hopefully finalise the contract. Wont be in the squad for Falkirk though but Stokes will.
    Hope you wrapped up well BMD whilst in those bushes. Baltic oot there

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Hope you wrapped up well BMD whilst in those bushes. Baltic oot there
    Tell me about it Aldo. Couldn't tell you the last time they were trimmed either

Tell me about it Aldo. Couldn't tell you the last time they were trimmed either
    ;-)

It's a good move. Plenty of experience (good and bad) to pass on to youngsters and able cover should injuries hit us in the 1st team squad

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    next Hibs manager

#nap

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Why has Stokes not been announced on the fishy site . Een saying it's not done yet ? Fwiw happy with Thomson but delighted with Stokes ( even more so when it's confirmed )

GGTTH

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    KT was a decent player for Hibs, particularly in his first spell. He's made a few mistakes over the years, and has said a few things he shouldn't have but who hasn't especially when you're young.

He's played at a decent level, has lots of experience and is a rabid Hibby. If Stubbs thinks he can add something to the team either in a coaching role or as a player I'm happy to trust him. Welcome home Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I would hope most mature sensible fans would see this as a sound bit of business and that hibs will not be being stupid when it comes to games played expectation and wages.
    Welcome back KT if true. Experience and passion for the club. Just what we need.
    Also deserves a proper chance here after the way he was treated by our so called management team a couple of years back.
    Very well put!

Every time Kevin was brought from the bench he changed the game, maybe he has slowed down but he still has that football brain and knows how to use it!

Its a shame some people cant see a decent piece of business as being good for the club.

I hope he does well in his role as coach and can pass on a bit of his knowledge to others.

Welcome back Kevin!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Very well put!

Every time Kevin was brought from the bench he changed the game, maybe he has slowed down but he still has that football brain and knows how to use it!

Its a shame some people cant see a decent piece of business as being good for the club.

I hope he does well in his role as coach and can pass on a bit of his knowledge to others.

Welcome back Kevin!
    Well Said.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dont think that will be necessary

Couldn't we just change the title on the Eckersley thread, it would save an awful lot of time :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome back Kevin if. A fit Thomson would definitely be a huge asset in our midfeld. My Dundee mate is really disappointed Hartley let him go as he says "when Thomson plays Dundee play" He also says its nothing to do with ability its Hartley letting him take this opportunity

@hibs.net private member
    I meant to say in my previous post that on the playing side its "pay per play" so the club loses nothing

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Very well put!

Welcome back Kevin!
    Totally agree with this. I trust our manager's judgement on the issue of Kevin Thomson.

They were poor circumstances he left in last time and I think it would have been a benefit keeping him considering the state the club and team were in at the time and the prospect of an upcoming season in the Scottish Championship.

Could you list the managers he's fallen out with and the circumstances please? You seem very adamant about this. If it is a 'habit'?

Also, why don't you check if he has done any coaching badges rather than ask?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but I'm only interested if he's coming back in a coaching capacity. He USED to be an excellent player for Hibs, that was a long time ago, and I didn't think his last stint at ER was memorable in any way at all. I don't accept it's all down to Butcher, a lot's to do with injuries catching up with him, and he's a lot slower than he was. He'd be a great coach for us, that's why I'd be interested if he's taken or is going to take his coaching badges.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Sorry but I'm only interested if he's coming back in a coaching capacity. He USED to be an excellent player for Hibs, that was a long time ago, and I didn't think his last stint at ER was memorable in any way at all. I don't accept it's all down to Butcher, a lot's to do with injuries catching up with him, and he's a lot slower than he was. He'd be a great coach for us, that's why I'd be interested if he's taken or is going to take his coaching badges.
    Already has his B licence

He was at training today with stokes and jase was back aswell.